Antonio Conte (54 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Arsenal has a very strong squad, at least top 3 in epl. Sanchez, Ozil, Xhaka, Ramsey etc. they all underperform. And Wenger is a reason, he is very shitty tactician. He was good at some point, but football moved on and Arsen didn't.
Yeah they definitely have a great squad that should have challenged to the title on a semi-yearly basis. Its just that mentally they are extremely non-competitive. If juve dont finish first we consider that a problem and demand an improvement on that front. The same applies to Mancity and Chelsea (over the last few years) and United under Fergie. To Arsenal its a positive season to finish top 4. Very encouraging if they challenged the title for a while.

I have never seen a club that rich, with such a massive fanbase, being so content with never challenging. In my mind Wenger (and him keeping this job despite no progress) and their management are the reason they never challenge let alone win anything meaningful. Even Spurs have more drive to improve than Arsenal do. They have been stagnant for a decade. Inter and Napoli feel injured when they have a mediocre season and they try to improve and make changes hoping that they improve. Arsenal does not. Inter actually have top objectives and would not be satisfied finishing fourth or third forever. Even during the Moratti era, they continuously tried to challenge us and Milan by making crazy expensive signings and so on. CL qualification is to them a stepping stone towards getting better and challenging us for titles eventually, not the ultimate goal in itself.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Yeah they definitely have a great squad that should have challenged to the title on a semi-yearly basis. Its just that mentally they are extremely non-competitive. If juve dont finish first we consider that a problem and demand an improvement on that front. The same applies to Mancity and Chelsea (over the last few years) and United under Fergie. To Arsenal its a positive season to finish top 4. Very encouraging if they challenged the title for a while.

I have never seen a club that rich, with such a massive fanbase, being so content with never challenging. In my mind Wenger (and him keeping this job despite no progress) and their management are the reason they never challenge let alone win anything meaningful. Even Spurs have more drive to improve than Arsenal do. They have been stagnant for a decade. Inter and Napoli feel injured when they have a mediocre season and they try to improve and make changes hoping that they improve. Arsenal does not. Inter actually have top objectives and would not be satisfied finishing fourth or third forever. Even during the Moratti era, they continuously tried to challenge us and Milan by making crazy expensive signings and so on. CL qualification is to them a stepping stone towards getting better and challenging us for titles eventually, not the ultimate goal in itself.
Yep, it's all getting a bit ridiculous really.

What you say about their management and their ambitions is spot on: as long as they stay top 4 and qualify for Europe they are more than happy. They also have the highest ticket prices in England and one of the highest in Europe. However, I have never seen a fan-base so frustrated as Arsenal fans (apart from Shinter), they just can't seem to be able to get rid of the old Ba$tard :lol: :rofl::rofl:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Yep, it's all getting a bit ridiculous really.

What you say about their management and their ambitions is spot on: as long as they stay top 4 and qualify for Europe they are more than happy. They also have the highest ticket prices in England and one of the highest in Europe. However, I have never seen a fan-base so frustrated as Arsenal fans (apart from Shinter), they just can't seem to be able to get rid of the old Ba$tard :lol: :rofl::rofl:

I dont think these fans are representative of Arsenal fans in general. From my observations (not exactly statistically valid either) they are more divided on the question of whether to sack him or not. And even if the majority today think they need a change, their mentality is shown by the fact that it took a decade of no titles or almost any serious challenges for them to turn against him.

Look at Juve fans on this forum including myself and you will see a large gap in how demanding we are of the club. We had a large section of fans turn against Conte despite bringing back the team from the gutter and winning 3 scudettos because we werent satisfied with the team's performance in his last CL outing.

Today we are turning against Allegri not because he is not winning (he still is) but because he is not winning in the style expected from our superior squad.

Even take Inter. Would their fans be content with more than two seasons of stagnating at barely making 3rd? No. They would be demanding constant improvement and would want to start challenging for the title and will get the coach sacked if he stagnates for more than a season. They would never be content with 10 years of no challenges and barely making 3rd. Inter at least have big demands even if they never or rarely achieve them. Any argument for financial stability at Arsenal would apply to both Milan clubs as well. Arsenal does not dream and are content with very little. If they are tired now, they are 8 years too late to be feeling that now. And thats not the feeling of the great majority of their fans.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I dont think these fans are representative of Arsenal fans in general.
Spot on. Have a friend in London, diehard Arsenal fan for something like 20 years, he told me that it's more like 50-50 between fans about if Wenger is to blame. Almost everyone agrees that board is to blame though (which is quite a paradox, because Wenger still spends quite a sum each year).

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
I dont think these fans are representative of Arsenal fans in generl. From my observations (not exactly statistically valid either) they are more divided on the question of whether to sack him or not. And even if the majority today think they need a change, their mentality is shown by the fact that it took a decade of no titles or almost any serious challenges for them to turn against him.

Look at Juve fans on this forum including myself and you will see a large gap in how demanding we are of the club. We had a large section of fans turn against Conte despite bringing back the team from the gutter and winning 3 scudettos because we werent satisfied with the team's performance in his last CL outing.

Today we are turning against Allegri not because he is not winning (he still is) but because he is not winning in the style expected from our superior squad.
Half a year ago , i would agree. However , this is changing fast : people are finally starting to lose their trust with him.

The Board and Wenger was always under fire but got some breathing Space after they signed Mesut Ozil and Sanchez, because It looked like they finally were seeking ambition again.

However, the same thing happens every year. I think you have to be a really hardcore Wenger fan to even defend some sort of contract extension in this situation.

The man is finished .

The problem is that he has been there for so long.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Arsenal is definitely clueless.

They are stingy as fuck but when they chose to give out money this year they picked Xhaka over Kante.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)