Antonio Conte (291 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Exactly. Conte won 3 titles with us and 1 with Chelsea. Allegri won 3 titles (soon) with us and 1 with Milan. Jury is still out on who's a better league manager.

And just because most of us prefer Allegri to Conte atm, doesn't mean we don't appreciate what Conte did. For me even if Allegri wins the treble this season, the 3 consecutive titles with Conte were more important, considering the situation we were in.
You are exactly right. Conte played a major, major role in building the foundations for this club. There is no denying that. And no one in their right mind will deny that. At least they shouldn't.

Although I do have to disagree with you on the three consecutive titles being more important than a Treble. I mean, come on man :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You are exactly right. Conte played a major, major role in building the foundations for this club. There is no denying that. And no one in their right mind will deny that. At least they shouldn't.

Although I do have to disagree with you on the three consecutive titles being more important than a Treble. I mean, come on man :D
Coming from where we were, post calcio poli and the mess that followed, it really looked bleak

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

Too early to say, we'll discuss it on June 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming from where we were, post calcio poli and the mess that followed, it really looked bleak
That's my point and there is something else, too. Money in football is increasing everyday at a faster rate than before. Just watch how much Inter and Milan will spend to try to become competitive again. We kinda caught the last train.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Too early to say, we'll discuss it on June 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

That's my point and there is something else, too. Money in football is increasing everyday at a faster rate than before. Just watch how much Inter and Milan will spend to try to become competitive again. We kinda caught the last train.
Funny you'd mention that, i was reading about the cska sofia logo thing and many to ask you about it

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
point might stand, but its completely irrelevant. picking up more points doesent mean youre the better league coach, by that logic Pellegrini is the superior league coach to Capello
How's it irrelevant or comparable when they were coaches in the same club one after the other with all other things remaining equal (competition didn't change, same quality of teams in serie a)?

Capello and pellegrini were 3 season's apart, lots change in 3 yes, and pellegrini picked up more points with a better squad, not worse. Your analogy makes no sense whatsoever.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
How's it irrelevant or comparable when they were coaches in the same club one after the other with all other things remaining equal (competition didn't change, same quality of teams in serie a)?

Capello and pellegrini were 3 season's apart, lots change in 3 yes, and pellegrini picked up more points with a better squad, not worse. Your analogy makes no sense whatsoever.
All is equal when one was trying to win three trophies, while the other was going for one trophy with 100+ written on it.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
No one is discrediting anything that Conte has done. You were the one who stated that Conte was CLEARLY the better league manager, when in fact the numbers over the first 2 seasons tell a different story, and Conte did not lose one single major component to his squad in three years here.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think that any sane person would take 87 points, a Scudetto, the CL Final, and winning the Coppa Italia over 102 points, winning the Scudetto, and nothing else.

Whether you win the league by 1 point or 15, it doesn't change the fact that you won it.
I didn't bring up allegri vs Conte. Fresh did, and I made a brief comment about one being better in CL and the other in league.

Who did better in league matters if that's what you're talking about. That's what we were talking about. We weren't debating who the better coach is overall or who's better for us (obviously allegri is more suitable for us now). I don't know who's the better coach overall. It depends on the team's needs.

It was obvious after every single summer that our improved from the last. Some disagreeing with that explains the asinine meltdowns.

No one has discredited anything Conte has done? :D where were you these past few yrs? Only way that'd make any sense is if you're on that same boat.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I didn't bring up allegri vs Conte. Fresh did, and I made a brief comment about one being better in CL and the other in league.

Who did better in league matters if that's what you're talking about. That's what we were talking about. We weren't debating who the better coach is overall or who's better for us (obviously allegri is more suitable for us now). I don't know who's the better coach overall. It depends on the team's needs.

It was obvious after every single summer that our improved from the last. Some disagreeing with that explains the asinine meltdowns.

No one has discredited anything Conte has done? :D where were you these past few yrs? Only way that'd make any sense is if you're on that same boat.
I have never discredited anything that COnte has done @GordoDeCentral as my witness.

