Barca fanboy debate (7 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
English football is all pace-based, strength-based, and I can't stand that. I'm a fan of free-flowing attacking football, but with the football being blasted around all the place, I lose interest. I prefer keeping the ball on the ground, a little slower pace, allowing natural flair to flourish, and that happens in Italy and Spain for me. Especially Spain. Serie A has a lot of flair to make up for the compact defenses.
yes flair coming from the world class players serie a is filled with.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
To you.

A lot of people think Casillas is the best.
Julio Cesar was last year's best.
Casillas made way too many mistakes and conceded a lot.
He is a great goal keeper but his defense fails him every match.

Buffon is back on top again

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
My EPL supporting friends are so ignorant about football outside Britain. They know fuck all about any other leagues/countries, even Irish football. They laugh at me for supporting Galway United because they're "shit". I've tried to tell them that Irish football would improve a lot if people like them actually went to matches and supported their local team. If they're not prepared to do this they should shut up and stop insulting their own local team.

Also, they think I'm deluded when I try to tell them the two best keepers in the world and the best right back in the world play in Serie A.
And you'll get a similar reaction if you try to explain to them that football did, in fact, exist before 1992.

Oh, and Buffon isn't just the best goalkeeper in the world, he is arguably the best player in the world.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And you'll get a similar reaction if you try to explain to them that football did, in fact, exist before 1992.

Oh, and Buffon isn't just the best goalkeeper in the world, he is arguably the best player in the world.
Thats reserved for Messi. Buffon is the best keeper in the world and he is in the top 10 players in the world.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think Messi is a better forward than Buffon is 'keeper.

If I was starting a team from scratch and could only have one, I'd have Buffon.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't think Messi is a better forward than Buffon is 'keeper.

If I was starting a team from scratch and could only have one, I'd have Buffon.
I'd have Messi or C.Ronaldo over having Buffon any day of the week and three times on a Friday.

Actually if i were a Juve fan and i was to be purely rational far from any emotions, i'd swap Buffon for Messi in a heart beat.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Actually if i were a Juve fan and i was to be purely rational far from any emotions, i'd swap Buffon for Messi in a heart beat.
For Juve, I would agree.

However, it couldn't happen because it would hinder Giovinco's development. :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
watch argentina games then, what has messi done when out of the barca system/squad?
Before Maradona came in with his shit tactics, Messi was king in the Argentine NT along with Riquelme. Refer to the Olympics and the Copa America, both tournaments in which Messi was imo Argentina's best player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)