Arthur (68 Viewers)

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Some good, some bad.

Could do without the dribbles around our box and losing the ball, the misplaced passes and the passes to guys who are already heavily marked. But definitely worked far harder than he had and did a couple of really good defensive covers.
Im excited to see him in a set up with locatelli and Zakaria. If he he keeps improving there could still be a role for him here.

He would just have to sit in front of the defence and control the tempo. Still needs to cut mistakes tho, but he is looking much better

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Nice job out there but I guess not much at winning the ball back. Appeared to me the team went through the middle more and Arthur might be the guy able help create scoring chances that way.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Better midfielder than the other 4 clowns we had before. His problem was fitness and fit with Allegri's tactics. In a mid 3 he is very good, his quality vs pressing gives the team so much breathing room.

Hope to see more of him.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Some good, some bad.

Could do without the dribbles around our box and losing the ball, the misplaced passes and the passes to guys who are already heavily marked. But definitely worked far harder than he had and did a couple of really good defensive covers.
He does this way too often. Uselessly dancing around with the ball until he either loses it in a dangerous area or passes to a teammate who's already in a vulnerable position, leading to a turnover.

His so called press-resistant ability is overstated and overrated. He needs to do a lot more than dancing around in our own half and backpassing/sideways passing between teammates.

Just because he put in a good shift today, that does not convince me that he can be an answer to our midfield problems. He's another classic example of the one dimensional midfielders we've signed over the years.

Hopefully this season is the last we see of him and Rabiot.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Against top opponents, it’s helpful to have a third man in midfield so we don’t get overrun. This is very true against CL opponents.

Zakaria and Locatelli start, and I think Arthur is the best choice for the third spot. His composure on the ball sets him apart from Rabiot and McNuggets.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Someone on twitter :

Arthur can’t defend, can’t win headers, can’t shoot and can’t assist He’s been at Juve for almost 2 years, does anyone remember a good highlight of him? I remember a million Pjanic moments whether it’s free kicks or assists, but I do t remember a good Arthur highlight

Agree 100%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)