Arturo Vidal - DM - Bayer Leverkusen (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Good addition, but won't be a difference maker out there, he isn't going to offer us something that Melo wasn't capable of. Wake me up when we get a proper SS, LW, and LB, until then we will be only fighting for a position in Europa League.

May 22, 2007
Good addition, but won't be a difference maker out there, he isn't going to offer us something that Melo wasn't capable of. Wake me up when we get a proper SS, LW, and LB, until then we will be only fighting for a position in Europa League.
Really? I don't watch Bundesliga so am not fully aware of him apart from Chile performances (since WC2010 qualification), but apparently he's more of a "complete" midfielder who can adapt to offensive and defensive midfield.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Felipe Melo shouldn't even be playing professional football. He's so poor tactically that he really should be playing beach-football. Seriously. Especially his positioning, sucks. And that tendency to make those thoughtless, risky moves of his, never really left him.
One of the worst players to ever play for Juventus, in my opinion.

As for Vidal, well, he'll have everything to prove here, won't he? I totally agree with that. But will he surpass Felipe Melo? By miles.
Can't offer anything that Melo wasn't capable of?
Melo was a DM with no tactical sense whatsoever. He could be likened to a headless chicken. Vidal, on the contrary, is known for his tactical aptness. He plays the DM-role very effectively, and not only that, he can also go "box to box". Melo tried that as well, and apart from that goal he scored against Roma (away) in his debut season, almost always lost the ball while trying it. And on some of those occasions we conceded a goal. Last but not least, Vidal is a better passer. And as of yet, he doesn't kick opponents in the head, push people to the ground, talk shit about his fans and his teammates.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Felipe Melo shouldn't even be playing professional football. He's so poor tactically that he really should be playing beach-football. Seriously. Especially his positioning, sucks. And that tendency to make those thoughtless, risky moves of his, never really left him.
One of the worst players to ever play for Juventus, in my opinion.

As for Vidal, well, he'll have everything to prove here, won't he? I totally agree with that. But will he surpass Felipe Melo? By miles.
Can't offer anything that Melo wasn't capable of?
Melo was a DM with no tactical sense whatsoever. He could be likened to a headless chicken. Vidal, on the contrary, is known for his tactical aptness. He plays the DM-role very effectively, and not only that, he can also go "box to box". Melo tried that as well, and apart from that goal he scored against Roma (away) in his debut season, almost always lost the ball while trying it. And on some of those occasions we conceded a goal. Last but not least, Vidal is a better passer. And as of yet, he doesn't kick opponents in the head, push people to the ground, talk shit about his fans and his teammates.
Well said, Vidal will surpass Melo in everyway. I personally feel he already has but that my opinion. He will be a difference maker. I know my word obviously means very little but Ill but my neck out and say he will be a huge addition for us for this upcoming season.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Man, don't believe that shit. It's going be official monday, official tuesday, wednsday, blablabla.

There will be a surprising day when Vidal enters Juve HQs and participates in the medical.
Why will it be surprising? and in which way? that he would join Juve or that this transfer saga is actually over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)