Arturo Vidal - DM - Bayer Leverkusen (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i disagree, he would be a cheaper alternative to fabregas and with a squad as small as barca's offers great versatility. For madrid, perhaps an alternative to lassana, again offers versatility.
:lol: :lol:

Come on man, he isn't an alternative to Cesc at all, other than the fact that they are both different kinds of players. Cesc is ten times the player Vidal is.

As for Real, he has no chance of playing for them at all. Lassana is a bench player at Real, so you saying he is an alternative to Lassana just means that he might or might not make the bench at Real.

I thought of another team that has no use for him. Chelsea.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

Come on man, he isn't an alternative to Cesc at all, other than the fact that they are both different kinds of players. Cesc is ten times the player Vidal is.

As for Real, he has no chance of playing for them at all. Lassana is a bench player at Real, so you saying he is an alternative to Lassana just means that he might or might not make the bench at Real.

Didn't you just tell people not to exaggerate? :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Don't be jealous and go to bed :D
We're usually very inactive in the market, and when we do buy players they aren't exciting. But even by our standards this isn't an exciting signing. Nothing to be jealous of at all. :D

The only time i was beginning to feel jealous, was when some reports said that Juve were trying to buy Aguero, although from the start i knew and said that it wouldn't work out. But simply the ambition of trying to buy a player of the stature of Aguero shows ambition, and that i indeed made me a little jealous, as my team rarely ever shows that ambition in the market.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I dont think that Vidal can co exist with Pirlo as the CM duo, in the physical serie A, in a team with very low tempo, like Juve.
I don't think anyone can really work with Pirlo in a 4-4-2.

My impression is that Conte likes to play at a decent tempo, so wouldn't necessarily go with the low tempo argument just now.

Felipe Melo shouldn't even be playing professional football. He's so poor tactically that he really should be playing beach-football. Seriously. Especially his positioning, sucks. And that tendency to make those thoughtless, risky moves of his, never really left him.
An exaggeration, but I don't entirely disagree with you.

Lets not exaggerate here. He would add nothing to Barca and Real.
He would have been a better option for Real Madrid than Khedira this last season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

do you really think barca need fabregas when they have a perfect enough side? my point is that why spend 40 mill on a player you don't need and actually spend it on someone who is still fairly decent and offers the ability to play in different roles, at a far cheaper price, when you think of barca's current financial state he would have made more sense imo.

as for chelsea, id have vidal over that piece of shit called mikel any day.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Felipe Melo shouldn't even be playing professional football. He's so poor tactically that he really should be playing beach-football. Seriously. Especially his positioning, sucks. And that tendency to make those thoughtless, risky moves of his, never really left him.
One of the worst players to ever play for Juventus, in my opinion.

As for Vidal, well, he'll have everything to prove here, won't he? I totally agree with that. But will he surpass Felipe Melo? By miles.
Can't offer anything that Melo wasn't capable of?
Melo was a DM with no tactical sense whatsoever. He could be likened to a headless chicken. Vidal, on the contrary, is known for his tactical aptness. He plays the DM-role very effectively, and not only that, he can also go "box to box". Melo tried that as well, and apart from that goal he scored against Roma (away) in his debut season, almost always lost the ball while trying it. And on some of those occasions we conceded a goal. Last but not least, Vidal is a better passer. And as of yet, he doesn't kick opponents in the head, push people to the ground, talk shit about his fans and his teammates.
Really? I don't watch Bundesliga so am not fully aware of him apart from Chile performances (since WC2010 qualification), but apparently he's more of a "complete" midfielder who can adapt to offensive and defensive midfield.
I don't have to sit here and describe Melo's ability which I have done before, but hopefully you will have the same opinion about a year from today

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You don't know that. Khedira was quite good at Stuttgart mind you, but couldn't replicate his form at Real. While i admit that i've only seen Vidal play a few times, i have to say, is he really better than Lass Diarra?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
do you really think barca need fabregas when they have a perfect enough side? my point is that why spend 40 mill on a player you don't need and actually spend it on someone who is still fairly decent and offers the ability to play in different roles, at a far cheaper price, when you think of barca's current financial state he would have made more sense imo.

as for chelsea, id have vidal over that piece of shit called mikel any day.
Xavi is 31 now, you know that right? Cesc will probably play second fiddle to him next season, but in a year's time he'll probably take his place. Having him play as a rotation player for a year before he becomes a starter for them is not a bad idea. So actually i think, they need Cesc.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I don't have to sit here and describe Melo's ability which I have done before, but hopefully you will have the same opinion about a year from today
Don't worry, my opinion of Melo has been the same for 2 years and it won't change.

As for Vidal, I'm saying that he has everything to prove when he comes to Juventus. But he will do better than Melo, that's a certainty.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
You don't know that. Khedira was quite good at Stuttgart mind you, but couldn't replicate his form at Real. While i admit that i've only seen Vidal play a few times, i have to say, is he really better than Lass Diarra?
Diarra is a beast, could've been the perfect partner to Pirlo .

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Khedira never impressed me much, though I didn't see much of him in the Bundesliga.

Vidal's a different player to Diarra.

Diarra is more than just a pure DM, but not by much.

Vidal is much more a box-to-bos player.

In their own roles, I'd still say Diarra is the better - or at least the more proven - player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)