Arthur (25 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Decent game but his passing is incredibly frustrating.

Far too limited with the ball, I can't work out whether he just doesn't see passes or doesn't have the confidence/ability to make them.
Doesnt see them, like most of our midfield players,have no vision whatsoever. Just pay attention, every single game, one of our attacking players will make a run, he wont get a pass fron our midfield and our midfielder will just lift his arm up to say sorry. Every time, tonight was such a night also. Our midfield just doesnt have the vision and skill to make long passes behind the oposition defence.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Doesnt see them, like most of our midfield players,have no vision whatsoever. Just pay attention, every single game, one of our attacking players will make a run, he wont get a pass fron our midfield and our midfielder will just lift his arm up to say sorry. Every time, tonight was such a night also. Our midfield just doesnt have the vision and skill to make long passes behind the oposition defence.
Was just saying the same in the Morata thread. He made so many off the ball runs in the first half and wasn't picked out. Ronaldo and Ramsey often do too.

When Arthur did pick him out he took too long to play the pass and Morata was offside for his disallowed goal.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Still I feel 10 times more safe with him instead of Bentancur. He had a good game imo.
Depends what you are looking for.

To receive the ball and relieve pressure from a press, I trust him 100%.

But to be a CM in Juve you should be showing more and need to be able to either pass or score. A sign of how far we have fallen if Arthur is what we accept.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
He kinda bothers me. You see his body language as he’s about to receive the ball and he’s already made up his mind to pass sideways. Kinda like a horse wearing Blinkers but in his case he can’t see ahead. No vision or intent to move forward.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He doesn't read the game at all. You already discussed his limits in the offensive phase, but he's also a terrible defender. His positioning when we defend is disastrous. He can't predict where a pass will go, he's late to cover etc. Pirlo and Pjanic were slower players, but class defenders compared to this guy. That's because they read the game much better. They were much smarter folks than this guy. He has a unique quality to protect the ball, but that's about it.

Oh and that moment when he was sent out of the stadium by Corona for Porto's great chance (header) in extra time :lol:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And he's unsellable because we wanted a big plusvalenza on Pjanic and we inflated both his and Pjanic's price. Now he's someone we bought for 80m euro on a 5 year contract. If we don't sell him for ~65M euro this summer, it's gonna be a huge minusvalenza and our directors won't let that happen.
He's staying next year. So is McKennie. Bentancur will almost certainly stay too because his price is too low right now to sell him and share the profits with Boca.
Ramsey will be hard to sell due to his wages. That leaves what, Rabiot?
I'm afraid that the only change we will see this summer is a new midfielder for Rabiot or Ramsey. Unless we hit the new Zidane or Pirlo, we will see a lot of the same in midfield next year :sad:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He was great tonight though and wa helping us control the game. We went to shit again after he left the field.

Would be a great player of he was able to make more forward passes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)