Arthur (4 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
They basically told him to fuck off even after he publicly stated his desire to stay, so I don't blame him for returning the favor.
on a human level, that's a perfectly understandable reaction.

on a professional level, it's unacceptable. shit happens, still, you have to respect your contract until it's running. it's not a playground. barcelona pays millions for him, they are allowed not to count on him until he's there. even if setien told him that arthur won't be used in the cl at all, he should return if ordered, period. i'm not happy to see this.

- - - Updated - - -

Like a contract means shit these days. Nobody honors them anymore.
i expect juventus players to honor theirs. in fact, i don't remember any not to do so.

maybe when caceres fucked that underage girl :snoop:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Barca didnt honor their part of the contract when they forced him out, this is just him returning the favor. a wild wild move as you rarely see a player going all out against a club, but respect. Its gonna cost him, but I imagine his agent read the contract and Arthur is comfortable with that sum.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
haha, good luck going to the cas with a case like that

transfer listing or selling a player is 100% legal. not turning up in the office in due time, well, i'm not so sure.
there must be a penalty listed in the contract for not turning up to training and its apparently not big enough to make Arthur give a fuck a month before his contract expires, do you think this might go to cas?

If the reports of Barca telling him he'll not play another minute if he stays are true, thats a grey area in regards to Barca honoring their part of the contract, but if course we dont know what went on behind the scenes and rarely anyone goes after the club in cases like these.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
So we ok with our future player being an unprofessional dunce who decides when he plays or doesn't even tho he is under contract?
I’d totally be on Manbro’s side if he decided to simply not show up after everything he did for the club whether he was under contract or not. To gain respect you gotta give it too. Pay whatever penalty fee he legally has to and move on.

And seriously all the people “duh honor contract duh” are just as hypocrite as the “fair play” believers. In today’s football you got players who sign a 3 year contract to China obviously just for the money and after barely a year go “nah I’m leaving”. Clubs came up with a release clause so that they could still have some control over the players like in the past and guess what, players leave before their contracts run out anyway.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I’d totally be on Manbro’s side if he decided to simply not show up after everything he did for the club whether he was under contract or not. To gain respect you gotta give it too. Pay whatever penalty fee he legally has to and move on.

And seriously all the people “duh honor contract duh” are just as hypocrite as the “fair play” believers. In today’s football you got players who sign a 3 year contract to China obviously just for the money and after barely a year go “nah I’m leaving”. Clubs came up with a release clause so that they could still have some control over the players like in the past and guess what, players leave before their contracts run out anyway.

Its one thing to decide you want to leave club suddenly, or that they dont want to play you, or want to sell you, that is part of the territory, contract doesnt mean you have to be there for its entirety. But when you are under contract, you have one basic obligation, you are available and ready to suit up, and they the club are obligated to pay you, wether you play or not. Under no circusmtances is it ok for you to decide you dont wanna play/be available when you are paid to be. Even if you ok with them punishing you with fines, its still absolute bullshit, even if the club are absolute assholes (on human level its understandable to be pissed, but this is not the first player hard done), train/be available, and do your job as a professional, then leave (he litterally has a move to us, no reason to be this unprofessional at the end). I'm not sure why in the hell you are ok with this?

If Arthur did this in Juve, he would be the most hated figure around, its silly to defend this. I mean people called Iaquinta, Amauri, or currently Khedira "leeches", for not leaving simply because they past their used date, when they simply dont want to leave, are available with the contract they got. The true moronic leech is someone who is under contract and REFUSES to train/be available to play.

This is a huge red flag IMO.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Its one thing to decide you want to leave club suddenly, or that they dont want to play you, or want to sell you, that is part of the territory, contract doesnt mean you have to be there for its entirety. But when you are under contract, you have one basic obligation, you are available and ready to suit up, and they the club are obligated to pay you, wether you play or not. Under no circusmtances is it ok for you to decide you dont wanna play/be available when you are paid to be. Even if you ok with them punishing you with fines, its still absolute bullshit, even if the club are absolute assholes, train/be available, and do your job as a professional. I'm not sure why in the hell you are ok with this?

If Arthur did this in Juve, he would be the most hated figure around, its silly to defend this. I mean people called Iaquinta, Amauri, or currently Khedira "leeches", for not leaving simply because they past their used date, when they simply dont want to leave, are available with the contract they got. The true moronic leech is someone who is under contract and REFUSES to train/be available to play.

This is a huge red flag IMO.
If he was pushed out in such an awkward way even though he publicly and explicitly said he wanted to say then it's a fucked up move by the club. It's disrespect, plain and simple. You're not wrong when you say that still being part of the club means he should abide by their rules and be available to play but that's in a perfect world. In the real world players have way too much power over clubs and they do whatever the fuck they want. They have the money and they can afford whatever a penalty might cost. I can't argue with that, I wish it wasn't like that but it is. In fact I don't know how players got to be in such a position. If that's your argument I'm with you there.

If Arthur did this in Juve after being treated like Mandzukic was I'd back him up 100%. Mutual respect is the key here. I do disagree with you that it's ok for a club to be total assholes and not be treated as such. It should work both ways as we're seeing it actually does.

Now you know what's gonna happen? All this noise will go away in a few weeks time, they will reach an amicable solution. Barça will move on, Arthur will move on. But you know who won't move on? Tuz.

So even before playing a single minute for Juventus there's already gonna be prejudice. Unless he puts on an out of this world performance here whatever good he does will be undermined and overly judged. And you've been in the forum long enough to know this is true.

Oct 23, 2011
No wonder he's known for being gassed at the 70th minute every game.

This won't fly with Ronaldo, Buffon, Chiellini.. if he's not prepared to man up he's going to the wrong club.
This. How is it possible for a 23-year old to be gassed after an hour. At that age, he should be bursting with energy and should be able to easily play a couple of 90-minute games a week. Add to that his party life and you know he just lacks the basic professional commitment.

I just do not have a good feeling about this transfer and he better not be our "main" CM acquisition. Hope he proves me wrong.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
@Osman See, my point is just being proved over and over. Read those comments. 2 months ago nobody knew who this player was now suddenly everybody is an expert on his personal life. They know his schedule and how much he parties :baus:

Dude's already damned before even kicking a ball in Italy. I don't really care for the guy besides doing a good job here but just had to point out the extreme levels of hipocrisy on this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)