Assassin's Creed: Revelations (1 Viewer)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Its the first AC i quit, the grenade system is awful imo and unfortunately mandatory to get some certain kills.
I also hate the real life waiting time, which is mandatory in order to repeat a failed tower mission.
And there are bugs in some portals in the island. (i have an illegal copy of the 360 version)

PS: I m gonna give it another try later with my pc, for the 3d screen+effects.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #123
    Its the first AC i quit, the grenade system is awful imo and unfortunately mandatory to get some certain kills.
    I also hate the real life waiting time, which is mandatory in order to repeat a failed tower mission.
    And there are bugs in some portals in the island. (i have an illegal copy of the 360 version)

The Tower Defence thing was a big failure IMO. Too difficult to win, and even after you lose, it's very easy to regain control of the tower again. So the point is lost.

As for the grenade system, I think it was OK. Not too bad, and not a critical addition either.

Jul 10, 2006
    Yeah, I can't wait for AC3.
    I'm really interested to see what it's about considering the end of Revelations.

I remember at the end Altair telling someone to take something to Alexandria. That would be a great setting for AC3

I was able to avoid doing the tower defense for the most part, just dont let your notoriety, or whatever its called, reach a certain height.

But anyways, the easiest way to win the tower defense is put down two barricades, level them up when you can, place riflemen on each side of the roof and use Ezios pistol and loot whenever possible. Save the cannon for the greek fire seige machine. Once I figured out this pattern it was pretty easy. But still, it only happened a couple times till I figured out its easier to just bribe heralds and kill officials.

But I agree it was completely unnecessary. I'd rather just fight off hordes of Templars in game with a handful of assassin allies.

Jul 10, 2006
    And the best part: after you bribe the herald and your notoriety goes down, you can pick pocket the herald. :D
    Yep... lol

I found the grenade system pretty pointless. I only really used them when it was mission required.

But then again I wasn;t too anal about gettin 100% synch on each memory. I knew there would at least be one memory that would drive me nuts trying to get it to 100 and without getting them all it's pointless since you need to get them all to get the achievement.

So often when it would call for stealth to get 100% synch I'd go all Chuck Norris on those fools. :)

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    To me its missing the main element that made assassins creed so good,planning...the first games rewarded you for taking your time,planning an assassination and then executing it.
    Now the game is bloated and most missions require you to get from A-B as fast as possible. The addition of recruiting assassins in brotherhood was a nice touch,the shop quests were unnecessary and the new tower defense sections are a chore

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    But if anyone is on x360 I will happily stab you in the neck on mp

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    I bought it used so I don't know if the uPlay code thing works. I never tried the multiplayer. Is it any good?
    The last one was insanely fun,sneaking about,tracking your quarry,see them creep up behind their victim and just as they are away to plug them you stick a blade in their neck....usually their intended victim will bot know just how close they cam to extinction

Though tons of folk just run about mental knifing everyone but you don't get as many points for that.
    The better you do the more folk hunt you,great fun if you are getting chased,dive round a corner,use the "cloak" perk and sit down and laugh as the pursuer knifes the wrong victim and you are free

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    been trying to play this while ill,the tower defence part is retarded and the Desmond memory segments are fucking woeful,it's like someone looked at Portal and thought "way cool,lets make a 1st person puzzle game as well" then handed to coding to a retard

fucking ruined one of my favourite games,i will finish it but i aint enjoying it

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #134
    been trying to play this while ill,the tower defence part is retarded and the Desmond memory segments are fucking woeful,it's like someone looked at Portal and thought "way cool,lets make a 1st person puzzle game as well" then handed to coding to a retard

fucking ruined one of my favourite games,i will finish it but i aint enjoying it
    True. I must admit that the only reason I liked it is because it brought an end to the Ezio trilogy and gave us more info about Altair's life.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    i have to admit i am not enjoying this anywhere near as much,the Templar captains always have a safe house to run into,so much wrong with this game but i will finish it....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)