Antonio Conte (123 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Before the beginning of the season I thought it'd be between him and Pep. Right about him, completely wrong about Pep. This man knows how to win a league. Great achievement in his first season.
As much as I hated him taking the Italy job, he did a great job at the Euros.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Europe is his real test, heck I'm no Conte fan and I expected him to seal this.
So at first he wasnt good in the cup format (an emphatic conclusion based on that small a sample size lol), and now, after doing well at Euro, he sucks at CL or is guilty until proven innocent? :D

Many also said he's a subpar coach, period.

And yeah, epl is overrated, but really not giving him credit for completely pwning it?

And I doubt you expected him to seal this back in last summer. Don't remember anyone predicting he'll run away with it, and the anti-contes thought he'd just finish top 4. Many others thought he'd finish second. Few, myself included, predicted both city and Chelsea will be contenders. None predicted he'll easily seal this.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
So at first he wasnt good in the cup format (an emphatic conclusion based on that small a sample size lol), and now, after doing well at Euro, he sucks at CL or is guilty until proven innocent? :D

Many also said he's a subpar coach, period.

And yeah, epl is overrated, but really not giving him credit for completely pwning it?

And I doubt you expected him to seal this back in last summer. Don't remember anyone predicting he'll run away with it, and the anti-contes thought he'd just finish top 4. Many others thought he'd finish second. Few, myself included, predicted both city and Chelsea will be contenders. None predicted he'll easily seal this.
I was hoping he'd fail, but I knew he'd succeed. Heck fucking Ruiniri won the EPL with Vardy and Drinkwater, I expect a coach of Conte's caliber to win it with Costas and Hazard.
Conte's good, but he's no Allegri.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I was hoping he'd fail, but I knew he'd succeed. Heck fucking Ruiniri won the EPL with Vardy and Drinkwater, I expect a coach of Conte's caliber to win it with Costas and Hazard.
Conte's good, but he's no Allegri.
I don't like the comparison, and he doesn't have to be as good as allegri to be good.

But for the record, Conte is easily the better coach in the league format while EuroMax is probably the best in the cup format.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I don't like the comparison, and he doesn't have to be as good as allegri to be good.

But for the record, Conte is easily the better coach in the league format while EuroMax is probably the best in the cup format.
i'm still mad about what the record breaking season, should've been a treble. (europa league treble)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
You don't give him kudos for breaking that record but are mad at not winning friggin EL?
Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

The scudetto was enough, the excess 15+ whatever pts were useless, you don't get a trophy for that, but winning the EL in YOUR HOME STADIUM is bigger, and more worthy of history

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 119)