Antonio Conte (326 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah it's a bit of a leap to say Conte is easily the better league coach. His drive and focus on it are perhaps the reasoning for this thought, as is the benefit of playing 2/4 potential winning seasons with no European football. Allegri in comparison has had that in every one of his seasons with Milan and Juve.

But I agree with the general point, if you wanted to take an underachieving team and drag them along to a league title you'd pick Conte, which is why I want him far away from Sfinter. Allegri for us right now is just perfect, but it's easy to see why Conte is so popular wherever he goes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
@Fre3sh @Iceman

Whether you value that record or not is your personal perogative, but that's a mark of how good a coach was in the league. That's what we are talking about. Extra 15 or however many points didnt give us an extra trophy, but it'd be crazy to not recognize that sheer dominance as a tour de force and a mark of his excellent coaching.

Playing the EL final at home was a nice little motivational bonus, but it's still friggin EL.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it's a bit of a leap to say Conte is easily the better league coach. His drive and focus on it are perhaps the reasoning for this thought, as is the benefit of playing 2/4 potential winning seasons with no European football. Allegri in comparison has had that in every one of his seasons with Milan and Juve.

But I agree with the general point, if you wanted to take an underachieving team and drag them along to a league title you'd pick Conte, which is why I want him far away from Sfinter. Allegri for us right now is just perfect, but it's easy to see why Conte is so popular wherever he goes.
Clearly better league coach. Picked up more points than allegri with inferior squads. And you can see why looking at how his teams are disciplined with good defense and balance, hard drilled and rigid. These type of teams tend to do really well in leagues. Trap and capello esque except Conte's teams are more positive and balanced in approach.

Once again, I don't like or get the constant comparison with allegri. Kinda weird to always bring up allegri when mentioning Conte or vice versa. Yeah, allegri is more suitable for us now because serie a is relatively easy (and Conte played a big role in reestablishing this juventinita and solid platform) and we need to win the CL - like how Conte was the ideal coach for us back then - but that doesn't reduce the capacity of Conte as a coach.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Clearly better league coach. Picked up more points than allegri with inferior squads.
That was pretty much one season, the first one. I don't think you could say that by 2012-13 the Milan squad was better than Juve's, it was massacred and lacked quality. Of course that is also due to the good work done not just by Marotta and Paratici but also by Conte in improving players, so it's a bit difficult to judge. He might have won the scudetto with that Milan squad but we'll never know.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
That was pretty much one season, the first one. I don't think you could say that by 2012-13 the Milan squad was better than Juve's, it was massacred and lacked quality. Of course that is also due to the good work done not just by Marotta and Paratici but also by Conte in improving players, so it's a bit difficult to judge. He might have won the scudetto with that Milan squad but we'll never know.
I was comparing Conte's juve with allegri's juve in the league, not euromax's Milan.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
@Fre3sh @Iceman

Whether you value that record or not is your personal perogative, but that's a mark of how good a coach was in the league. That's what we are talking about. Extra 15 or however many points didnt give us an extra trophy, but it'd be crazy to not recognize that sheer dominance as a tour de force and a mark of his excellent coaching.

Playing the EL final at home was a nice little motivational bonus, but it's still friggin EL.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly better league coach. Picked up more points than allegri with inferior squads. And you can see why looking at how his teams are disciplined with good defense and balance, hard drilled and rigid. These type of teams tend to do really well in leagues. Trap and capello esque except Conte's teams are more positive and balanced in approach.

Once again, I don't like or get the constant comparison with allegri. Kinda weird to always bring up allegri when mentioning Conte or vice versa. Yeah, allegri is more suitable for us now because serie a is relatively easy (and Conte played a big role in reestablishing this juventinita and solid platform) and we need to win the CL - like how Conte was the ideal coach for us back then - but that doesn't reduce the capacity of Conte as a coach.
:lol:
lawd

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Conte never had the type of player turnover that Allegri has had for the past two seasons, in Max"s defense. In fact, the only thing that Juve did during Conte's 3 years was add more players, without losing any key components.

Something to take into consideration before stating thst he is clearly a better league manager. He may be better, but certainly not by much

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I was comparing Conte's juve with allegri's juve in the league, not euromax's Milan.
2012 84 pts, no CL, Coppa final
2013 87 pts, CL QF, Coppa semifinal
2014 102 pts, EL, Coppa QF

2015 87 pts, CL final, Coppa final
2016 91 pts, CL Ro.16, Coppa final
2017 85 pts so far, CL final, Coppa final

picked up more points exactly once, and that was the season we went out of CL and Coppa early and we made the record our goal.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
2012 84 pts, no CL, Coppa final
2013 87 pts, CL QF, Coppa semifinal
2014 102 pts, EL, Coppa QF

2015 87 pts, CL final, Coppa final
2016 91 pts, CL Ro.16, Coppa final
2017 85 pts so far, CL final, Coppa final

picked up more points exactly once, and that was the season we went out of CL and Coppa early and we made the record our goal.
And it's very questionable whether Conte had a worse squad then Allegri. If Conte had lost Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez in one summer he would have rage quit.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And it's very questionable whether Conte had a worse squad then Allegri. If Conte had lost Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez in one summer he would have rage quit.
yeah that too. 2014 and 2015 were almost identical, and most people would say the 2015 squad was superior to the 2016 one. at the beginning of this season people even argued that the 2015 was superior to the current team

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Point stands, he did pick up more points with an inferior squad. Our team got better and better progressively. A whopping diff of 15 pts between allegri's first and Conte's last.

What you anti-contes should do now is just eat a humble pie and kneel down to your Lord and savior, sir andonio...instead of making even more ludicrous arguments like the EL one or still holding on to past stance by still discrediting his continuous league dominance.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Point stands, he did pick up more points with an inferior squad. Our team got better and better progressively. A whopping diff of 15 pts between allegri's first and Conte's last.

What you anti-contes should do now is just eat a humble pie and kneel down to your Lord and savior, sir andonio...instead of making even more ludicrous arguments like the EL one or still holding on to past stance by still discrediting his continuous league dominance.
point might stand, but its completely irrelevant. picking up more points doesent mean youre the better league coach, by that logic Pellegrini is the superior league coach to Capello

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

No one is discrediting anything that Conte has done. You were the one who stated that Conte was CLEARLY the better league manager, when in fact the numbers over the first 2 seasons tell a different story, and Conte did not lose one single major component to his squad in three years here.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think that any sane person would take 87 points, a Scudetto, the CL Final, and winning the Coppa Italia over 102 points, winning the Scudetto, and nothing else.

Whether you win the league by 1 point or 15, it doesn't change the fact that you won it.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
No one is discrediting anything that Conte has done. You were the one who stated that Conte was CLEARLY the better league manager, when in fact the numbers over the first 2 seasons tell a different story, and Conte did not lose one single major component to his squad in three years here.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think that any sane person would take 87 points, a Scudetto, the CL Final, and winning the Coppa Italia over 102 points, winning the Scudetto, and nothing else.

Whether you win the league by 1 point or 15, it doesn't change the fact that you won it.
Exactly. Conte won 3 titles with us and 1 with Chelsea. Allegri won 3 titles (soon) with us and 1 with Milan. Jury is still out on who's a better league manager.

And just because most of us prefer Allegri to Conte atm, doesn't mean we don't appreciate what Conte did. For me even if Allegri wins the treble this season, the 3 consecutive titles with Conte were more important, considering the situation we were in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 310)