Antonio Conte (99 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 13, 2015
I don't think he suits our current style of players because he prefers everyone to get involved in defense. How would he convince Ronaldo to cover more space and track back?

The only positive thing I see is that Dybala would play closer to the goal in a 3 - 5 - 2 style. If you remember we played very badly against stronger sides that used to press us high on the pitch. Thus I'm not sure how Conte would be a tactical upgrade.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'd keep Allegri. But if he decides to leave, I'd love to see Conte back home.

Not sure if he's going to stick with his beloved 3-5-2 but I like this:

Szczesny

de Ligt - Bonucci - Chiellini

Cancelo - Bentancur - Pjanic - Ramsey - Marcelo

Dybala - Ronaldo

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don't think he suits our current style of players because he prefers everyone to get involved in defense. How would he convince Ronaldo to cover more space and track back?

The only positive thing I see is that Dybala would play closer to the goal in a 3 - 5 - 2 style. If you remember we played very badly against stronger sides that used to press us high on the pitch. Thus I'm not sure how Conte would be a tactical upgrade.
Teams pressed us because we played 3 CBs and Licht-Asa (Padoin/Giacch/Peluso alternatives) on the wings. I doubt Conte would have the same problems with AS-Cancelo

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Pirlo as vice :tuttosport:

Conte is a winner
If Allegri goes there isn't better out there

I did really want Zidane if Allegri went though
Chelsea is a terrible gauge of success, strange club

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Conte raises the level of your average or even above average footballer. i don't know if he helps truly great players as they require a lot more freedom and trust that Conte is reluctant to provide.

Most, if not all, of his attacking movements are choreographed. Usually 2 strikers playing off each other very predictably. I don't see how that can work with Ronaldo.

Even a psycho like Pep will give freedom in the final 3rd. He's just as rigid as Conte before that area but you have to realize that freedom is very important for attackers as the ability to improvise is something that keeps them one step ahead of the defender. If the defender knows what the plan is every step of the way, he can anticipate.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Conte raises the level of your average or even above average footballer. i don't know if he helps truly great players as they require a lot more freedom and trust that Conte is reluctant to provide.

Most, if not all, of his attacking movements are choreographed. Usually 2 strikers playing off each other very predictably. I don't see how that can work with Ronaldo.

Even a psycho like Pep will give freedom in the final 3rd. He's just as rigid as Conte before that area but you have to realize that freedom is very important for attackers as the ability to improvise is something that keeps them one step ahead of the defender. If the defender knows what the plan is every step of the way, he can anticipate.
I'm sure there would be no problem with Ronaldo, he's pretty adaptable. I'm more curious about Dybala with Conte

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Teams pressed us because we played 3 CBs and Licht-Asa (Padoin/Giacch/Peluso alternatives) on the wings. I doubt Conte would have the same problems with AS-Cancelo
Indeed. That team had 0 dribbling. Our best dribblers were Marchisio and Vucinic with some distance. Now with Cancelo, Alex, Cuadrado, Costa, Spinazzola, Dybala, Ronaldo we are on a different planet in terms of beating markers and escaping pressure. The only problem is that our scrub mezzalas don't move the ball around fast enough. That's precisely what gets fixed with Conte's robotic system and "triangles" in the midfield, always having a fast route to move the ball to even for the Sturaro's and Parolo's of football.

The only one that does this as well as Conte is the fellow psycho Pep.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
If he comes, he would be taking over a totally different side. The level that he motivates his players to play at is second to none, and he has shown that he can be flexible as a coach. Get him his midfield players, and we will be a force to be reckoned with.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo as vice :tuttosport:

Conte is a winner
If Allegri goes there isn't better out there

I did really want Zidane if Allegri went though
Chelsea is a terrible gauge of success, strange club
And he still won while there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)