Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And that we only have 1 good winger when playing with two requires atleast 3, if lucky 4 of them? Dont consider Morata one at all, and Pereyra is ok depth.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
1) Yann M'villa
2) kramaric
3) We already have Cuadrado
Way to select three players that are very much below par. Mvilla is a terrible player and is not a distributor in any sense.
Kramaric is not an SS and is certainly not world class.
Coudrado is not a RB.

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from a rightback, i'm not seeing a single position where we can realistically upgrade considering talent and potential.

But we could do with winger depth
We can improve on Dybala, Hernanes and the big hole that is Marchisio's replacement.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
morata is not a winger, and pereyra shouldnt be our starting winger
In this assymetrical formation, he's kinda playing like an inverted winger who has the freedom to cut inside alot.

As it stands, the morata-dybala-cuadrado is a very high potential frontline. But we only got depth for the central role. That is offcourse insufficient
Pereyra is depth, but he's all the depth we have, so we should take a look at a better winger option, especially since pereyra is primeraly cm depth.

- - - Updated - - -

We can improve on Dybala, Hernanes and the big hole that is Marchisio's replacement.
Hernanes is depth, not a starter.

When Dybala and Morata are definite starters, its eighter Cuadrado next to them, or hernanes behind them. or hernanes in the midfield
Cuadrado is far more impactfull then hernanes, and our starters are significantly better then him.

Simplyfied in symmetry without defence

Khedira - Marchisio - Pogba

Cuadrado - Dybala - Morata

Midfield subs are : Pogba2, Asamoah, Pereyra, Hernanes, Sturaro, Pedo.
Seems good enough to me.

offensiv subs are : Mandzukic, Zaza, (pereyra)

Issue is clearly winger depth.

Saying we can improve on dybala, was like saying in 1994 that we should get Klinsmann cause we can improve over del piero

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
In this assymetrical formation, he's kinda playing like an inverted winger who has the freedom to cut inside alot.

As it stands, the morata-dybala-cuadrado is a very high potential frontline. But we only got depth for the central role. That is offcourse insufficient
Pereyra is depth, but he's all the depth we have, so we should take a look at a better winger option, especially since pereyra is primeraly cm depth.

- - - Updated - - -

Hernanes is depth, not a starter.

When Dybala and Morata are definite starters, its eighter Cuadrado next to them, or hernanes behind them. or hernanes in the midfield
Cuadrado is far more impactfull then hernanes, and our starters are significantly better then him.

Simplyfied in symmetry without defence

Khedira - Marchisio - Pogba

Cuadrado - Dybala - Morata

Midfield subs are : Pogba2, Asamoah, Pereyra, Hernanes, Sturaro, Pedo.
Seems good enough to me.

offensive subs are : Mandzukic, Zaza, (pereyra)

Issue is clearly winger depth.

Saying we can improve on dybala, was like saying in 1994 that we should get Klinsmann cause we can improve over del piero
Again Marchisio gets injured or goes back to his days of inconsistency, who will play regista? Hernanes is way too inconsistent and low quality to be given such a vital role. Khedira, Sturaro, Lemina, Padoin, Asamoah.. none of them can play this role.

I'd very much rather have someone who is only good at being a regista coming from the bench (a youngster like Tielemans) or I'd pay big bucks for a distributor and make marchisio play next to him the same way he played next to Pirlo and replaced him when he was tired. Only one decent regista in the squad is a crazy risk.

We are covered in the striker position with two very good players in morata and Mandzukic on our roster. Dybala on the other hand is not good enough yet (considering we had Tevez) and has no substitute that can play his SS role. I'd relegate him to the bench and get some established 28-30 year old to start for a few years until dybala matures. Dybala and the older SS can fight it out for that position the same way Morata and Mandzukic will have to fight it out now.

I dunno why you want winger depth when we dont even have wingers and 4-3-3 is not our formation yet. We need a CM in any formation we play.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't think Sassuolo will agree in January unless we overpay.

I'd certainly try though.
:agree:

Again Marchisio gets injured or goes back to his days of inconsistency, who will play regista? Hernanes is way too inconsistent and low quality to be given such a vital role. Khedira, Sturaro, Lemina, Padoin, Asamoah.. none of them can play this role.

