Antonio Conte (32 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's not about what he did in Europe it's about how he dealt with the situation and his mentality when he can't seem to win.

He thinks Juve's squad isn't worth much to compete on a European stage but the year he left Juve almost won the treble.

Serie a record was priority to him and only.

He resigned three weeks before Juve's official season started, a coward move and he end up being the NT coach.

The "Let's not forget where we came from" is even one of his worst repetitive sentences/statements and made Juve sound or look like Inter.

No one is questioning his ability and no one can take what he has won, not a single fan, but his mentality sucks and when I think of it, I'm glad he resigned and Allegri took over, Allegri fits perfectly and as great tactician as he is yet he is very humble and at the same time looks for improving the squad from tactical point without being given any promises from the board on the players he wants.

If you can't give Allegri what he wants, he will work with what he has and that's another thing to admire him for.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte: "I think this season it's very important to understand that it's not always about who spends more money who wins," Conte insisted. "Otherwise, in this league, this season the name of the team [at the top] would not be Chelsea or Tottenham or Arsenal or Liverpool.

Oh man :ghey:
I know we had a weaker team at the time and Bayern were just a machine, but just read these comments he made before that first leg against them in 2013

"We are outsiders going up against one of the best teams in Europe, but we're not coming here as victims," said Conte, who insisted Juve would enjoy the moment.

"We are here to play our football with our philosophy. Playing at this level is a dream and sometimes dreams come true."

"They have players of great quality. We are champing at the bit to measure ourselves against them - they are a club which sets us an example."

:sergio: always with the underdog mentality, giving way too much respect and fear to our opponents before every big game in Europe. His comments before and after these games used to shit me so much.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
His clearly trying to take a dig at the Manchester clubs where city and union, have a net spend of £162m and £152 respectively. Chelsea on the other hand have a net spend of £85m.

But even when we take into account just the expenditure figures then it comes as no suprise that even the lower clubs such as palace, watford and west ham have spent well over £50m alone.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
His clearly trying to take a dig at the Manchester clubs where city and union, have a net spend of £162m and £152 respectively. Chelsea on the other hand have a net spend of £85m.

But even when we take into account just the expenditure figures then it comes as no suprise that even the lower clubs such as palace, watford and west ham have spent well over £50m alone.
...which put chelsea on the podium, behind the 2 manchester clubs :shifty:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-net-spend-how-8745765

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
FI went total BS with currents news. The headline have nothing to do with Conte's comments

Conte: 'Chelsea my greatest achievement'

Antonio Conte claimed winning the Premier League would Chelsea would be a greater achievement than three Scudetti at Juventus.

The former Italy tactician made the comments in a Press conference ahead of tonight’s game against Southampton.

He was asked if securing the Premier League at his first attempt would be his greatest achievement.

“Yes, for sure. For me, for the players, for the club,” replied Conte.

“To win the title in England is a great achievement. To win in England these days is not easy.

“Now it's a good season. To become a great or fantastic season there is only one way: to try to win.

“This season it's very important to understand that it's not always about who spends more money who wins. This season isn't the only season both Manchester clubs have spent a lot of money. Look at the past.

“Chelsea want to build, also, slowly, slowly to become a real power."

Juventus had finished seventh before he took charge and led them to three consecutive Serie A titles.

Max Allegri replaced Conte and is on the verge of his third Scudetto on the trot.
Before heading to Chelsea, the tactician took Italy to the Euro 2016 quarter-finals, going out on penalties against Germany.

Betting on Serie A? Bet365 are offering a 100% deposit bonus, up to £200 - find out more

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
FI went total BS with currents news. The headline have nothing to do with Conte's comments

Conte: 'Chelsea my greatest achievement'

Antonio Conte claimed winning the Premier League would Chelsea would be a greater achievement than three Scudetti at Juventus.

The former Italy tactician made the comments in a Press conference ahead of tonight’s game against Southampton.

He was asked if securing the Premier League at his first attempt would be his greatest achievement.

Yes, for sure. For me, for the players, for the club,” replied Conte.

“To win the title in England is a great achievement. To win in England these days is not easy.

“Now it's a good season. To become a great or fantastic season there is only one way: to try to win.

“This season it's very important to understand that it's not always about who spends more money who wins. This season isn't the only season both Manchester clubs have spent a lot of money. Look at the past.

“Chelsea want to build, also, slowly, slowly to become a real power."

Juventus had finished seventh before he took charge and led them to three consecutive Serie A titles.

Max Allegri replaced Conte and is on the verge of his third Scudetto on the trot.
Before heading to Chelsea, the tactician took Italy to the Euro 2016 quarter-finals, going out on penalties against Germany.

Betting on Serie A? Bet365 are offering a 100% deposit bonus, up to £200 - find out more
Look at the bolded part

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It's not about what he did in Europe it's about how he dealt with the situation and his mentality when he can't seem to win.

