Antonio Conte (53 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
We were making less money back then you moron. We only started buying better and more expensive players when we progressed further in Europe and our revenue improved. Maybe if he stuck around for longer instead of abandoning ship, he would have lived to see us sign all those shiny toys he yearns so much for. Stop being obtuse. Oh and how about these “austerity measures” at Chelsea.

€80m on Morata
€40m on Drinkwater
€45m on Bakayoko
€20m on Zappacosta

Go to sleep.
What about the players they sold, Chelsea has a net spend of 20 mil over the last 2 seasons while the Manchester clubs are in the 300s. Maybe you are the one who needs some shut eye.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Conte was the reason Costa was sold. Costa comes on first game for Atletico and scores. Saw the highlights. Love Morata but he missed some sitters against Arsenal.

If Conte wants to get any player in the world he has to become coach of PSG or Real Madrid. As Man City is taken already.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What about the players they sold, Chelsea has a net spend of 20 mil over the last 2 seasons while the Manchester clubs are in the 300s. Maybe you are the one who needs some shut eye.
So maybe he should have held out for the Manchester clubs then. Every other club is pretty much operating under “austerity” if that’s the standard.

He got rid of Costa himself. Forced him out of the club. And you’re gonna tell me it wasn’t his decisions to sign players like Zappacosta and Alonso?

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Chelsea doesn't sell starting players.
They sell deadwood like Cuadrado and buy improvements like Zappacosta.
Well except cases when Conte has a beef with his second most crucial player and management is forced to buy a replacement.
And tbf CFC roster was better than both MU and MC, so net spending doesn't show the whole picture.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Chelsea doesn't sell starting players.
They sell deadwood like Cuadrado and buy improvements like Zappacosta.
Well except cases when Conte has a beef with his second most crucial player and management is forced to buy a replacement.
And tbf CFC roster was better than both MU and MC, so net spending doesn't show the whole picture.
The only sale that Conte has a legitimate gripe with imo is Matic. Stupid to sell him and replace him with the useless Bakayoko.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
The only sale that Conte has a legitimate gripe with imo is Matic. Stupid to sell him and replace him with the useless Bakayoko.
Yep, strange sell indeed.
But it's not what bothers me. I hate when coaches throw own players/management/etc. under the bus, no matter how passive-aggressive they do it, or whine about shirts colour/calendar. Someone calls it a distraction tactic, pressure easing, in my book it's just being a bitch.
And it really hurts to see Antonio going that way, because he was THE captain and also was a big part of clubs ressurection.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yep, strange sell indeed.
But it's not what bothers me. I hate when coaches throw own players/management/etc. under the bus, no matter how passive-aggressive they do it, or whine about shirts colour/calendar. Someone calls it a distraction tactic, pressure easing, in my book it's just being a bitch.
And it really hurts to see Antonio going that way, because he was THE captain and also was a big part of clubs ressurection.
But he didnt do it with his yesterdays statement, he responded to an accusation not made an excuse for doing badly

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
The Matic excuses are getting a bit boring though. Dont know the details, maybe he wasnt playing enough?

Cant say like he has been huge influence for Man Utd. I mean they are 15 points behind Man City. And only 1 point ahead of Chelsea.

Collectively all of Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham have been disappointing. The gap between Man City and the rest shouldnt be that big. Of course some of these clubs dont have winning mentality in them. Pool, Arsenal, Tottenham are basically just jogging on. And yes you can always say that they have less spending power than the Manchester clubs but none of these 3 managed to make the most of the year when both Manchester Clubs were really hot and cold. Instead Leicester comes and wins it all.

Mourinho has failed to deliver at Utd despite them spending significant amount and NOT selling big names. Although i would never take Lukaku as your main man. Aguero and well managed Costa are much better strikers. Lukaku goes missing in big games.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Really? Chelsea "runs austerity programe"?
but compared to other big clubs in the league they do, it's true. I don't think it's undermining for the club if said with respect and under the right circumstances. I think half the newest Conte story is how it is portrayed in the media and not what he actually said.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
but compared to other big clubs in the league they do, it's true. I don't think it's undermining for the club if said with respect and under the right circumstances. I think half the newest Conte story is how it is portrayed in the media and not what he actually said.
For me, it's the same old "100 euro restaurant" narrative but wrapped in a more passive-aggressive manner. I respect Conte, but this is a bitchy move. Let's leave it at that.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
So maybe he should have held out for the Manchester clubs then. Every other club is pretty much operating under “austerity” if that’s the standard.

He got rid of Costa himself. Forced him out of the club. And you’re gonna tell me it wasn’t his decisions to sign players like Zappacosta and Alonso?
I'm sure they were his first choices, also very convenient what you keep ignoring the question that prompted that answer.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What starting players did they sell other than Costa (who was forced out of the club by Conte) and Matic?

Also answer my question. Do you seriously think Chelsea’s sporting director would have even known about players like Marcos Alonso, Antonio Rudiger or Davide Zappacosta? You don’t think they were Conte’s choice? It seems for the most part they signed players he expressly asked for.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
was it really? this time last year Costa was linked with a move to China which he was tempted by it and suddenly his form and effort dropped which pissed Conte off to the point that he supposedly told him in training to "go to china and collect his money"
Alex Sandro's form dropped too since we didn't sell him to Chelsea, you want us to get rid of him too?

Can or can not have something to do with his drop in form. Those players aren't machines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)