Antonio Conte (36 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I doubt things would be the same if he came back now. His Italy played very well considering the personnel he had, and he did well with Chelsea while being pretty flexible before they decided to throw a tantrum as is tradition.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I dont know. Im mixed on this. On one hand i dont want him to go to Milan or Inter cause he would improve them and make league contenders. However his record in europe is not great.

His more stubborn than Allegri. He is obsessed with back 3 which would make us even more defensive. Ronaldo doesnt suit his style like Costa so wait for backclash and us bringing Quags back while Ronaldo is loaned out (yes loaned cause noone will buy) to at best Psg/Utd, worse Napoli (papa Carlo) or Milan (money incoming, Ronaldo can sell more underwear in Milano the fashion capital and Milan has superior CL record. Then two months in Quagliarella suffers broken foot after Caceres runs over him when he is in a bus stop. Then we sign Matri. Or Giroud.

Zidane for me. Conte is not answer for CL.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What's your take on Conte? I don't remember if you liked him or not

Allways liked him, allways will, despite his childish, petty and flawed egomaniac destructive management style, small time thinking in europe etc.

Under most circusmtances, I would welcome him back, but not in this scenario and current obbsessive CL phase we are in. Would kinda be stagnating appointment.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Allways liked him, allways will, despite his childish, petty and flawed egomaniac destructive management style, small time thinking in europe etc.

Under most circusmtances, I would welcome him back, but not in this scenario and current obbsessive CL phase we are in. Would kinda be stagnating appointment.
Same. I love Conte, he's amazing at motivating and despite the talks of him being defensive, we used to be dominant with him usually. The only thing that's a minus is when he gives up and moan about the resources he has to deal with and hopefully he fixes that.

I hope for Zidane if Allegri goes. But I do miss the mad man's celebrations

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Forget flair when we sign Conte. Conte likes hardmen so Paratici will resign Sturaro instead of Zaniolo.

Is Ramsey even suited for Conte? We are signing these players without manager permission.
Your post makes you sound mentally insane Stephan.
I dont understand what you mean. We are obsessed with CL. Conte is failure in CL. He is obsessed with one more defensive formation (people hate Allegri defensive style). Conte will make Ronaldo a wingback who will have to help out our aging defense. Also i must say Bonucci worries me and if we bring Conte in his his mate so prepare for more fckups in big european nights. Bonucci hasnt been same since he left. We should more forward.

We should go for Zidane or Pep who isnt realistic but in terms of our ambitions and also up our playing style a bit.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Same. I love Conte, he's amazing at motivating and despite the talks of him being defensive, we used to be dominant with him usually. The only thing that's a minus is when he gives up and moan about the resources he has to deal with and hopefully he fixes that.

I hope for Zidane if Allegri goes. But I do miss the mad man's celebrations
Those celebrations was epic, and he is a fantastic coach. I just feel like he does his best work with a semi talented squad, creating structure and motivation. I am not sure what he could do with a squad full of WC players.

This squad is set up to play 3-4-3 though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Funny how many of the characteristics people incorrectly critisize allegri for are actually true of conte.

I appreciate the man but i dont see him as anything but a caretaker manager at best for our current team in case allegri resigns before end of season.

He was the best possible solution to turn a team of unremarkable yes men into serie A champions but we are not the same team and our ambitions are much greater these days. Conte just seems like such a backwards appointment

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Forget flair when we sign Conte. Conte likes hardmen so Paratici will resign Sturaro instead of Zaniolo.

Is Ramsey even suited for Conte? We are signing these players without manager permission.

I dont understand what you mean.
Here, re-read your own post again, atleast the part I meant that makes you sound ridicolous:

Ronaldo doesnt suit his style like Costa so wait for backclash and us bringing Quags back while Ronaldo is loaned out (yes loaned cause noone will buy) to at best Psg/Utd, worse Napoli (papa Carlo) or Milan (money incoming, Ronaldo can sell more underwear in Milano the fashion capital and Milan has superior CL record. Then two months in Quagliarella suffers broken foot after Caceres runs over him when he is in a bus stop. Then we sign Matri. Or Giroud.

