Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Allegri loves energetic AM's who run a lot and have strong shot (KPB), he never used true AM in his formations only when he was forced to.

I would love for us to sign Quintero thou such an amazing talent

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Likeable? The guy that broke another player's leg with an intentional foul and then tried to clear himself from any wrong ? Okay...

Or not okay, he's an arrogant dumb asshole who happened to be good at football.
FFS, that has been more then 5 years ago and since then, the guy hasn't done anything wrong anymore.
I am not saying that I want him here, but stop already about that one mistake he made so many years ago and at such a young age.

And Wasilewski is currently a starter in an EPL team so it is not as if his career was over (ok, it was close but is isn't).

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Please no...

Let's NOT spend half of our budget on a fucking CM when our like 6th choice midfielder just beasted Real Madrid and made the block of a lifetime on the Rodriguez header.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Likeable? The guy that broke another player's leg with an intentional foul and then tried to clear himself from any wrong ? Okay...

Or not okay, he's an arrogant dumb asshole who happened to be good at football.
Wasilewski broke his own leg you know. He's the one who came in with enough force to break a leg.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Witsel is not good enough for juventus
Don't think he is not good enough, just not for the mentioned price, if it would be below 20, he would be good enough but 30, hell no, definitely no worth that much.
If Pirlo would leave, Marchisio one row back and Witsel in his place, he would fit in here.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Though I am far from his biggest fan, Witsel is ridiculously underrated on this forum. Do people actually believe that first Benfica and then Zenith would pay mad money for a player who is worth nothing?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Even if you guys are somewhat joking I don't think it's that far from the truth. We have Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal, Pereyra, Pirlo who all play or at least could play similar roles. I don't see why we should spend so much money on a player who will not make our team better.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Though I am far from his biggest fan, Witsel is ridiculously underrated on this forum. Do people actually believe that first Benfica and then Zenith would pay mad money for a player who is worth nothing?
Agreed and let's be honest, what have the majority of the people here seen from him, it's mot like they see Portuguese or Russian football every week.
For Belgium, he never dissapointed in a role that is not even his natural role and at Standard, he was great.
He has been a starter in a team that could afford to replace him (Zenith) for 3 years now.
Surely, he can't be that bad.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We have arguably the best, deepest midfield in Europe when talking about CMs

So he might be decent, but why on earth would we spend big money on a decent CM when our 2 first choice full backs for example are at a combined average age of like 32. Money needs to be used elsewhere.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
To me asamoah is the ideal profile for allegri's ideal midfielder signing witsel makes absolutely no sense not unless the club intends to sell a midfielder (except marrone) which I can't see happening any ways

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
FFS, that has been more then 5 years ago and since then, the guy hasn't done anything wrong anymore.
I am not saying that I want him here, but stop already about that one mistake he made so many years ago and at such a young age.

And Wasilewski is currently a starter in an EPL team so it is not as if his career was over (ok, it was close but is isn't).
He's been going in duels exactly the same way, hasn't changed one bit. It's only that he's playing in Russia ffs that he isn't being targeted for it. Besides he's not the quality we need.

Like Badass says, we need strengthening elsewhere. Move Asamoah and midfield and buy a fullback... As good as Evra & Lichtsteiner have been, they're limiting our attacking play.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's been going in duels exactly the same way, hasn't changed one bit. It's only that he's playing in Russia ffs that he isn't being targeted for it. Besides he's not the quality we need.
Look at the collision. Who is the one who came in with enough force to break a leg? Surely not Witsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)