Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No loss here. Paying over 20 million for him would have been a desperation move, seeing as his contract is up next year anyway, and he was never likely to renew with Zenit. We will get him in January, or June at the latest.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Axel Witsel responded to the failed Juventus move from Zenit on deadline day. “The longer the wait, the bigger the reward.”

The Belgium international was released from duty with his country to undergo a medical in Turin on Tuesday night.

He then waited in the Juventus HQ for a reported 13 hours, but the all-clear from his club Zenit never came.

The two clubs had agreed terms for €18m plus €3m in bonuses, then the Russian outfit refused to release him until it was too late to complete the transfer.

“The longer the wait, the bigger the reward. Live goes on,” wrote Witsel on Twitter this afternoon.

His contract is due to expire on June 30 2017, so Juventus can negotiate a free transfer with him from January, to be enacted next summer.

His message seems to imply that is precisely what he will do in order to join the Bianconeri eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

What should he have said, exactly?

"I am honored to still be part of a club that allowed me to leave my National Team's training camp, go to Juve HQ, take a physical, sign a contract, and then have me wait for 13 hours for nothing"

Is that better? I'm surprised that he is as civil as he is, considering the circumstances. It's Zenit's loss at the end of the day.
What i would say? Sneaky fuckin russians

- - - Updated - - -

Whether you like the guy or not, you have to admit that Zenit did him wrong. Very wrong.
Oh you like him too, yikes

- - - Updated - - -

Whether you like the guy or not, you have to admit that Zenit did him wrong. Very wrong.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What i would say? Sneaky fuckin russians

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I never said I liked him. I think he's ok, and could be decent. But he was never on the top of my list of targets for the midfield. I don't hate him the way Zach does. I just think they needed someone in there to help see it through until Marchisio comes back.

I would have taken Matuidi over Witsel any day, but I would certainly take Witsel over Mr. Couscous with Milk.

- - - Updated - - -

But it won't. He will be here in January or June, and you will have to resign yourself to this probability.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He will be a good free transfer and this leaves us with more money to spend on a wc midfielder next year but i feel like this.was the year to.go all out for CL. If Higuain and our amazing defense was younger i wouldnt be so worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)