He thinks Juve's squad isn't worth much to compete on a European stage but the year he left Juve almost won the treble.

Serie a record was priority to him and only.

He resigned three weeks before Juve's official season started, a coward move and he end up being the NT coach.

The "Let's not forget where we came from" is even one of his worst repetitive sentences/statements and made Juve sound or look like Inter.

No one is questioning his ability and no one can take what he has won, not a single fan, but his mentality sucks and when I think of it, I'm glad he resigned and Allegri took over, Allegri fits perfectly and as great tactician as he is yet he is very humble and at the same time looks for improving the squad from tactical point without being given any promises from the board on the players he wants.

If you can't give Allegri what he wants, he will work with what he has and that's another thing to admire him for.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte: "I think this season it's very important to understand that it's not always about who spends more money who wins," Conte insisted. "Otherwise, in this league, this season the name of the team [at the top] would not be Chelsea or Tottenham or Arsenal or Liverpool.

Oh man :ghey:
I know we had a weaker team at the time and Bayern were just a machine, but just read these comments he made before that first leg against them in 2013

"We are outsiders going up against one of the best teams in Europe, but we're not coming here as victims," said Conte, who insisted Juve would enjoy the moment.

"We are here to play our football with our philosophy. Playing at this level is a dream and sometimes dreams come true."

"They have players of great quality. We are champing at the bit to measure ourselves against them - they are a club which sets us an example."

:sergio: always with the underdog mentality, giving way too much respect and fear to our opponents before every big game in Europe. His comments before and after these games used to $#@! me so much.
Yes yes an yes to all of this. :tup:

Well said. Things like this need to be put straightforward how they are... not any sugar coating-

Look at the bolded part
:alen:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
For me, I'd never forget where we came from all be it undeservedly. We sucked hard, the del neri's, zaccheroni's etc post calciopoli was hard and conte brought us back to the light, that first scudetto meant we were back onwards and upwards so irregardless of the circumstances in which he left and comments I'll always be grateful to him and yes to me his a legend and so is Allegri. You won't see me measuring their dicks.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Hence, when we win a massive game, he'll have a huge grin, shakes hand of the coach and goes in the dressingroom "cause this moment is for the players, not coach"
one of my fav allegri moments when pirlo won it against torino

- - - Updated - - -

For me, I'd never forget where we came from all be it undeservedly. We sucked hard, the del neri's, zaccheroni's etc post calciopoli was hard and conte brought us back to the light, that first scudetto meant we were back onwards and upwards so irregardless of the circumstances in which he left and comments I'll always be grateful to him and yes to me his a legend and so is Allegri. You won't see me measuring their dicks.

allegri has revived us in europe. allegri dick bigger

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
For me, I'd never forget where we came from all be it undeservedly. We sucked hard, the del neri's, zaccheroni's etc post calciopoli was hard and conte brought us back to the light, that first scudetto meant we were back onwards and upwards so irregardless of the circumstances in which he left and comments I'll always be grateful to him and yes to me his a legend and so is Allegri. You won't see me measuring their $#@!s.

he is a legend so he can say whatever he wants i guess?. Some kind of divine inmunity?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Winning any title isn't easy.

Arsenal, City, United and Liverpool are still mediocre teams for those with elite ambitions. It's not like he is beating off an SAF United, Mourinho Chelsea or even a Mancini City to win the title, a title fricking Leicester won last season. He's up against Spurs...

If anything there's never been a better time to win the PL title, it is completely wide open.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
he is a legend so he can say whatever he wants i guess?. Some kind of divine inmunity?
Depends how much of a thick skin you have. To me it really doesn't matter, I'm not sensitive to it and I don't think what he said is offensive, you don't have to be intelligent to be a legend. His impulsive and humble to his objective always has been so I'm not surprised with what he said.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Conte clarifies Chelsea-Juve comparison

by Football Italia

Antonio Conte wanted to clarify he is “proud of the extraordinary victories with Juventus” and Chelsea is a great achievement because it’s his first experience abroad.

The former Bianconeri and Italy Coach caused controversy whenhe was asked in a Press conference if winning the Premier League would be his greatest achievement and he replied that it would.

“I am in this League right now, it is my first season, so being able to challenge for and hope to win trophies is certainly extraordinary,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia this evening after a 4-1 win over Manolo Gabbiadini’s Southampton.

“It is my first experience abroad, with a new language, new habits, in a difficult league with strong teams and Coaches. It’s a very difficult challenge for me.

“But my past cannot be cancelled out, I am proud of what we did and the extraordinary victories with Juventus. The team had come off two seventh-place finishes, we won straight away and built something very important over time.

“And today Juve are where they ought to be.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)