Antonio Conte (234 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This is where I strongly disagree. Why do you guys say they've been bad for a while? Because they had one bad season? Almost the whole Chelsea team were terrible in the 15-16 season, but most of them were excellent just the season before (14-15). So why are we all sure that they've turned into bad players, and are not going through a rough patch of form?
They weren't. They really weren't. Sure, Chelsea as a team defended well in 2014-15, but I still think that was a poor backline. That's probably also why Mourinho, at least at the beginning of that season, wanted the team to press high.

But even if I'd agree, you'd still have a very poor season with three players well over 30. There's no guarantee they're not simply declining. Especially because they are quite heavy and have never been the most agile.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
This is where I strongly disagree. Why do you guys say they've been bad for a while? Because they had one bad season? Almost the whole Chelsea team were terrible in the 15-16 season, but most of them were excellent just the season before (14-15). So why are we all sure that they've turned into bad players, and are not going through a rough patch of form?
Season + is a long period and they are all quite old. Hazard can and probably will recover, the rest are very old. If they were 28 year olds I would say its a rough patch of form.

Ivanovic and Terry were top players. Cahil never was.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They weren't. They really weren't. Sure, Chelsea as a team defended well in 2014-15, but I still think that was a poor backline. That's probably also why Mourinho, at least at the beginning of that season, wanted the team to press high.

But even if I'd agree, you'd still have a very poor season with three players well over 30. There's no guarantee they're not simply declining. Especially because they are quite heavy and have never been the most agile.
I agree on your second point, they are above 30 and they might be declining. Though what I would say is that the decline has been too big, I really think players like Ivanovic and Cahill are performing well below their full potential/ability.

Also the likes of Ivanovic and Terry have long been part of a very strong Chelsea defense. I think its unfair to say that Chelsea had a poor backline. Cahill had a few good seasons and was never that great, but Terry and Ivanovic were one of the best defenders in the EPL for a while.

The point I'm trying to make is that too many times we allow players current form to affect our judgment on their ability. The biggest example is Hazard; he has been one of the best players in the EPL for a few years, not to mention he absolutely destroyed the Ligue, and was one of the best players to play there ever since I started following that league, he had one bad season and people started writing him off. I'm more than sure that he will soon be back to being one of the best players in the league sooner or later, because simply ability wise he's among the top players in the EPL, he's just going through a rough patch of form.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Conte hits back at Mourinho
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte hit back at Jose Mourinho after the Manchester United Coach complained about his touchline antics in a 4-0 Chelsea win.

Mourinho’s return to Stamford Bridge was not a pleasant one in the Premier League today, as his side was crushed 4-0 by Conte’s Blues.

At the final whistle, Mourinho whispered something intensely into Conte’s ear and it was clearly in Italian.

“It’s just my opinion, but don’t do that at 4-0. You can at 1-0, but at 4-0 it’s humiliation.”

Mourinho was referring to Conte firing up the crowd and the Italian confirmed as much when speaking to Sky Sport Italia.

“I was a football player, so I know how to behave on the pitch,” said Conte.

“There were United fans who kept singing, while ours were in silence after a great performance from my team. I wanted to call the crowd to applaud the players, which seems normal enough to me.

“I have great respect for everyone. Nothing happened with Jose, especially as my behaviour seemed normal. I didn’t make fun of anyone, as I always demand respect.

“Today, I think it is important to talk about the game and I say my players deserved this type of performance.”

:tup:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I was worried for him after Liverpool and Arsenal hammerings but he has done really well since. I could never wish Conte anything other than the best of luck where ever he goes unless he goes to merda.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
So happy that he fucked hard that gypsy.And who the fuck is that whining bitch to settle standards, when you can call your fans to support your team and when that represents humiliation?
Humiliated one not a special one.:lol::lol::lol:
Conte should reply him,like: "Okay boss,next time just give me a signal and I will immediately silence the fans".Pathetic piece of shit.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
but it's ok for mourinho to humiliate and mock his opposition, running down the touch line to taunt and annoy the opposition crowd is ok? to poke his opposite number in the eye is ok? to call other managers losers is ok? to brand himself as some sort of footballing God when has has next to fuck all to show for it over the past few years? About fucking time someone brought him back down to earth and I'm pleased it was Conte

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Lol they asked him if that is the most important victory in his career and he laughed. He said the most important moment was when he lifted the title (with us) not a single match. He said he prefers to win the war than just some small battle. I miss Conte's grinta.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
but it's ok for mourinho to humiliate and mock his opposition, running down the touch line to taunt and annoy the opposition crowd is ok? to poke his opposite number in the eye is ok? to call other managers losers is ok? to brand himself as some sort of footballing God when has has next to $#@! all to show for it over the past few years? About $#@!ing time someone brought him back down to earth and I'm pleased it was Conte
:agree: .And the motherfucker knew what will happen with this game.That's why he asked publicly Conte not to do some antics gestures during the game .Before two years he was running and jumping as a mad when they beat Liverpool away .That's was okay bitch?Oh I forgot.It was only 0-1.It's okay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 225)