Antonio Conte (59 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
No I did not, reading comprehension please. I said the mentionned best Liverpool players aren't just decent as it was being painted as.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
They're still not elite level tho. You won't see other teams bidding too much for them.

R.A.B.

Mar 24, 2009
Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz and Apliwhatever aren't worse than the Shaws, Smallings and Blinds of this world.

Both backlines suck, but imo Chelsea has the slightly better one.
You get the opinion from history, since 2 seasons Shaw>Ivanovic , Smalling>Cahill without a doubt. Blind is a reserve now. Bailly is not worse than Luiz and can be a lot better than him.
Ivanovic and Cahill are crap now, Shaw was injured for most of last season yet still had more good matches than ivanovic, i liked ivanovic and cahill but sadly they past it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
How come people are saying Chelsea has an inferior selection of players? Their main starting 11 is just as good as City's and United's. City and United also have new managers, so to be honest Conte has no excuses. IMO anything less than a challenge for the title would be a failure on his part.

Liverpool and Spurs have an inferior squad to Arsenal, and a much more inferior squad than the first 3, IMO if either of Spurs and Pool get into the top four, they would be overachieving.

- - - Updated - - -

They're better than some of the names in there of course. But you should be comparing starting players with starting players.

The front four of the 5 teams:

Arsenal: Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott and Giroud
Utd: Martial, Mata, Rooney and Zlatan
Chelsea: Hazard, Willian, Oscar and D. Costa
City: Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva and Aguero
Liverpool: Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Sturridge

Would you not say that Pool's attacking four are a level below the other four?

IMO it's the fact that Klopp is doing a great job with them at the moment that is making them perform better than the other four teams, as individuals they are inferior to the others for the most part.
We only play with a 3 brah.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We only play with a 3 brah.
I know you do, but for simplicity's sake I had to include all four :D

- - - Updated - - -

Their back 4 are substantially worse than what city, & utd have.
I disagree.

Ivanovic Terry Cahill Azpilicueta

is not substantially worse (if it's worse at all) than

Valencia Smalling Bailly Blind

or

Sagna Otamendi Stones Kolarov

You are mistaking form for ability. Its like saying you'd rather have Mahrez over Hazard, not a very smart thing, the former is in better form, but the past 4-5 years where Hazard has definitely been a much better player didn't suddenly vanish. On his day, he's twice the player Mahrez is.

R.A.B.

Mar 24, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree.

better start watching games, LvG`s MU was a disaster but Ivanovic now is much worse than Valencia on the right, Cahill is worse than Smalling and Bailly who are pretty good defenders. But hatred for MU blinds you all. Only defender in Chelsea who can still his job is Aspilicueata , Terry is doing ok he is the old now but still the best CB in the team. Zouma is 2nd but injured all the time

Ivanovic and Cahill are making worse rookie mistakes 2nd season in the row than Juve`s primavera defenders and still people calls them better than some better defenders :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What has Smalling ever done to prove he's a "good defender"? Bailly too...Man Uniteds defence is average as fuck. The fact that they're forced to use an average CM/DM like Blind in place of Smalling tells you all you need to know.

R.A.B.

Mar 24, 2009
everyone is average except maybe 10 defenders in the worlt it seems. Smalling was the best player for half of season united last year, now was injured and blind was healthy so he played in the centre but blind its great player to have, good at left side of defence, decent in DM,CM and utility CB.
Bailly was rock for Villareal, against Barcelona had great matches.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree.

or

You are mistaking form for ability. Its like saying you'd rather have Mahrez over Hazard, not a very smart thing, the former is in better form, but the past 4-5 years where Hazard has definitely been a much better player didn't suddenly vanish. On his day, he's twice the player Mahrez is.
I agree with your general opinion that Chelsea have a decent roster, but Ivanovic, Cahill and Terry have been very poor for quite a while.

And even if I really do believe in Luiz's ability, I don't see him organizing a defence.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How come people are saying Chelsea has an inferior selection of players? Their main starting 11 is just as good as City's and United's. City and United also have new managers, so to be honest Conte has no excuses. IMO anything less than a challenge for the title would be a failure on his part.

Liverpool and Spurs have an inferior squad to Arsenal, and a much more inferior squad than the first 3, IMO if either of Spurs and Pool get into the top four, they would be overachieving.

- - - Updated - - -

They're better than some of the names in there of course. But you should be comparing starting players with starting players.

The front four of the 5 teams:

Arsenal: Sanchez vs Coutinho, Ozil vs Firmino, Walcott vs Mane (no idea) and Giroud vs Sturridge
Utd: Martial vs Coutinho, Mata (isnt that Lindgard guy ahead of him in rotation?)vs Mane, Rooney vs Firmino and Zlatan vs Sturridge
Chelsea: Hazard vs Coutinho, Willian vs Mane, Oscar vs Firmino and D. Costa vs Sturridge
City: Sterling vs Coutinho, De Bruyne vs Firmino, Silva vs Mane and Aguero vs Sturridge
Liverpool: Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Sturridge

Would you not say that Pool's attacking four are a level below the other four?

IMO it's the fact that Klopp is doing a great job with them at the moment that is making them perform better than the other four teams, as individuals they are inferior to the others for the most part.
individually they arent so much inferior to the others to say the coach makes a huge difference. 5th strongest front line for sure

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree.

or

Hazard is young so we don't take his form to reflect his true ability. The Chelsea guys are old. They are not just having a rough patch. They have been finished for some time now. They are De Michelis level now which is a lot worse than stones, otamendi, smalling etc.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hazard is young so we don't take his form to reflect his true ability. The Chelsea guys are old. They are not just having a rough patch. They have been finished for some time now. They are De Michelis level now which is a lot worse than stones, otamendi, smalling etc.
Hazard is 25, that's the prime of his career

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Hazard is 25, that's the prime of his career
That should be the beginning of his prime had he not been a mental midget. However my point was that we know he could do better and thats why we call it bad form as opposed to a finished player. Chelsea defenders are finished they arent just in a bad form.

I think Hazard should push for a move to Bayern. He needs a team that can win without him, he can't handle the pressure of carrying a team on his back. He would do great at Bayern I think.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I agree with your general opinion that Chelsea have a decent roster, but Ivanovic, Cahill and Terry have been very poor for quite a while.

And even if I really do believe in Luiz's ability, I don't see him organizing a defence.

This is where I strongly disagree. Why do you guys say they've been bad for a while? Because they had one bad season? Almost the whole Chelsea team were terrible in the 15-16 season, but most of them were excellent just the season before (14-15). So why are we all sure that they've turned into bad players, and are not going through a rough patch of form?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)