I'm not talking about the last three years, but the last three days. And yes, you are correct that in the three years that Conte was here, the team did improve itself in regards to talent without losing anyone of importance. That is why I brought up my argument about Allegri and how he has done in the league with us, when you consider the sheer magnitude of players that he lost. Yes, we did rebuild, thankfully. But someone had to be in charge of that. Someone had to take the criticism when the rebuilding wasn't going as fast as everyone had hoped. And Allegri was the guy that had to shoulder the blame, and he dis so.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it was, and it was a huge gamble by both sides.

Juve were going back to the future to get their former Captain as coach, one who had never taken a job of this magnitude before.

Conte was taking a huge risk, considering that his last two Serie A stops were pretty bad. He was trying to rebuild his reputation and Juve's at the lowest possible moments for both

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
@King of Kings, again, I didn't say who the better coach overall is and I'm not discrediting allegri by giving Conte his due credit. Conte might be better, but allegri is great in league and rebuilding too. I don't get why one has to suck for the other to be good. We have been very lucky to have them both as our coach. Both deserve full credit.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I have never discredited anything that COnte has done @GordoDeCentral as my witness.

I'm not talking about the last three years, but the last three days.
Do you think what this legend did in them 3 years was lost in them 3 days? Do you think for all his efforts in bringing us back to the top (as a manager) he deserves the criticism, mockery and abuse he is getting?

I'm not pointing this at you, or maybe I am, but it's at the anti conte group. I think this man deserves more respect than people are giving him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

because youre ignoring other things. the team was almost the same, Llorente, Vidal, Pirlo regressed to previous year, Asamoah was injured all the time, Licht had heart problems for some time. Pogba, Bonucci and Marchisio were better compared to previous year. we got Morata, Pereyra and Evra of notable names, lost Osvaldo, Vucinic and Quag. the difference was, Conte was out of CL by December, out of Coppa Italia by January, and was resting players in EL for the Serie A. Allegri was in 3 competitions up until the very end, rotating the squad and resting players in the league for important CL games. one won enough points to win the title, the other went for more even after securing the title, ruining our chances to win another trophy because of that. thats the difference. the circumstances both worked in were different, even if the squad was almost the same

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
And it's very questionable whether Conte had a worse squad then Allegri. If Conte had lost Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez in one summer he would have rage quit.
:lol: good point.

I personally value trophies over records. Allegri has already proven he's a much better fit for us and our ambitions than Conte, the rest is all subjective. But yeah, definitely gotta admire how Allegri's been able to adapt to different players so well.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Your impressions, interpretation and underlying layers of the issue, I'm familiar with the facts behind the creation of the new club and the current logo row
It's like this, imagine after the new Milan owners can't pay the debts and the club goes bankrupt, you buy Novara and Pro Vercelli, merge them and call the new team FC Milan. Then the Milan municipality (in Bulgaria it was the government) let you play your home games at San Siro and the FIGC put your new team in Serie A, even though neither Novara, nor Pro Vercelli have actually qualified for Serie A. But then you have a problem because the fans are against you and don't recognise your new club as the successor of AC Milan. So you buy the leader of the largest ultras fraction (who happens to be a drug dealer in jail) who not only starts supporting you buy also beats up members of all other ultras fractions to shut them up. And of course this whole time you've been using the old Milan badge which is still owned by the old bankrupt company.

In the end Ganchev, the new owner, will have to pay some money to the government for the badge, but he really doesn't want to. That's why he organised that circus at the bidding.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's like this, imagine after the new Milan owners can't pay the debts and the club goes bankrupt, you buy Novara and Pro Vercelli, merge them and call the new team FC Milan. Then the Milan municipality (in Bulgaria it was the government) let you play your home games at San Siro and the FIGC put your new team in Serie A, even though neither Novara, nor Pro Vercelli have actually qualified for Serie A. But then you have a problem because the fans are against you and don't recognise your new club as the successor of AC Milan. So you buy the leader of the largest ultras fraction (who happens to be a drug dealer in jail) who not only starts supporting you buy also beats up members of all other ultras fractions to shut them up. And of course this whole time you've been using the old Milan badge which is still owned by the old bankrupt company.

In the end Ganchev, the new owner, will have to pay some money to the government for the badge, but he really doesn't want to. That's why he organised that circus at the bidding.
lol what a mess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 274)