Arturo Vidal (17 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Then Chiellini breezes it, I'm not interested in the Marchisio vs Vidal nonsense that you might be trying to start up again, but Chiellini has been at Juve through the fucking dirt, he's going to take it.
It looks like Vidal is the most favored Juve player right now. It wouldn't be that strange if in 2-3 years when Buffon retires he surpasses Chiellini for captaincy. Chiellini for now seems the most logical choice but we'll see.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Chiello will be captain in the post-Gigi era. I can't see a single reason he shouldn't, because Vidal played well? I don't mind him being ahead of Marchisio in the captaincy race but the mentality and dedication Chiello brings makes him the only real choice.

My list would be something like this (Assuming both Barzagli and Pirlo have retired before Buffon):
1. Chiello
2. Vidal
3. Claudio
4. Bonucci
5. Licht
6. Giovinco :beppe:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
i'm pretty sure if we made Vidal our first ever foreign captain, that would make his stay at Juve for life.
There is always a first time for everything. I'm reading opinions on VS and people over there are not that opposed to this idea. Of course there will always be a little bias towards domestic players but many accept idea of Vidal as future captain.

I like this one:
Se al Milan fanno capitano Mosciolivo che è arrivato l'altroieri, non vedo perché alla Juve non si dovrebbe fare capitano Vidal. Marchisio ha la personalità di uno stoccafisso ed è destinato alla panchina spesso e malvolentieri.
Chiellini può essere capitano, ma sono sicuro che non avrebbe problemi nel caso a lasciare la fascia a Vidal.
:rofl:

And this
Io credo che la fascia dovrebbe andare al giocatore più carismatico, non a quello che c'è in squadra da più tempo. Posso capire chiellini, ma marchisio non so, non mi sembra abbia un carattere da leader o da trascinatore, qualità invece che vidal possiede senza ombra di dubbio. Ho avuto il piacere di conoscere Arturo, e se fosse per me, e per quello che vedo tutte le volte che parla della Juve nei suoi occhi, sarebbe capitano già domani.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Isn't there something like consultations in the locker-room when the team needs a new captain? It's not like the management comes in and decides just like that.

May 22, 2007
It looks like Vidal is the most favored Juve player right now. It wouldn't be that strange if in 2-3 years when Buffon retires he surpasses Chiellini for captaincy. Chiellini for now seems the most logical choice but we'll see.
Being the most favoured is irrelevant, Vidal doesn't feel comfortable speaking to the media in Italian after 2 years, he has no chance against Chiello.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Being the most favoured is irrelevant, Vidal doesn't feel comfortable speaking to the media in Italian after 2 years, he has no chance against Chiello.
To be liked by the fans is also relevant. But charisma and leadership among other qualities which Vidal posses are the most important for captaincy. Chiello is there of course. No doubt about it but the very fact that many Italians over there accept this idea is nice to see.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Chiellini will take it after Buffon that's for sure. I can see Marchisio being ahead of Vidal easily. Despite the fact he was off form lately he's got what it takes to be a captain. Our own youth product who's a starter here. He's at Juventus for too long to be ignored as potential new captain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)