Antonio Conte (46 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
@Zacheryah you said in Chiellini's thread that you didn't see Conte as a tactical micromanager. I wanted to ask you to elaborate on that because that was exactly how I saw him. It seemed that our players were so well drilled as to be robots running a script at times. The only guy I remember having much creative license was Pirlo (and even then he was playing the same kinds of passes) and Vucinic to a lesser extent.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Zacheryah you said in Chiellini's thread that you didn't see Conte as a tactical micromanager. I wanted to ask you to elaborate on that because that was exactly how I saw him. It seemed that our players were so well drilled as to be robots running a script at times. The only guy I remember having much creative license was Pirlo (and even then he was playing the same kinds of passes) and Vucinic to a lesser extent.
Ye its a bit relatively speaking. Compared to Allegri.

Conte had a very strict tactical plan. Runlines, passinglines and zonal pressing was very clearly put for post positions.
When we look at the defence, he had his tactical approach in place, and positions could be changed according to opponent.

Whats different under allegri is the level of detail. We dont just have a formation with zonal pressing and basic positionning. He adds detail in what each individual player according to his position must do at what time and when what player has the ball in what area

Yesterday we could see how at all times we keep a certain structure in the center, what players to leave position and move into additional cover(this is now), how and when players can attempt interceptions or hold off the attackers (new). Especially chiellini who had a load of instructions on when he could move step out to press the player, when to step out and make interceptions, when to move into cover to block,...

High praise on how incredibly concentrated we executed all of that. An example is when for example Iniesta skipped past dybala, and Alves leaves neymar alone t move into additional cover so bonucci could move forward. But mostly that Chiellini kept diciplinned all evening and only attempted interceptions at precise moments.

Normally barcelona gets 4-5 freekicks close to the box, and 1-2 penalties. But we gave away exactly 1 freekick and 0 penalty situations. And that was largely down to how Allegri's instructions and the players executing it

The level of detail in our defensive plan yesterday was absolutely insane

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Allegri gives the players much more freedom in the offensive part for sure.

The robots part is spot on, read what Hazard for example says about Conte's methods.

- - - Updated - - -

tbh there should've been at least 1-2 more freekicks for Barca if the ref had done his job better
Yup, though I think the one FK he gave wasn't one :D

And you can give the hands penalty on Sandro at the end, not that it would've mattered much at that point.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

The robots part is spot on, read what Hazard for example says about Conte's methods.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can give the hands penalty on Sandro at the end, not that it would've mattered much at that point.
could you give a link?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
could you give a link?
Hmmm, can't find it right now tbh, only quotes about him being very tactical in general and drilling movements.

I can swear I remember seeing something more detailed about meticulous movement training sessions without any ball. Might not have been Hazard though.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

It was Hazard, said they know exactly what to do under Conte.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/...actical-preparation-better-than-jose-mourinho

In terms of running lines, pressing and passing sure, robots. But conte doesnt remotely micromanages his defence like allegri does.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah you could be right there, don't really know about this.

Conte definitely "micromanages" the offensive part of the game much more though
Yes, i made a mistake in my phrasing there, you are right.

For Hazard this is actually great. At Belgium we often see him make movements in the completely wrong area. Comming into the ball or not moving into spaces when he should.
However, give him a playmaker and very string running lines that allow him to get into 1v1 situations high up the pitch, and he'll be lethal as fuck.

He just needs to be able to get at the right place and then do his dribbeling and shooting or passing. Cant wish for a better coach then Conte, or Guardiola tbh. Both have very strict idea's on what their wide forwards do, but in a very different way.

About Guardiola, i'm referring to Henry's comments on when they should move where and stay where

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Juventus fans mock former boss Antonio Conte with brilliant banner

Juventus fans have mocked their former boss Conte with a brilliant banner that has been exposed in front of Juventus’ training centre after the Serie A giants’ qualification to the Champions League semi-finals.

Juventus eliminated Barcelona from the quarter-finals with a 3-0 win on aggregate. The Old Lady held Barcelona to a home 0-0 draw yesterday night managing to qualify for the next stage of Europe’s elite competition for the second time in the last three years.

“Ieri CONTEnti in Italia, oggi Allegri in Europa, andiamo a comandare”, the banner reads. The fans’ play on words refers to results obtained by former boss Antonio Conte compared to those of current Juventus tactician Max Allegri.

he word-to-word translation of the banner is: “Yesterday we were happy (contenti) in Italy, now we are cheerful (Allegri) in Europe, let’s go to command.” The Italian word ‘contenti’ contains, of course, the word ‘Conte’. The Italian tactician had a great relationship with Juventus fans during his three-year spell in Turin although some bianconeri supporters felt betrayed when the manager decided to hand his resignation two days after the beginning of the 2014/15 summer training camp.

Conte’s Juventus took part to two Champions League campaigns: the first one ended in the quarter-finals against Bayern Munich, the second one ended in the group stages with Juventus that were also eliminated from the Europa League semi-finals in the 2013/14 campaign.

The message of Juve fans is pretty simple: Conte was a very good manager but he could only deliver good results in Italy (he won three Serie A titles during his time in Turin), whilst this Juventus side is challenging the best European clubs to win the Champions League, a trophy that Juventus are not winning since 1996 with four Champions League finals lost since.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Some are just trying to spice things up like drama queens.

Conte built a powerful, fearless team that dominated Italy for the first time since Calciopoli breaking all kinds of records. Allegri took us to the next level with European success and continued to break records. Both should be loved and cherished. End of Story.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Some are just trying to spice things up like drama queens.

Conte built a powerful, fearless team that dominated Italy for the first time since Calciopoli breaking all kinds of records. Allegri took us to the next level with European success and continued to break records. Both should be loved and cherished. End of Story.
:tup:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)