I'd very much rather have someone who is only good at being a regista coming from the bench (a youngster like Tielemans) or I'd pay big bucks for a distributor and make marchisio play next to him the same way he played next to Pirlo and replaced him when he was tired. Only one decent regista in the squad is a crazy risk.

We are covered in the striker position with two very good players in morata and Mandzukic on our roster. Dybala on the other hand is not good enough yet (considering we had Tevez) and has no substitute that can play his SS role. I'd relegate him to the bench and get some established 28-30 year old to start for a few years until dybala matures. Dybala and the older SS can fight it out for that position the same way Morata and Mandzukic will have to fight it out now.

I dunno why you want winger depth when we dont even have wingers and 4-3-3 is not our formation yet. We need a CM in any formation we play.
Inconsistancy, is a thing for creative players. Marchisio isnt an actual regista, he holds the midfield and supports the team. Him and Khedira are good enough disteributors imo. Since we've had Pirlo, i've seen posters give the impression a 3man midfield, demands a regista. It does not. it simply needs more then 1 excellent passer. Pogba, Khedira and Marchisio makes 3 excellent passers, Marchisio's distribution is excellent enough. Relax about that matter for now.

Dybala is an immense talent. He showed his excellent against Sevilla, and this should be the season he nails his breaktrough. Why should we block his development ? if you have a true gemstone, you need to develop them. And dybala is such player. We had Pogba play 30+games in his maiden season, he had plenty of average ones, but at the end, he was about a starter.

Considering the situation, Morata-Dybala-Cuadrado is highly intriguing and full of potential.

Berardi would be an excellent addition, and fits the system

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I don't think Sassuolo will agree in January unless we overpay.

I'd certainly try though.

Inconsistancy, is a thing for creative players. Marchisio isnt an actual regista, he holds the midfield and supports the team. Him and Khedira are good enough disteributors imo. Since we've had Pirlo, i've seen posters give the impression a 3man midfield, demands a regista. It does not. it simply needs more then 1 excellent passer. Pogba, Khedira and Marchisio makes 3 excellent passers, Marchisio's distribution is excellent enough. Relax about that matter for now.

Dybala is an immense talent. He showed his excellent against Sevilla, and this should be the season he nails his breaktrough. Why should we block his development ? if you have a true gemstone, you need to develop them. And dybala is such player. We had Pogba play 30+games in his maiden season, he had plenty of average ones, but at the end, he was about a starter.

Considering the situation, Morata-Dybala-Cuadrado is highly intriguing and full of potential.

:tup: Good post, Zach.

Also, I would like to see a bit more of Lemina in that DM role.

Can't see any hope for Berardi arriving until the summer, TQ. Sounded like Juve wanted him in the summer, but he stayed at Sass because he wants to give himself a shot at making the 2016 Euros. Starting the year with an injury didn't help, and I don't think transferring to a somewhat out-of-sorts Juventus would help him accomplish that goal, either. He needs to play consistently to have a shot at that call.

Hopefully all is set for the summer, though. Domenico would be a very good addition to the squad!

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Neither Pogba nor Khedira are excellent passers. Vidal also was not. Marchisio is the only player that can orchestrate the midfield. I am not asking for a regista that can play the penetrating long range through passes that slice a defense open, I want a player that does exactly what marchisio did last year. A go-to-player in central midfield that can find players and players can always find him when they are in trouble. If Marchisio is injured or out of form, we will have to play hernanes in that role (who is shit) and will have to ask Pogba to stay back and help him with that job.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
Juventus look to Debuchy
By Football Italia staff

Juventus look to Arsenal’s Mathieu Debuchy after Stephan Lichtsteiner had cardiac surgery.

The right-back underwent the operation this week after he suffered breathing difficulties due to a cardiac arrhythmia during the 1-1 draw with Frosinone.

The club had assured he’d be out for one month, but today a cardiologist warned similar issues would likely force the Swiss international to spend six months on the sidelines.

Sky Sports UK and several Italian sources therefore claim Juve are preparing a January swoop for Arsenal right-back Debuchy.

The 30-year-old French international is not happy with the Gunners and reported to be having personality clashes with manager Arsene Wenger.

:facepalm2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)