Arthur (36 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
There is a second report that Barcelona has agreed to Arthur's request for early termination of contract. This would contradict the other report that he left without Barca's consent.

That said also reading from Barca fan comments that he had some disciplinary issues with partying and missed matches after catching STD :eek:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
There is a second report that Barcelona has agreed to Arthur's request for early termination of contract. This would contradict the other report that he left without Barca's consent.

That said also reading from Barca fan comments that he had some disciplinary issues with partying and missed matches after catching STD :eek:
:agree:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@CrimsonianKing doesnt he deserve the scrutinity if he is being this wildly unprofessional? What is there to defend? Many players have been treated like they are unwanted by a club, almost no ever refused to play/train, not even absolute morons like Balotelli. There is no defending this, I dont get it.

Mandzukic would never do this because he was a professional, even tho he was cast aside for 6-7 months without playing, Arthur within few weeks of being told he is to leave/be sold, is refusing to train and play, this is way worse. What I dont get is how you are ok with it.

Because clubs are assholes, but players have even more power, not the power to refuse to play, thats just unprofessionalism to the core, but if a player wants to leave, they will truly leave. What Neymar did in Barca, what Pogba did with us, what Beckham did in Man U, Figo in Barca etc. Be disgruntled, and you are allowed to leave no matter the big name you are. You know what neither of them did? Refuse to suit up and be available (tho Neymar was close to doing that bs).

I mean Arthur has just couple weeks of the season left before he officially leaves them, so his remaining obligation is fairly small, then his out. So he is being this unprofessional out of spite and being petty. He is not the first football player to have his feelings hurt, but he is the only one I can remember right now refusing his contractual obligation. If Pjanic did this right now with us, refuse to play when we need the depth, he would be villified, dont tell me you would be defending that.

About other Juve fans overdoing things about him. Ok if it didnt have any basis. But how is it out of thin air here, ofcourse he is going to have some prejudice against him, we are judging him on his signs of lack of professionalism (we threw out a way better player in Vidal for unprofessionalism, we defenitely gonna be less forgiving then Barcelona in these things). Because at first sign of struggle, he might do this for us? And recalling his discplinary or fitness issues with Barcelona is a valid concern to address. Even if overanalyzing it can be bit overdone, knee-jerkism and hypocritical. But I personally seen barcelona games where he is been subbed out 60th minute almost every time. Hopefully his fitness levels will be better with us. And he is currently according to reports taking time out to train harder fitness regiment to be more ready for us.

But this is defenitely a player that can start on the wrong foot with us if he isnt 100% committed and ready to give his all. Comes with some negative baggage. I'm gonna give him a clean slate and judge him only on what he does with us, but you cant tell me there arent worrying factors here?

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
@CrimsonianKing doesnt he deserve the scrutinity if he is being this wildly unprofessional? What is there to defend? Many players have been treated like they are unwanted by a club, almost no ever refused to play/train, not even absolute morons like Balotelli. There is no defending this, I dont get it.

Mandzukic would never do this because he was a professional, even tho he was cast aside for 6-7 months without playing, Arthur within few weeks of being told he is to leave/be sold, is refusing to train and play, this is way worse. What I dont get is how you are ok with it.

Because clubs are assholes, but players have even more power, not the power to refuse to play, thats just unprofessionalism to the core, but if a player wants to leave, they will truly leave. What Neymar did in Barca, what Pogba did with us, what Beckham did in Man U, Figo in Barca etc. Be disgruntled, and you are allowed to leave no matter the big name you are. You know what neither of them did? Refuse to suit up and be available (tho Neymar was close to doing that bs).

I mean Arthur has just couple weeks of the season left before he officially leaves them, so his remaining obligation is fairly small, then his out. So he is being this unprofessional out of spite and being petty. He is not the first football player to have his feelings hurt, but he is the only one I can remember right now refusing his contractual obligation. If Pjanic did this right now with us, refuse to play when we need the depth, he would be villified, dont tell me you would be defending that.

