Azzurri Thread (20 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
i agree, didnt see the game tonight but mancini has really turned italy around and turned into a modern side that can play at a tempo needed to compete today. its the best italy have looked in almost a decade but the individual quality is not high enough.

what quality there is is concentrated in central midfield and lacking in other parts of the team imo
I’m not as down on you are about Italy’s defence and wide positions. I think Chiesa is a future superstar in the making and as much as we make fun of little Lawrence of Naples, he’s a very good player and has done well enough in the qualifying rounds when called upon. Chiellini (if fit) and Bonucci is still the best CB pairing in football and I think they have decent options at LB with Emerson/Spinazzola.

The biggest question mark is CF for me. And possibly RB, but other than that, there’s a very good depth of talent to choose from.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I’m not as down on you are about Italy’s defence and wide positions. I think Chiesa is a future superstar in the making and as much as we make fun of little Lawrence of Naples, he’s a very good player and has done well enough in the qualifying rounds when called upon. Chiellini (if fit) and Bonucci is still the best CB pairing in football and I think they have decent options at LB with Emerson/Spinazzola.

The biggest question mark is CF for me. And possibly RB, but other than that, there’s a very good depth of talent to choose from.
meh, the first choice options in defense are good. despite the mockery of Dollarumma he is a quality keeper, italy has good keepers, and you're right about Emerson, Chiellini and Bonucci but I think there is little quality depth outside of that in defense.

Anyways my concern with this Italy side is not defense but the attack. I agree that Chiesa is top quality and an ideal winger because on top of the talent you've got his workrate but outside of Chiesa nobody else is that level. Insigne has quality but he doesn't deliver it on enough of a regular basis. There is a reason that Napoli is his ceiling.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Italy have a legitimate shot.

Germany have been ass lately, Spain aren't the dominant force they once used to be, I'm still not sold on Zee Netherlands, France are hot and cold (obvious favorites tho), Portugal have Ronaldo and a lot of talent but...

Oh, and England (Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool). They'll always find a way to self implode, given their status as the ultimate self entitled cunts who haven't achieved shit since 66.

Oh, I forgot about Belgium, but they are a meme team with Lolcacku, Hazard, and that pathetic joke Cuntois.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
England have lots of attacking options and will be dangerous going forward, but they look very dodgy at the back and lack a fixed DM (maybe part of the same issue). I think you can roll over teams with just attack, but if you are not at least good at the back you rarely win tournaments.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
England have lots of attacking options and will be dangerous going forward, but they look very dodgy at the back and lack a fixed DM (maybe part of the same issue). I think you can roll over teams with just attack, but if you are not at least good at the back you rarely win tournaments.
Declan Rice was fried but didn’t really work out? Yeh England’s weak point is in midfield imo. No great holding midfielder to set the tempo.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
This team is so much fun, brought the enjoyment back to the nazionale.

With 11 wins in a row and a 30+ GD in qualifiers it's safe to say we are back! now I want the friendlies against bigger teams. Only team that I see as scary is France, the rest (Spain, Portugal, Belgium) I see on a similar level as us, or below (Germany, England, Netherlans). Full confidence on Mancini and his process, a few games against this team before the tournament can give us an idea of what we can do.

It's a shame as a Juve fan to see so many good talents in such a young team, and to see Juve have so little to do with it. I'd take any of the first 8 midfielders for Juve for varying levels of importance in the squad. That's a strange sentence to say since usually it's the opposite. A Zaniolo, Verratti, Barella, Tonali, Sensi, etc. would do well here. The management shouldn't sleep on this.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the same. The most important thing is to recover the CF. With Mancini Immobile has been less irrelevant than before, 4 matches, 3 goals and 2 assists, but 3 of those in the demolition of Armenia. Still good to score and assist in two Finland games. Belotti has been similar but better in play and contribution. Those two need to keep it up and make their mark.

The RB is less worrisome, not much problem with having a solid RB for cover and allow the rest (RW, LB) to push up more. Spinazzola and Emerson are good to do that on the left. De Sciglio, Florenzi and Di Lorenzo are all solid RBs.

Insigne enjoys Mancini. The best of the trequartistas so far. In 4 matches between injuries and rotations scored in 3 and assisted in 1. His spot is secured. The difficult question is Bernardeschi, Chiesa, or even Zaniolo for the RW spot. All play well for the team. Chiesa played the most but took until now to find the goal, still his contribution is worth it, but so is the other two.

- - - Updated - - -

Insigne - Belotti - Chiesa
Barella - Jorginho - Verratti
Palmieri - Chiellini - Bonucci - Florenzi
Donnarumma​

Looks like the team with 3 or 4 players always rotated.

Last edited:

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Zaniolo is out.Chiesa, Bernardeschi, Insigne and Moise are in shitty form and Chiellini will be struggling to get back to form after his surgery and it seems Romagnoli isn’t in his best form either this season. It’s not looking very good imo I hope Mancini can turn this around, and Italy desperately need Immobile to step it up for once and replicate his club form and exceptional numbers with the Azzuri.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Not too much use to talk about form in January for a June tournament. The situation will change surely. Still Insigne shouldn't be grouped with those other 3. For Mancini he has been very good and he is a mature player. The 3 youngsters are much more risky and subject to ups and down in form imo. Kean is quite far from the azzurri, Belotti and Immobile are clearly ahead.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Oh and Italy have had better teams in the pst struggle against much worse opposition. I hope these days are finally behind them. It’s fun to watch them smash these minnows. And tbf they smashed Bosnia and Greece in the qualifiers too, both away from home, very underrated performances in what are usually tricky games for Italy.
Them smashing Armenia was the highlight of the year :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)