Antonio Conte (52 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
David Lulz is the only real chump from that list. Willian is class and Cahill strong for years, but Alonso and Moses are classic Conte players - try hard team players. He made them look better. Some players just need different motivation, Conte's problem is what to so after that initial wave passes.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Willian
Matic
Alonso
Moses
David Luiz
Cahill

I can’t believe he dominated the Premier League with so many donkeys starting.

Should have never been sacked for Sarri.
It is a bad squad but he went Mourinho style in his second season, publicly blasting the club and saying the players arent good enough at the very start. He gives that initial wave of super motivation and he takes it back again once he falls out with management. He did that in the 3rd season here too.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If we go back to Conte now I'm fucking done. Cycling defence first managers like some sort of groundhog Day when trying to win the CL when it's been proven time and time again you don't win the CL unless you impose the game on your opponent. That's why we look like cannon fodder in finals and even Atleti who are masters of defending look just like us on finals.

If we keep up with this fucking coach recycling shit you just know we're not seeing a CL in our lifetimes.

Who after Conte crashes out in the last 16 twice? Mancini? Ooh maybe Inzaghi.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If we go back to Conte now I'm fucking done. Cycling defence first managers like some sort of groundhog Day when trying to win the CL when it's been proven time and time again you don't win the CL unless you impose the game on your opponent. That's why we look like cannon fodder in finals and even Atleti who are masters of defending look just like us on finals.

If we keep up with this fucking coach recycling shit you just know we're not seeing a CL in our lifetimes.

Who after Conte crashes out in the last 16 twice? Mancini? Ooh maybe Inzaghi.
Agreed, Conte is the worst coach if you want to win CL

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
To be fair to Anotonio he never had an offensively loaded squad on his hands and has always requested one and fell out with management over the attacking options not being good enough.

I dont see anything wrong with how his Chelsea performed in the CL and his Juve 2nd season wasnt bad either. His last season is where I fault him and the whole prioritizing a serie A record over the CL tie. At that point the whole fifty Euros crap was ongoing too.

If you give him a truly offensive squad can he play an offensive game? I dont think so and I wouldnt want to take the risk on him being able to do it. I'd very much rather we go for someone truly tested at it. Zizou is by far the obvious choice imo.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Conte has only participated in three Champions League seasons. Only 2013/14 was a failure. In 2012/13 and 2017/18 he was knocked out by a better team, no shame in that.

With that said, I don’t want him back either. We need someone new.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Conte has only participated in three Champions League seasons. Only 2013/14 was a failure. In 2012/13 and 2017/18 he was knocked out by a better team, no shame in that.

You mean the blind game where you kick the ball forward and hope for the best - the game where Galatasaray beat us 1-0 (It sounds like a kind of a WWE match)
Maybe we shouldnt have been in that position in first place..
I actually rate Conte and think he is a brilliant coach! I rate him so much more than Allegri but I think we all rather see Zidane instead..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yup. No more italians for now. Not until the italian coaching school starts teaching proactive football instead of 80s catenaccio oudated lessons.

Also this guy has those mourinho vibes i just dont like.

He had beautiful first 2 years with us, but pass.

Zidane please.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018

He even got taught a lesson by tactical mastermind Mister Jorge Jesus :agree:

500_F_153353266_qbnkjF5zvKgN0iFiNP1HdopSo5jQxXJd.jpg

4HwiWhq.jpg

_JPT5428.jpg

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
I love conte for what he did to us and not only as a coach but also as a player , great manager and a great player.
But i am not sure if he is the right choice , even though i really love him and would not even mind it a bit if he becomes our coach , not only cause of how smart he is and what he does with tactics , but he is also charismatic , he can motivate players , he can get angry , he just is a great person.

- - - Updated - - -

That is past , we now have MM17 , CR7 , PD10 , DC11,FB33.JC16.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I love conte and unlike majority, I'm not bitter in the circumstances he left. I think highly of him and would love to have him back here. However, despite what my heart wants, I'm questioning what extra can he bring. Motivation is an absolute necessity, he will probably help us to play better as well. But win us a CL? hm i dont think so, only Zidane has that nous and experience. Once Zizou wins it for us (i say naively) and his tenure is over, id love for a Conte return.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)