Antonio Conte (95 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 30, 2013
Juventino[RUS];5285828 said:
[video=twitter;743746288303280128]https://twitter.com/UEFAEURO/status/743746288303280128[/video]

:lol:
And he didn't put his hand on heart when singing national anthem??? What kind of a patriot is he?:p:disagree:

+ He's doing good with NT so far. Above my expectations at least, I mean Italy winning 2 games consecutively in the start of a tournament? This is an excellent start. What worries me about Italy though is the level of players fitness and the rout this team is about to enter if they finish 1st in the group. I've heard something that it will be more difficult for them to get to the final if they finish 1st than if they progress as the 2nd team, but I haven't checked to see whether this is actually true. Hope he can find a way to the final and continues this winning streak.:xfinger:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Conte is a nobody on international stage who has yet everything to prove. It's disrespectful to put him in the same league with coaches who consistently put out results on the highest level of football, disregarding how much talent their squads might have had. Some enjoy their sandbox universe where coaches and players are judged in a vacuum based on arbitrary factors. But for me coach is only as good as the results he brings in the real world. Bonucci makes 5 good tackles against shitty EPL players and suddenly Conte is the best coach in the tournament. We can reevaluate him after the Euros.
There is only really one argument against Conte, and that's that he's had too short of a carreer to really be judged. Otherwise, only Del Bosque is better.

- - - Updated - - -

True :lol:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
clueless is kinda harsh when the team you lead conceded like 2-3 shots on target for 2 matches. the defense works like a charm. clean sheets come handy especially during knock out stages, and i can see this defense shutting out most attacks in this tournament.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
Im not talking about this tournament per se, but generally. At Juventus it was the same, and he got schooled when he met quality coaches in Europe.
A saying goes, great coaches acts, while the rest reacts. Conte clearly belongs to the later.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Tactically clueless, but for now the grinta carries them.
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Im not talking about this tournament per se, but generally. At Juventus it was the same, and he got schooled when he met quality coaches in Europe.
A saying goes, great coaches acts, while the rest reacts. Conte clearly belongs to the later.
Serie A had better coaches than any other league in case you have forgotten.

In Italy, he schooled Allegri, Benitez and Garcia.

You are saying he was schooled by better coaches in Europe... who? Heynckes? he schooled every coach that year.

In Europe Conte schooled Di Matteo, Lennon, Lucescu and almost equaled mourinho. Unless by quality coaches you meant the guys that were coaching the danish teams and galatasaray :lol:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Conte the mastermind, told Eder to score a lucky late goal - just minutes before the final whistle (and after playing like shit for 80 Minutes.) so Sweden would have no time to come back.

brilliant :delpiero:@Hist.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
All the haters that predicted doom have been silenced. Conte's grinta shows on his players.
:agree:

Long may this silence continue. If there's anytime Conte needs to win is now because the very own fans who chanted his name, loved him to bits, thanked him are now the same fans who can't stop moaning like a woman. Even my wife does a better job. Trust.

I'm probably gonna get slaughtered but just wanna say I love you guys. Honestly.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:agree:

Long may this silence continue. If there's anytime Conte needs to win is now because the very own fans who chanted his name, loved him to bits, thanked him are now the same fans who can't stop moaning like a woman. Even my wife does a better job. Trust.

I'm probably gonna get slaughtered but just wanna say I love you guys. Honestly.
i feel like i already read a similar comment from you today. is it getting worse or what? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 92)