Arturo Vidal (16 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think he meant it did in the long run. Look at kind of player Ronaldo became.
Cronaldo would have continued carried those dudes even today. Who knows..maybe they would be in a much much better situation if ronaldo stayed with them all this years.

About Vidal.... the thing about selling him would be to invest in a replacement of equal quality or better. But you spend 70 mils in players like Vidal..you do not sell Vidal to buy another nonexistent Vidal.
Yeah you can spend it somewhere else..but if he is being a pillar to your team and he is maybe the best at his position in the world.... you lose more than you gain by selling him.

UNless you have a master plan to reshuffle the whole team and buy like 2 or 3 top dudes...which we are not going to do.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That's true. But then I wonder if Ronaldo would have stayed after Fergie.
If he stayed in the team even without ferguson..im pretty sure Manu would not be sucking as hard as they did until now. In the long run..... they paid dearly selling ronaldo.

Mar 10, 2009
I don't think selling Ronaldo had that much of an effect on United. They were still the best team in the EPL with Ferguson and I think they would've lost to Barca in the finals anyways.
that's because Man Utd's one man team was SAF and not Ronaldo lol. The difference became clear the season when SAF retired

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Besides, if you look at it there has only ever been one instance where selling a star player for a huge fee has not massively harmed the club: Zidane to Real.

Pretty much any other deal, be it Ronaldo, Bale, Cavani, Kaka, Suarez etc. all had severe adverse effects on the selling team.
Thats because the selling clubs handled their transfer planning very poorly.
There are ALSO good examples to show selling clubs have benefited from big sales.The best recent example is the Ibra-Barca deal.

Key here is having a proper and well calculated transfer strategy.

I dont know if you guys are trying to make it sound that Vidal is indispensible to the team,he is one of our most impt players ofcourse but TBF we've been coping well without Vidal for almost the entire year whr he dint play a lot of games in the 2nd half of last season too.
Hope ppl dont misunderstand my post,not suggesting we should sell Vidal here.Our first priority shud always be to retain our best players anyway BUT i also believe we would've been able to cope fairly fine with the loss of Vidal, in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think selling Ronaldo had that much of an effect on United. They were still the best team in the EPL with Ferguson and I think they would've lost to Barca in the finals anyways.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Also,Vidal is a WC player but he cant carry a team like Ronaldo or Suarez do/did.I dont get the comparisons tbh.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
depends on what you mean by "carrying a team". scoring goals week in week out? he cant do that obviously. being an important presence on the field that helps other players push harder and increase their moral? he can do that. Vidal is the kind of players that makes life much easier to other player around him by running constantly, covering much ground and being a threat in offense. you wont notice his missing too much against "fodder teams" but he is the one to make the difference in the middle against top opposition. ofcourse i am talking about Vidal in his best form. i wish he regains top form by the time we face Dortmund to show you what i mean.

and the loss of Ronaldo was very well felt in United. they lost 2 titles, 2010 to Ancelottis Chelsea on 1 point and 2012 to City on goal difference. Ronaldo was their difference between winning a title and almost winning a title.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Besides, if you look at it there has only ever been one instance where selling a star player for a huge fee has not massively harmed the club: Zidane to Real.

Pretty much any other deal, be it Ronaldo, Bale, Cavani, Kaka, Suarez etc. all had severe adverse effects on the selling team.
That's just wrong. Examples are David Luiz, Falcao, Ibrahimovic, et cetera. Definitely not true.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
And also Vidal isn't close to players like Ronaldo, Suarez, and Bale.
:shifty: :turk:

When did Bale carry a team, my dear friend? If memory serves me right, his Tottenham still failed to qualify for the CL, even with Bale there :D

- - - Updated - - -

ronaldo can carry a team? tell that to the portugal fans
:klin: :D

- - - Updated - - -

Since when is Portugal a team?

:pumpkin:

1-7 Bro.Never forget :p

- - - Updated - - -

Yes wanting 70m to reinvest is stupid :howler:
Quality > Quantity

That applies to your posts too :p

- - - Updated - - -

Utter stupid. And even more stupid believing we'd get that much money.

A Vidal in top form has no equal and what he offers to this team is priceless. There are other ways of making money.
:agree: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I have full confidence he won't leave Juventus until he's well over 30. A legend. Makes you realize how stupid some people were for wanting his head.
:heart: :touched: You make me believe

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It only sucks when your team revolves around that player.
Which we have shown this season that our team doesn't revolve around Vidal. We have done quite well without him.

Now, imagine, under the stewardship :)D) of Marotta what we could do with 60-70m...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)