Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
Allegri seems to enjoy AMs that can score basic goals and can press/defend well. At least that is what he asks his AMs to do it seems. However, He never really had a proper AM or trequarista in any of his teams. So there is the possibility that he would play a proper creative or flair trequarista if he had one available.

The question is, What CM/CAM can attack with some flair and creativity while still being defensively sound? Who is a well rounded midfielder of that sort?
I do like Pereyra there he has some flair and still works hard but we need some competition for him. I don't know who we should sign Marotta will work it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Depay is a bit of a hardhead trough his somewhat traumatised youth, that finds it hard to listen when ordered to do something, and will question anything he'll disagree with.

Professional players identify their strenghts and weaknesses and work very hard against them, and are open to any orders or criticism to improve themselves further, individually and for the team.

Tha hat does give it away a lil bit. You need to be as good as Hazard to get away with that. But hazard works pretty hard on self improvement all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean, Allegri is a versatile coach that tries to put players there and alters the tactic to make it fit, when he doesnt have a starting quality player who's a natural cam ?

Pereyra can play am, and he played there most of the time. Vidal moved to AM to compensate for Pirlo. You forgot about him very conveniently. Or Hernanes, who just failed there.

Vazquez is the ideal idea. Cheap and solid benchplayer who can be used to shift temporary to 4312 from the default 352 when the tactics demand it
I do like the Vazquez and Pereyra combo. Didn't mean to leave Pereyra out I just named players I remember him using there a lot. Did he use Ronaldinho there by the way?

- - - Updated - - -

Him or Saponara will be our AM next season,most likely.Hate to say it but they are the most realistic options for us considering market prices are going shoot up drastically next yr.
I think both could do well with us.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
because he wears a hat and drives a rolls royce?
No, but you can do those things if you work hard and are playing well. He's not impressing his coach - a Dutch coach who knows him well - in either training or in games. So that makes him look like a punk.

As I said, Juve don't touch players like this. If he's not careful he'll end up having a really mediocre career.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
No, but you can do those things if you work hard and are playing well. He's not impressing his coach - a Dutch coach who knows him well - in either training or in games. So that makes him look like a punk.

As I said, Juve don't touch players like this. If he's not careful he'll end up having a really mediocre career.
he is 21 and playing for one of the thougest sides right now. i don't say juve should get him but it is too easy to call him horrible cos he surely has talent. juve doesn't play with wingers

Mar 3, 2014
Allegri seems to enjoy AMs that can score basic goals and can press/defend well. At least that is what he asks his AMs to do it seems. However, He never really had a proper AM or trequarista in any of his teams. So there is the possibility that he would play a proper creative or flair trequarista if he had one available.

The question is, What CM/CAM can attack with some flair and creativity while still being defensively sound? Who is a well rounded midfielder of that sort?
Clearly why he loves Oscar so much. He is defensively responsable, but also can create. But if we were to get a player like James Rodriguez, Allegri would play him striker or something.

Jul 20, 2012
In general, Morata does well when the opposition plays an open game, and he doesn't do so well against a parked bus. He's good on the ball, has a good touch and speed, and that's why he thrives in open space and is good on the counter. That's why he did well vs CL sides that played open footy. Serie A defenses play a low line, defend in numbers, and don't offer much space, and opponents like that don't suit him very well.

Another one of his strengths is, when in form, he's a clutch striker. But now, he's off form, has low confidence, and even seems scared to shoot.

Just because he hasn't fared as well in Serie A doesn't mean he never will. We're talking about a young striker with potential, not the finished article. And he HAS shown plenty of potential and developed rapidly in the course of a year last season.

Dybala is an amazing, Pogba-level talent. Being worse than Dybala is no shame. They're also different kind of strikers: one is a CF, the other a SS.

If someone like Cavani is available and would join us, Morata should be sold instantly and without hesitation if 50+ million is offered. Without a WC replacement, there's no need to sell him.
Regarding Morata, remember last season at the very beginning he wanted to do everything by himself, than there was a spell that he would only pass? He is falling into that same sort of pattern. Unfortunately the only way out is to improve his confidence and get the goals back.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Like elia, and bakkali soon

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's also not a serious professional, so Juve wouldn't even consider him. Maybe the bad old days with Secco in charge.
The weird part is that he has always been rumoured to be obsessed with his body. And now he's suddenly overweight and out of shape?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
wait, depay is overweight and out of shape ?

How is this possible at a top tier club

- - - Updated - - -

wait, depay is overweight and out of shape ?

How is this possible at a top tier club

Jun 6, 2015
To be fair living in Manchester must be depressing and on top of that you have to play for a crap United team that is managed by probably the most boring and depressing manager at the moment. No wonder that he needs comfort food.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think Vazquez is very underrated here but do we need him probably not. Very difficult to see Allegri playing him as an attacking mid for us when you look the history of players Allegri has used there (Nocerino, Boateng, Vidal).
:tup:

IMO it's always one at the expense of the other. To have a full package you pay huuge money which we most probably wouldn't spend.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I heard Depay trained very hard in his previous club but acted like Elia off the field.

Curiously, we were linked with him towards the end of the 2014 summer mercato. Rumored price was 10 or 15m. He ended up having a great season, and his market value skyrocketed before failing (so far) at a big club. The potential and work ethics must have gained Paratici and co's interest, but they prolly decided against it after seeing the Elia side of him and knew better.

We already have a decent backup AM in Pereyra. Vazquez and Saponara wouldn't take us to the next step as starters. We need someone better whether it's someone young with great potential or a more established AM.

Regarding Morata, remember last season at the very beginning he wanted to do everything by himself, than there was a spell that he would only pass? He is falling into that same sort of pattern. Unfortunately the only way out is to improve his confidence and get the goals back.
Yeah, I remember he was first trying to score only, and then he went through the phase where he was always trying to pass and assist. Found the right balance ultimately and was making better runs too. He developed pretty fast last season in terms of decision-making and tactics.

After his goals in the CL in pressure situations, I thought he's a strong player mentally. This season suggests otherwise. Hope he scores today. A goal will do him a world of good.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Find one that is not like the others
I was very hesitant to include him. I know he hasn't exactly been top notch recently, but really, who in Chelsea has? I think you understand what I mean though - I'm not saying it has to LITERALLY be one of these players, just someone with that kind of talent.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
I was very hesitant to include him. I know he hasn't exactly been top notch recently, but really, who in Chelsea has? I think you understand what I mean though - I'm not saying it has to LITERALLY be one of these players, just someone with that kind of talent.
I was thinking about you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)