Arthur (40 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
alright game, but still very shaky and his back passes are always a disaster waiting to happen. at least he's not breathing through his ass after 50 minutes. he had much better games already (samp in coppa, verona), still nice to see that he's getting some continuity.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Slowly turning into a good player which we all know he can be. The important thing is that he can stay fit and play consistently to be able to stay in form.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Is he taking drugs? How come he can run? So he was jogging all the time on purpose until now?

Keep this path Melo... he looks less lolzilian every day

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He still sucks. He holds the ball too much for a regista. Just running around in circles with the ball isn’t gonna accomplish anything. He does seem to be in better shape than last year though, but still...I hope someone tries to buy him this summer.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Does anyone have any stats on how many duels he won defensively? I recall a couple of crucial interceptions in our own box...
1 tackle
0 interceptions
6/10 duels won (that's not bad actually, if he could keep this above 60%, that would be great, regardless of his built and overall physical abilities. de ligt is pretty good at duels and he averages 61%)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
1 tackle
0 interceptions
6/10 duels won (that's not bad actually, if he could keep this above 60%, that would be great, regardless of his built and overall physical abilities. de ligt is pretty good at duels and he averages 61%)
He made an absolutely appalling pass near the Viola box when we were pressing, straight to Viola and set off a counter they easily could have scored on.

But I heard we just need to play him high up the pitch cause he’s a great assist man. ;)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Thought he covered the defence well, tactically much better too. The passes he either doesn't spot or decides not to play are really frustrating though, he has good options at times. Also seems to panic when he gets near the box, often choosing the wrong option losing the ball.
He was quite good on our own side of the pitch. Far from perfect, but at least he seemed very aware of what was going on & usually found himself exactly where he needed to be.
He was atrocious in the final third though. It's truly incredible how often he just refuses to make the right (& easy) pass.

He made an absolutely appalling pass near the Viola box when we were pressing, straight to Viola and set off a counter they easily could have scored on.

But I heard we just need to play him high up the pitch cause he’s a great assist man. ;)
It's such a shame he's much more likely to assist the other team rather than one of our own players.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

he'd be probably better higher up the pitch, that's probably true, especially if we had someone behind him to do the damage control if arthur misplaces a pass every now and then. then again, the same applies for locatelli, who'd be better playing closer to the opposition goal, and who's probably our most confident passer if we play from the back (despite having slightly worse accuracy stats than arthur), and the last time i checked we had nobody besides them to play in front of the defense. there's gonna be a tradeoff here no matter what.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
he'd be probably better higher up the pitch, that's probably true, especially if we had someone behind him to do the damage control if arthur misplaces a pass every now and then. then again, the same applies for locatelli, who'd be better playing closer to the opposition goal, and who's probably our most confident passer if we play from the back (despite having slightly worse accuracy stats than arthur), and the last time i checked we had nobody besides them to play in front of the defense. there's gonna be a tradeoff here no matter what.
He might be, though his forward passing has always been appalling in the opponent’s half from everything I’ve seen. I suppose it’s less dangerous when he loses the ball there.
He also offers zero goal threat. Locatelli on the other hand seems to have an eye for occasional goals and assists and is a decent chance creator up the pitch.

Hopefully Rovella is a good starting XI caliber DM for us next year, and either one of Mckennie or Zakaria turns into something good or we sell the former to fund a move for SMS or someone similar.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
People need to stop exaggerating the whole 'he doesn't pass forward'. As if Allegri ball is all about offensive flow. Maybe you're too used to seeing the GOAT Pirlo doing his thing, but he's not normal.

Here is a bunch of good passes just from the last game:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)