Arturo Vidal - DM - Bayer Leverkusen (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Conte obviously rates Marchisio highly. So its likely Vidal would be Melo's replacement, wouldn't it? I have a feeling we'll sell Melo for more than we buy Vidal. Melo is definitely widely regarded as superior.

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
If we buy Vidal, hopefully, I cannot see Melo staying UNLESS Conte changes to 4-3-3 - which is highly unlikely..

I think Marchisio and Pirlo are fighting for 1 spot, and then Pazienza/Melo/Vidal for the last.

I reckon we will have Poli or Ekdal to serve as the the 5th/last sub..

Melo is simply too expensive to have on the bench while we seriously need wingers, a new cb and maybe ST too

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He is still paying for the Parma incident obviously because there are few times I've seen him get carded for his anger problems relative to many other players. He is certainly more proven than Vidal considering he is settled here now and we know he can perform. Plus his defensive game is going to be something we lack in our midfield if we swap him for Vidal which is going to become important with Pirlo in there. Conte talks about Juve spirit, Melo has it and I hope that Conte realises that in training. We did overpay for him but that doesn't mean he can't still fetch over 15M while we are bidding 13M for Vidal.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Zlatan can't control his temper and you would love to have him too here.

A big difference between Zlatan who's a world class player, one of the best 5 in the world and who's teams have won the league for the past 9-10 years consecutively and Melo who is a good (maybe even very good) player, but he's not world class, let alone one of the top 5 player in the world.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
A big difference between Zlatan who's a world class player, one of the best 5 in the world and who's teams have won the league for the past 9-10 years consecutively and Melo who is a good (maybe even very good) player, but he's not world class, let alone one of the top 5 player in the world.
Far from it. Faaaaar away but anyway.

Bojan has won two CL already let alone other cups but it doesn't say much to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)