Antonio Conte (37 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I really don't understand this extrapolation that Agnelli = Juventus, as far as I know Conte had a row and showed middle finger to Agnelli (and/or the directors), apparently for disrespectful comments. However plenty of people equate that to showing middle finger to Juventus which makes no sense to me.
Agnelli's have owned the club since 1923, so it's pretty accurate to equate the two.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yes, I said that I was grateful that he took us from a point where we couldn't beat Fulham to a point where we couldn't beat Benfica.
and we still got relegated from a cl group by galatasaray. for me, that was the lowest point, not fulham, with an unlucky and unjust red card at the beginning of the second leg

conte is a very good coach in the league, but in cup competitions, he's so, so frustrating.

also zaccheroni had a lot weaker team too. not looking for excuses for him at all, i'm just saying that conte's cup record is nothing to be very proud of. matches against chelsea good memories, otherwise a lot of disappointment: bayern, galata, benfica, cup final vs napoli

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@s4tch

I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that Conte should get some respect. If he were that shit a manager nobody would care but the fact that so many do and have animosity against him suggests that he is a threat to us and the fact remains that he is a league winner. He knows how to do it in Serie A and EPL. Yes he's weak in Europe but he's a threat to us and currently above us.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@s4tch

I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that Conte should get some respect. If he were that shit a manager nobody would care but the fact that so many do and have animosity against him suggests that he is a threat to us and the fact remains that he is a league winner. He knows how to do it in Serie A and EPL. Yes he's weak in Europe but he's a threat to us and currently above us.
he's not a bad manager, nobody said it. it's just zaccheroni and one of the weakest juve squads isn't exactly a high stardard to match.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Inter just brings the best out of people :lol:
True story :D

That said, I think what hurts Conte even more is that Elkann/Agnelli rejected his comeback to the club in the summer when Paratici and Pavel suggested his name.

And that phrase that he said after the match was over "Respect those who work" what the hell is that supposed to mean?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
And that phrase that he said after the match was over "Respect those who work" what the hell is that supposed to mean?
it is also contradictory to his own actions and the way he's shouting at refs all the time

fun fact: the last 3 times figc had to open an investigation for the behavior of staff members, inda was always involved (vs udine, milan and juve). i hope the fact that suning can't spend is already taking a toll on their nerves

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Agnelli's have owned the club since 1923, so it's pretty accurate to equate the two.
So when Agnelli advised Conte to put his finger where the sun doesn't shine, Conte should take it as an insult from Juventus and not from Agnelli? For me a person is a person and a club is something else, which can also be seen in our decision to not remove Conte's star. I figure if Conte was spitting on the logo or insulting the club in another way, the star would be in deep shit, similar to Zlatans statue.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
haha I didn't know he actually said that to Conte. That's a fair response. Gotta love Agnelli.
i don't think l'avvocato would have said anything similar to any rival though. i like agnelli and i loved in the heat of the match how he put conte into his place, but now i think agnelli should have not lowered himself to conte's level and get involved in a verbal fight with anyone. it's juventus ffs, we shouldn't be like provincial clubs like genoa and udinese whose representatives got into a brawl during yesterday's lega meeting.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
i don't think l'avvocato would have said anything similar to any rival though. i like agnelli and i loved in the heat of the match how he put conte into his place, but now i think agnelli should have not lowered himself to conte's level and get involved in a verbal fight with anyone. it's juventus ffs, we shouldn't be like provincial clubs like genoa and udinese whose representatives got into a brawl during yesterday's lega meeting.
Because nobody gives a middle finger to Gianni Agnelli.

It's not like Andrea does it frequently and with everybody like an ADL or Lotito.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I took that as there's anger from Agnelli that a club legend and Juventino could work at Inter and this was Contes way if saying he just sees it as a job.

"Respect those who work".

Nedved made comments about Marotta going there too and said he wasn't a Juventino

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
and we still got relegated from a cl group by galatasaray. for me, that was the lowest point, not fulham, with an unlucky and unjust red card at the beginning of the second leg
I second this. Going out to Galatasaray in that weather the way we did was the low point.

conte is a very good coach in the league, but in cup competitions, he's so, so frustrating.
Great motivator, but not so great with a gameplan, imo.

And Zaccheroni was brought in to put out a dumpster fire.

Apr 19, 2007
He was the perfect coach for internal consumption and laid the foundations of our Renaissence, so I can't be too mad at him.Anyone can lose their cool and make some stupid mistakes from time to time.
Meh, middle finger to our bench. Who cares!
As far as I know, he has never said anything denigrating of Juve. Maybe I am wrong, and maybe some of you know better.
I was never particularly fond of his brand of football as it was too Capeloesque by nature, but I can't deny that he made the most of the resources at his diposal at that time.At least, in Serie A.
Yes, he left us as a prick, but it turned out well, and frankly he probably knew he could not offer anything else to us.He never could have reached a CL final.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
A few things that rubbed me wrong:
1. He left in a way that was being a baby. Not planned and could have really hurt us.
2. He bashed the management as if he couldnt get good players and compared us to a 10 euro bill making Juve out to be completely dependent on him on success.
3. He has a horrible personality and it shines though.
4. He went to Inter
5. Acting out against Juve during games.

He can do whatever he wants and act however he likes but in the long run I think it will hurt him. As far as Juve goes that bridge is on fire and I dont see it being repaired. Not really the type of personality I want representing Juve

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So when Agnelli advised Conte to put his finger where the sun doesn't shine, Conte should take it as an insult from Juventus and not from Agnelli? For me a person is a person and a club is something else, which can also be seen in our decision to not remove Conte's star. I figure if Conte was spitting on the logo or insulting the club in another way, the star would be in deep shit, similar to Zlatans statue.
Agnelli decided not to remove the star. And yes what he said to Conte, he spoke on behalf of Juventus fc and I believe vast majority of fans.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Agnelli is part of Juve, and showing him (and/or the directors) the middle finger may be partially disrespectful to the club but isn't as bad as disrespecting the badge or fans as a whole.

As for "respect those who work," you make yourself available when you moan like that about one of your players kicking the ground, calling it a pk. Getting that triggered by the teasing to where he thought a middle finger was warranted is all on him. Agnelli's reply was perfect.

Just another Conte mental midget episode.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Agnelli is part of Juve, and showing him (and/or the directors) the middle finger may be partially disrespectful to the club but isn't as bad as disrespecting the badge or fans as a whole.

As for "respect those who work," you make yourself available when you moan like that about one of your players kicking the ground, calling it a pk. Getting that triggered by the teasing to where he thought a middle finger was warranted is all on him. Agnelli's reply was perfect.

Just another Conte mental midget episode.
Screenshot_20210212-183100.png

do you often have these seizures? let us know when you need medical help. looks like a pretty serious condition that needs taking care of lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)