Arthur (3 Viewers)

Jun 27, 2011
Someone on twitter :

Arthur can’t defend, can’t win headers, can’t shoot and can’t assist He’s been at Juve for almost 2 years, does anyone remember a good highlight of him? I remember a million Pjanic moments whether it’s free kicks or assists, but I do t remember a good Arthur highlight

Agree 100%
Not every player needs a highlight. He reminds me a little bit of Verratti. Arthur has exceptional control of the ball. Allegri can fix his naivety. Hopefully

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We need to ditch him. I'm dead serious guys. Too average for us.

It's 37th minute against Sassuolo, and he gets a simple pass from Cuad, then Cuad makes a perfect run that would have resulted in a goal 99% percent of the time (when you have a beast like Vlahovic in the box). But this guy just makes a safe pass back.

Fuck it. Almost 2 years here and he still doesn't offer much. Actually he doesn't offer anything.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Arthur out, Rovella in. The first is too expensive to be Loca's backup, that closes the topic I guess.

What will be his book value come the Summer?
Arthur was signed for 72m on a 5 year contract in summer 2020. I imagine his book value by summer 2022 will be 3/5 or 60% of 72m which is 43.2m. His true value probably is around 30-35m though, hard to imagine us getting anything more from him.

I like the idea of using Loca as mezzala though, I'd definitely try to get rid of Rabiot first, imo Zak-Arthur-Loca is a lot better than Zak-Loca-Rabiot.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
with arthur let's not forget that it's not only his book value that makes him hard to move, but his salary too. within the italian tax rules, it's tolerable, he's earning 5m net which translates to ~6.5m gross with the tax advantage, but in any other country his gross wages would be close to 9-10m per season. not a lot of clubs can afford 20m or so for a player with such a low and unpredictable output. moving him permanently would make bene&bini insta black belt mercato masters.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Play him. Its a win win for us.

He is better passser than rabiot amd makeni, and in case we want to sell, we will receive better offers if his form improves and gains more attention.

I o we need to sell him, and to be able to sell him ehe needs more exposure.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
What is his record now, for games won when starting or coming on and turning a result around?
Its probably the highest in the team.

We have been playing better with him on the field, contrary to playing with Rabies as a winger. But some users in here would rather see themselves having guessed correctly, than giving him credit and seeing our players and club succeed.

Arthurd is definitely not our best player, but he is certainly not one of our worst players either. Fix these issues first:
- CB
- LB
- RB (Cuad getting old and can be used as RW)
- LW
- CM/Rabiot

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
What is his record now, for games won when starting or coming on and turning a result around?
Its probably the highest in the team.

We have been playing better with him on the field, contrary to playing with Rabies as a winger. But some users in here would rather see themselves having guessed correctly, than giving him credit and seeing our players and club succeed.

Arthurd is definitely not our best player, but he is certainly not one of our worst players either. Fix these issues first:
- CB
- LB
- RB (Cuad getting old and can be used as RW)
- LW
- CM/Rabiot
I see the point but the worst player is not always in the position/role that needs to be fixed first.

Allegri obviously doesn't fully trust Arthur and it's more of a key position than the others you mentioned in terms of making the team click imho. So it would definitely be my priority.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I think the biggest issue with all of our CM players is continuity. Allegri tries different setups each time and those really cant get into them team. For me the biggest factor for a midfield to work properly is understanding between the players - that they know when the other one will move, how he will pass or when I have to cover the defence. Most succesful midfields were the one which are playing with themselves for ages. I know we have shitty players etc. but was Arthur ever given a chance to really play for like more than 8 games in a row? no and it can be said about any of our mids bar Loca as I said. Its not only the players but also continuity which gives them confidence and knowledge of how they partners play.
Look at this:
Rabiot 1250/2250 mins 16 starts
McKennie 1318/2250 15 starts
Arthurd 435/2250 5 starts
Locatelli 1668/2250 17 starts
Bentancur 1154/2250 13 starts

We really dont have a starting midfield setup clear yet. Loca would probably who stands out if he was signed earlier, but other than that Max just cant decide.

