Arturo Vidal (22 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
It's a shame that EPL's period of dominance comes at a time when media outlets (Sky Sports in particular) have a platform on which to continuously perpetuate the ''best league in the world'' motto. It's brainwashing at it's finest and if you watch and if you compare it to BT Sport or ITV footie coverage, there is a marked difference in the tone of their language when talking about the premiership versus the other Euro leagues.

BT Sport for example are complimentary towards Italian/German/French football, and its arguable that this is because of their broadcasting of said leagues. That said, they show plenty of Premier league games and the war cry that Sky is forever banging out, doesn't get the same level of attention.

In turn, Sky has a hard on for Spanish football, which I believe is largely down to their having vested interest in the league given the amount of coverage it gets and Gareth Bale for example.

There's a level of bitterness shown towards Serie A in particular and I think a lot of it is down to that league having been on top for so long. It's like listening to a child that's ultimately a bad winner, poking fun at it's predecessor and this filters through to your average 'premface' as you call them who simply don't know any better.

I always wondered, had Serie A had the level of social media and regular media outlets to discuss football around the clock whether it be on tv or on the internet, would they have been so ignorant towards other 'lesser' leagues at the time?

I often find that Premier League fans who are old enough to remember Serie A's period of dominance, tend not to be quite so ignorant and are more likely to reminiscent about the great players and teams.

It's unfortunate (to say the very least), that farsopoli had to happen at a time when the Premiership was effectively replacing Serie A at the top, as a lot of the new age fans were seeing nothing but scandal this and match fixing that and this all the Italian league is to them now.

You'll drive yourself insane trying to teach some of them otherwise so my advise is to not bother. Life is too short to stress yourself out over such things, if someone wishes to be ignorant then let them, if they want to seek the truth and look beyond their own league the it's commendable because in this day and age it's far too easy to sit back and gorge on all the propaganda the British sports media wants to cram down your throat.

As I said earlier, I'm not going to engage in silly name calling and childish trolling because it doesn't solve any problems, ignorance breads ignorance afterall.

Juventus 32

May 18, 2014

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Hey Arsenal fans, I know there are some of you that are reading this thread so let me summarize things for you:

1. Vidal is not for sale.
2. We're not a poor club.
3. Vidal earns as much as Sánchez.
4. You guys should consider reading a little more about Calciopoli, or at least get with the news.

Thanks.

Jan 5, 2007
"If we want Vidal, we will take him. There is nothing you can do to stop his dream move. His best mate is here. We have a better stadium than you, play in a much stronger league, a bigger fan base, more money, a younger more promising squad and a legendary manager.
The only question is....is Vidal good enough to be a regular starter for us???!"
WTF with this guys :rofl:

but tbh barca fans are really nice at least most of them, its easy to get with their forum and most of them has a great knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)