Antonio Conte (56 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
2014: Conte leaves because we don't sign the players he wants

Signings after he left:

Morata who is at chelsea with conte now
Dybala who conte wanted when he was managing italy
Alex Sandro who conte wants now
Cuadrado who conte wanted to keep at chelsea but couldnt
Simone Zaza was given his italy debut by conte
Bernardeschi was given his italy debut by conte

nice to see things in retrospective :)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Are they?
It began innocuously enough, with Mourinho throwing a barb in a press conference at no one in particular. He referenced other managers behaving like “clowns” on the touchline leaving just enough wiggle room to avoid the accusation he had anyone specific in mind.

Was it Jurgen Klopp? Maybe. Pep Guardiola? Could be. Antonio Conte? Was it the man who picked up the pieces of Mourinho’s shattered Chelsea regime and made them champions? Was it the man who Mourinho reprimanded for his touchline behaviour – asking for more noise and more support – after Mourinho’s United were torn asunder in Stamford Bridge? You’re getting warmer.

Conte – probably against his better judgement – rose to it and in an undignified moment of his own suggested his rival could be suffering from “demenza senile ”. You don’t need to be an expert in Italian to figure out the translation of that one, with Conte believing that Mourinho would do well to examine his own touchline behaviour in the past.

Then came the A-Bomb. Following a humdrum victory against Derby County in the FA Cup, Mourinho alighted on the one issue guaranteed to wound Conte in retaliation.

The tribal football public nor a thirsty football media is capable of dealing properly with what Mourinho said. United fans will use it against Chelsea fans online going forward. Papers need to be sold and so more fuel will be added to the furnace.

In hindsight, Conte would have been better advised to stay clear of any response at all. Arguably, the best move Guardiola made against Mourinho during their time in charge of Barcelona and Real Madrid, respectively, was to tell the assembled media that in the press room Mourinho was “the f*cking boss” and any victory won against him would come out on the field of play.

Mourinho is a dirty fighter and whether he wins or loses, he always seems to come out on top in front of the media. That’s what Conte ought to have learned by now.
- - - Updated - - -

No one took the bait, except for Antonio.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Are they?

- - - Updated - - -

No one took the bait, except for Antonio.
"Mourinho is a dirty fighter and whether he wins or loses, he always seems to come out on top in front of the media. That’s what Conte ought to have learned by now."

Yup, that's what I meant

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty average manager. Good motivator, and decent organizer. not much more to say about him.
Disagree. I think he would do well if he was to return here

May 23, 2013
Only truly great managers have the ability to rescue the Juve Conte took over.
I mean he took over a Juve that was not in Europe and signed players like Vidal, Pirlo, Lichstiener, and Vucinic. In hindsight it would have been dissapointing not to win it. And if we are truly honest theres a good chance we dont win it had gol i Muntari counted but I guess that is evened out with Matri's goal.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I mean he took over a Juve that was not in Europe and signed players like Vidal, Pirlo, Lichstiener, and Vucinic. In hindsight it would have been dissapointing not to win it. And if we are truly honest theres a good chance we dont win it had gol i Muntari counted but I guess that is evened out with Matri's goal.
:lol: ok. Now return home to the Milan forums.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
That's disgusting. 2012 scudetto was nothing short of a miracle. You either did not watch Juve back then or suffer from severe dementia.

- - - Updated - - -

lol they would have had like a 10 point cushion dont live in denial.
Which means that without Gol di Munatri they had a 7 point cushion and they managed to fuck it up and finished 4 points below us

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I bet Roma, Lazio and Milan fans are super dissappointed they missed out on so many scudettos whilee they had Vucinic, Licht and Pirlo with them

- - - Updated - - -

If you think about it, I think at one point Udinese had Quags, Asa and Isla balling at their absolute best, that basically guarantees you an undefeated season if not Serie A points record. Must be the biggest choke job ever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)