Antonio Conte (20 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
do you think the winning mentality will outlast his tenure like it did at Juve or will Italy return to mediocrity when the new coach arrives?

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
do you think the winning mentality will outlast his tenure like it did at Juve or will Italy return to mediocrity when the new coach arrives?
Italy was in finals in 2012, what mediocrity you are talking about?
They need to introduce new generation though. It would be easy in defence – don't change back 3, build it around Bonbon, just replace when time comes Chiello and Barza with Romagnoli and Rugani. Fullbacks are young and capable – des, florenzi, darmian.
You have Veratti and Marchisio as your core, Baselli could be back up if he keeps progressing. And Berardi, Insigne, Bernardeschi, reinvented Ses, fucking Zaza for attack.
They lack in cf department, but other than that this squad could be very good.
I say Ventura has quite a squad in his hands.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Italy was in finals in 2012, what mediocrity you are talking about?
They need to introduce new generation though. It would be easy in defence – don't change back 3, build it around Bonbon, just replace when time comes Chiello and Barza with Romagnoli and Rugani. Fullbacks are young and capable – des, florenzi, darmian.
You have Veratti and Marchisio as your core, Baselli could be back up if he keeps progressing. And Berardi, Insigne, Bernardeschi, reinvented Ses, fucking Zaza for attack.
They lack in cf department, but other than that this squad could be very good.
I say Ventura has quite a squad in his hands.
Also Donnarumma should be the second GK, and should hopefully look to take the number 1 spot not long after Gigi retires. Jorginho should hopefully play more under Ventura, and I hope he gives more chances to the likes of Bonaventura as well.

I'm actually looking forward to the Ventura era, because at the very least, he won't be scared to introduce young players. Should be an interesting couple of years.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
If Balotello grows up, it changes completely
Balo suddenly gave a very mature (especially for him) interview lately. I'm quite a grown and saw all kind of shit to believe in miracles, but if and it's big if he suddenly starts to act like a grown up, Italy is gonna have a great-great CF.
I know he is an idiot, but hell, if Juve could somehow take Pado's brain and insert it in Balo's head. He is only 25 ffs.

Upd: Icardi is overrated, player from 80-90s, he has a perfect club for him though.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Also Donnarumma should be the second GK, and should hopefully look to take the number 1 spot not long after Gigi retires. Jorginho should hopefully play more under Ventura, and I hope he gives more chances to the likes of Bonaventura as well.

I'm actually looking forward to the Ventura era, because at the very least, he won't be scared to introduce young players. Should be an interesting couple of years.
Although you can just sense that he's not going to be the kind of coach that creates a team that wins big. Partly his lack of experience on the big stages, and partly the lack of character and talent coming through the Azzurri ranks. In 26 years of supporting the Nazionale, I haven't seen a team as bad as this one. Sure, they gave a great account of themselves, but really, that had more to do with Conte as a unifying variable, and they're not even going to get anything close to this kind of run under somebody like Ventura. I don't mind his appointment, but feel like they should have gone with a younger coach to help build a team the way Conte did. Not many options out there currently, considering Montella wanted to remain in the club zone.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015

yep, it's gonna be exciting. I hope Ventura won't reinvent bicycle and keep back 3 defence, even if he is a fan of 442. If he prefers 4 man midfield 343 could work. Candreva and Marchisio are both versatile players, and Veratti is plain and simple the best CM in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)