Azzurri Thread (15 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Ok I don't get Ventura. Rumor is he is going to start Gabbiadini. This guy has never had a break out year. This year he has scored 3 goals for Southhampton.

Mark my words, this is the most important match Italy will play for as long as I can remember. Not qualifying for the world cup would be a national disgrace and would mark a new low for Italian football. In such a match, how the hell could you consider starting someone like Gabbiadini.

Insigne and Immobile should start up front as they are the most in-form forwards.

All of us were puzzled by the selections Conte made at the Euros, but Conte is an excellent motivator which led to the national team out-performing at that tournament. Ventura is not a great motivator so he should pick the best players - pure and simple.

I missed the first leg. However, it is fair to say that Italy were unlucky - 2 or shots off the post and a near miss while we conceded with a rickochet. We can still turn this around, but its going to need a near perfect game. I am afraid that I am not too optimistic. I suspect we will win this but by 2-1 and get knocked out on away goals.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way guys, I plan on watching this. Aside from the usual streaming sites, is there a site streaming it on-line where I can use a VPN to get it?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Ventura as a coach simply complicates everything and makes this play-off against Sweden seem way tougher than it really should be tbh...
In fact, there are plenty in-form italian players that could decide this game if they play in the formation that suits their tactics , talent is not what's really missing, what this new generation really is missing is the experience of playing games of such pressure/importance...

I'm gonna say it again that it is only up to Ventura and his staff to mess this up again with their semi-pro coaching decisions by not being able to find a reliable mixture of experience and youth for a default first 11 , in over a year in charge he still seems totally confused of who, what and when to play... :applause:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I can't see this going well. Morale is low. Ventura has no imagination. How can a man that old, who spent his whole life in football, only resolve to play two formations? You should always play the best players.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I went to bolivia with a dude who benched 400 lbs and ran marathons, the second day in la paz he was so sick he couldn't move
Yeah altitude really does play a role. Also, you can't necessarily train for it. Some people just can't cope well. I'm almost certain every European team would lose to Bolivia simply because they have never had to play a game under those conditions.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)