Now look at Inter:

Brozo 2010/2160 24 starts
Barella 1794/2160 22 starts
Calhanoglu 1473/2160 20 starts
Vidal 425/2160 1 start
Vecino 288/2160 1 start
Gagliardini 422/2160 4 starts
its pretty obvious that Brozo, Barella and Calhanoglu played at least 1300 mins together just in the league, while our highest minutes trio is probably less than 600 mins together.

There is a clear hierarchy there for starters and imo thanks to this the players are used to their partners and play much better.
For Juve :
Rabiot starts 3 games, then he is benched for the next 3, then start 3 games again and is benched again.
McKennie the same, get some playing time and then is out of the squad, then again gains momentum just to play 7 minutes against Hellas.
Arthur plays quite good against Cagliari and Bologna and gets out of the squad for Napoli.

I just cant understand how we can make this guys click (having all their limitations in mind) when most of the time its completely different setup playing.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We don't have a set midfield becuase all these guys are inconsistent except for Locatelli.

Arthur has fitness issues, Rabiot plays 4 good matches and the 4 invisible ones, Bentancur is more consistent but also more mediocre, McKennie isn't even a real midfielder.

Locatelli-Zakaria can give us hope that two of the three positions are occupied.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I think the biggest issue with all of our CM players is continuity. Allegri tries different setups each time and those really cant get into them team. For me the biggest factor for a midfield to work properly is understanding between the players - that they know when the other one will move, how he will pass or when I have to cover the defence. Most succesful midfields were the one which are playing with themselves for ages. I know we have shitty players etc. but was Arthur ever given a chance to really play for like more than 8 games in a row? no and it can be said about any of our mids bar Loca as I said. Its not only the players but also continuity which gives them confidence and knowledge of how they partners play.
Look at this:
Rabiot 1250/2250 mins 16 starts
McKennie 1318/2250 15 starts
Arthurd 435/2250 5 starts
Locatelli 1668/2250 17 starts
Bentancur 1154/2250 13 starts

We really dont have a starting midfield setup clear yet. Loca would probably who stands out if he was signed earlier, but other than that Max just cant decide.

Now look at Inter:

Brozo 2010/2160 24 starts
Barella 1794/2160 22 starts
Calhanoglu 1473/2160 20 starts
Vidal 425/2160 1 start
Vecino 288/2160 1 start
Gagliardini 422/2160 4 starts
its pretty obvious that Brozo, Barella and Calhanoglu played at least 1300 mins together just in the league, while our highest minutes trio is probably less than 600 mins together.

There is a clear hierarchy there for starters and imo thanks to this the players are used to their partners and play much better.
For Juve :
Rabiot starts 3 games, then he is benched for the next 3, then start 3 games again and is benched again.
McKennie the same, get some playing time and then is out of the squad, then again gains momentum just to play 7 minutes against Hellas.
Arthur plays quite good against Cagliari and Bologna and gets out of the squad for Napoli.

I just cant understand how we can make this guys click (having all their limitations in mind) when most of the time its completely different setup playing.
have you taken the injury issues into account Mckennie missed 3 games due to knee injury and arthur two months.I think Allegri preferred midfield is Mckennie-Locatelli-Zakaria but as mckennie is still not comfortable on left side Rabiot starts a lot of games.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We don't have a set midfield becuase all these guys are inconsistent except for Locatelli.

Arthur has fitness issues, Rabiot plays 4 good matches and the 4 invisible ones, Bentancur is more consistent but also more mediocre, McKennie isn't even a real midfielder.

Locatelli-Zakaria can give us hope that two of the three positions are occupied.
:snoop: :eek: :b81: You're being extremely generous. He plays 4 good matches every two years.

Apr 10, 2014
have you taken the injury issues into account Mckennie missed 3 games due to knee injury and arthur two months.I think Allegri preferred midfield is Mckennie-Locatelli-Zakaria but as mckennie is still not comfortable on left side Rabiot starts a lot of games.
Lol no it's because Rabiot is way better player than McKennie and Allegri knows it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)