About other Juve fans overdoing things about him. Ok if it didnt have any basis. But how is it out of thin air here, ofcourse he is going to have some prejudice against him, we are judging him on his signs of lack of professionalism (we threw out a way better player in Vidal for unprofessionalism, we defenitely gonna be less forgiving then Barcelona in these things). Because at first sign of struggle, he might do this for us? And recalling his discplinary or fitness issues with Barcelona is a valid concern to address. Even if overanalyzing it can be bit overdone, knee-jerkism and hypocritical. But I personally seen barcelona games where he is been subbed out 60th minute almost every time. Hopefully his fitness levels will be better with us. And he is currently according to reports taking time out to train harder fitness regiment to be more ready for us.

But this is defenitely a player that can start on the wrong foot with us if he isnt 100% committed and ready to give his all. Comes with some negative baggage. I'm gonna give him a clean slate and judge him only on what he does with us, but you cant tell me there arent worrying factors here?
I'm not ok with it. As I stated I'm against the way players have total control over their clubs. To me every player should see their contracts through, that should be the norm but it isn't. And please don't use Pogba as an example, the mofo was doing TV commercials for United WHILE he was still a Juve player, that TO ME is worse. It's disrespect plus 100. It's literally taking a shit on the club that made him who he was then and did nothing wrong towards him.

We don't know all ins and outs on this, that second report says he requested an early termination. Maybe he did, maybe he just refused to go back. Maybe Manduzkic is in fact a more professional player with a better attitude (As I believe he is) but also maybe he was a 33 yo player at the end of his career and didn't give a shit as long as he is still getting paid. He's got nothing to prove anymore. Arthur on the other hand is at that age where he'll reach his peak soon (If he ever does) and has been put aside and pushed out publicly. But again we're both just assuming things we don't know the real extent of this story. If we're gonna go by what's right or wrong you're gonna be right every time because he should see his contract through but we're discussing the circumstances on all this and it's not all clear.

I know you'll give him a clean slate because you're a fair guy and that's the way it should be but that hasn't been the attitude towards the guy around here. If he really is a cunt like Neymar then I'll be the first to bash the fuck out of him. BUT I'll only do that after he's wearing a Juventus shirt and doesn't live up to the expectations as a person and player. The worrying factors are there of course, as it is with every signing every club makes. Hopefully whatever is going on between him and Barcelona won't translate to Juventus.

And really the whole STD thing is just fan gossip. In fact there's nothing official about any of the party shit that's out there at barcelona fans forums... Besides the one Neymar party where he was man enough to publicly apologize for going. Hopefully it's a one time thing.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Barca asking him to go back while they told him they dont need his services any more is as bad as his him not wanting to go back while he is still in contract with them. Why would he go back, it would be awkward for all parties involved. Barca is a circus club atm. I hope this motivates him to give his 100% with Juve and prove them wrong.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If he was pushed out in such an awkward way even though he publicly and explicitly said he wanted to say then it's a fucked up move by the club. It's disrespect, plain and simple. You're not wrong when you say that still being part of the club means he should abide by their rules and be available to play but that's in a perfect world. In the real world players have way too much power over clubs and they do whatever the fuck they want. They have the money and they can afford whatever a penalty might cost. I can't argue with that, I wish it wasn't like that but it is. In fact I don't know how players got to be in such a position. If that's your argument I'm with you there.

If Arthur did this in Juve after being treated like Mandzukic was I'd back him up 100%. Mutual respect is the key here. I do disagree with you that it's ok for a club to be total assholes and not be treated as such. It should work both ways as we're seeing it actually does.

Now you know what's gonna happen? All this noise will go away in a few weeks time, they will reach an amicable solution. Barça will move on, Arthur will move on. But you know who won't move on? Tuz.

So even before playing a single minute for Juventus there's already gonna be prejudice. Unless he puts on an out of this world performance here whatever good he does will be undermined and overly judged. And you've been in the forum long enough to know this is true.
You are wrong then. You are letting your emotions cloud your reason.

This is simple:
-The club wants me out even when i dont want to go and force a sale? fine ill go out to wherever i please as long as all legal issues are solved.
-If im legally tied to a club to X day, im in the obligation to fulfill that pact, the same with the club, unless we find a mutual agreement to finish the relationship.
-By no means i can arbitrarily decide when to end that pact outside a legal agreement just because im pissed with the club wanting me out.

Theres no 2 ways about it. Dont justify his misbehaviour.