Oct 23, 2011
God no. I'd rather give Allegri the midfield next season to compete and lose a few players he might have fallen out with than rehire this guy. Conte should never be excused for that despicable CL campaign in his final year here and no way I would want him anywhere close to the club again.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Here, re-read your own post again, atleast the part I meant that makes you sound ridicolous:
Conte will want Ronaldo to track back. Backclash. After another euro failure Ronaldo wants out. Then they fall out. Conte will put him reserves or we loan him out. The other parts are also realistic. Caceres will find a way to start cause Cancelo is too attacking. But Caceres likes the drink. Conte will convince Paratici to sign Quags instead of X (You name it. We prob need to sign another forward this summer cause Mandzu seems running out of gas and Dybala position is questionable). Conte likes old veterans. Pirlo wont be assistant. Pirlo will come out of retirement for Conte and replace Pjanic who goes to Madrid. Italy had the oldest team in last euro under Conte. We will become even older average age side.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Conte will want Ronaldo to track back. Backclash. After another euro failure Ronaldo wants out. Then they fall out. Conte will put him reserves or we loan him out. The other parts are also realistic. Caceres will find a way to start cause Cancelo is too attacking. But Caceres likes the drink. Conte will convince Paratici to sign Quags instead of X (You name it. We prob need to sign another forward this summer cause Mandzu seems running out of gas and Dybala position is questionable). Conte likes old veterans. Pirlo wont be assistant. Pirlo will come out of retirement for Conte and replace Pjanic who goes to Madrid. Italy had the oldest team in last euro under Conte. We will become even older average age side.
You aren't funny, you just sound stupid.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Some are acting like Conte is a caricature of himself, not the real person. We had a bunch of scrubs and with him won undefeated, his serie A record still isn't broken with the hugely improved team we have. He beat Pep, Klopp and Mou in England. Took the worst Italy ever and made them contenders in the euros. With Conte we never sat back to defend, it was always pushing to control the game, I don't understand the comments about him making us more defensive, it's with Allegri that we sit back and welcome the opposition many times.

Ronaldo presses, trains and runs like a mad man. Conte would love him. If he managed lazy uninterested Hazard then he would love Ronaldo. Let's not forget that Vucinic was Conte's #1 striker.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Some are acting like Conte is a caricature of himself, not the real person. We had a bunch of scrubs and with him won undefeated, his serie A record still isn't broken with the hugely improved team we have. He beat Pep, Klopp and Mou in England. Took the worst Italy ever and made them contenders in the euros. With Conte we never sat back to defend, it was always pushing to control the game, I don't understand the comments about him making us more defensive, it's with Allegri that we sit back and welcome the opposition many times.

Ronaldo presses, trains and runs like a mad man. Conte would love him. If he managed lazy uninterested Hazard then he would love Ronaldo. Let's not forget that Vucinic was Conte's #1 striker.
Yes what he did then was good but he wouldnt improve us in europe. Also i dont think long term this undefeated thing matters if it becomes a case of as long as we draw its fine. He drew 15 games that season.

Also Conte isnt magician. He hasnt done anyhing in CL. Just like we can praise him we can remind he finished 3rd in his last CL campain with us with players like Tevez, Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba etc. How did we manage that. That Turkey Galatasaray mud pitch is no excuse. Why did it come down to that final game. Then Allegri comes in and says first hing is to improve in europe and we do it with same squad Conte had.

People are overreacting about Conte winning mentality. He is also a lets not lose mentality. We drew games in CL against some minnows away in europe i remember. Conte wont improve us in europe. Also we have worse midfield these days so if he couldnt get out of group with MPPV then what he will do with this current team.

My point regarding Ronaldo was more like people also said Diego Costa was ideal for Conte cause he had that grinta mentality. See what happened. They fell out. Ronaldo has big ego. Conte clashes with players like that. The only player with big ego back then was Pogba but he was a kid then. Before fame got to him and in uk he now thinks his best mid ever.

People are forgetting the negative sides with Conte. His obsessed with his formations. Now people say we have squad for 3-4-3. How? And when he was here people said you cant win in europe with back 3. And that has been proven right ultimately. We shouldnt play back 3 just so Rugani gets more minutes. Forget about CL glory if you cant win with back 3. Conte is a winner mentality but also incredible stubborn.

At this stage if its between Zidane or Conte. For sure Zidane. You cant critic Zidane record and he would get best out of Ronaldo.

Funny how people are defending him now when he left most ridiculed him after his 10-100 euros comments. He shouldnt have said that. Could have parted in happy ways and simply said 3-4 years is enough at one club which seems to be the case these days. Times of Fergie/Wenger decade remainings are over. Thats why i also think it would be natural for Allegri to go. 5 years now. Its long enough time. Time for new manager with new ideas.

Mar 10, 2009
Bringing back Conte would be foolish, I would rather keep Allegri.

Bar the Chelsea games, we were outclassed against all the major opponents and humiliated against Benfica.

The whole point of Allegri leaving is so we can have someone that can win us the CL. Heck, get a "cup manager," because we will likely win the league no matter who is in charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)