- - - Updated - - -

Barca asking him to go back while they told him they dont need his services any more is as bad as his him not wanting to go back while he is still in contract with them. Why would he go back, it would be awkward for all parties involved. Barca is a circus club atm. I hope this motivates him to give his 100% with Juve and prove them wrong.
They are a bunch of idiots and mistreaded him no doubt, but legally they still pay him and as long as that is done, they are playing fairplay. The fact that they are forcing him out means nothing as long as they do it legally and fulfill all the agrreements taht were pacted with him.

On the other hand, him saying "i will not return because i dont want to", that is problematic.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

i understand your aproach . he is unprofesional ,but at least he is frank about it. I would prefer if he comes forward instead of sulking and when they start him he gives an half arsed performance.
Agree that he should not complain and give his all for the duration of the contract , but after setien's comments about him and the way they tossed him i can at least understand from where this is coming.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think both club will get investigation from UEFA for FFP cheating if the situation continue like this.

Because the motive of both club is clear, if they dont want to cheat in FFP, both clubs can wait until the next season transfer windows open to broker this deal and announce

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I think both club will get investigation from UEFA for FFP cheating if the situation continue like this.

Because the motive of both club is clear, if they dont want to cheat in FFP, both clubs can wait until the next season transfer windows open to broker this deal and announce
After City got away with their own bullshit, fuck both UEFA and FFP.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I dont think the comparison with Iaquinta, Amauri and the likes is valid, those were guys with 0 or close to 0 value who got pushed out of the club because not needed anymore.

Arthur is an asset thats being pushed out only because they needed to balance the books. If you want to make a comparison, do it with Dybala situation last summer, thats way closer.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Uefa can't decide or dictate the value of players.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I dont think the comparison with Iaquinta, Amauri and the likes is valid, those were guys with 0 or close to 0 value who got pushed out of the club because not needed anymore.

Arthur is an asset thats being pushed out only because they needed to balance the books. If you want to make a comparison, do it with Dybala situation last summer, thats way closer.
It has to be mentioned that Juve wanted only Arthur. There were reports about Barca offering other players, Juve wanted Arthur or no deal.

That makes sense if you consider the club's needs and also Sarri's preferences when it comes to midfielders. Arthur looks like a perfect fit.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Honestly, this place is baffling. When the swap deal (plus €12m) was made people around the world were laughing because it was two good players but one is 23 and the other 30. Pjanic was also in a slump, something becoming all too common with him. Juve looked the clear winner, at face value. At worst it was an even swap, very worst.

Fast forward a few weeks, Barfa have dumped Arthur, he has dumped them, now he is hot garbage...

This move will get shit on the more the transfer window passes and those people realise that we are not signing another €70m midfielder.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
Well to be honest, Bartomeu is contradicting himself in this interview. First, he is saying how Arthur failed to make himself indispensable at Barca, now that Arthur made himself dispensable he is crying how he is not respecting the contract.

Not to be mistaken, I too would expect from Arthur to see out his Barca days in a professional manner, however, I can understand his position, as the attitude from Barca's board must have been awful. And will tons of money on the bank account, he isn't going to cry over 2-3 lost paychecks.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think he doing that to avoid awkward situation, as Barca stated they dont really need him, he request for early termination
For him Barca is like spouse that after divorce still wanting to sleep in same bed

Because from what I seen in Arthur gesture, after the divorce he sleep in another room but still in one house (til the end of La Liga)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think he doing that to avoid awkward situation, as Barca stated they dont really need him, he request for early termination
For him Barca is like spouse that after divorce still wanting to sleep in same bed

Because from what I seen in Arthur gesture, after the divorce he sleep in another room but still in one house (til the end of La Liga)
Barca is like the wife separated that still expects you to buy her groceries but sleep in the other room.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
1596650274080.png

looking for his stats, he has high % in passing accuracy 90%+
high avg passing (ball play through him) and have high long ball/ game
His first touch are pretty good too, rarely bad control from him

Hopefully he can give big impact that we need in midfield

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
1596650274080.png

looking for his stats, he has high % in passing accuracy 90%+
high avg passing (ball play through him) and have high long ball/ game
His first touch are pretty good too, rarely bad control from him

Hopefully he can give big impact that we need in midfield
Now compare him to Sami and Matuidi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)