Antonio Conte (105 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That team trashed Barça 7-0 agregate, there was no comparaison at all, they were levels ahead of us, it wasn't funny.
Ofc it wasn't funny. It was humiliating to witness. The entire team pussied out and coach seemed incapable to alter his approach for the return leg, when we saw rerun.

He's emotional, close to his players, he jumps like a madman and celebrates every goal, the guy runs more miles on the sidelines than Rooney for instance, but how does he cope with defeats? I feel that someone that tense, and always on a verge of emotional outbursts will have difficulty processing defeats and that will eventually reflect on players. One of the things that made us great in 2011/12 is exactly why we looked terrible in Europe after two abysmal encounters vs Bayern. imho

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
That team trashed Barça 7-0 agregate, there was no comparaison at all, they were levels ahead of us, it wasn't funny.
No doubt it was one of the best CL teams I came across. Juup heynckes did an amazing job. I personally I'm not upset with the defeat to that incredible team but rather just accept there were many levels above us.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Of Benfica or draws against Danish teams. Failing to create a single chance against a team with a man down for half an hour, was disgraceful.

As for Bayern, it wasn't a defeat itself that was an issue. We can all agree that Bayern was a level above, but how we lost, never looked capable of endangering their goal. The entire game we looked well out of depth and passing the ball back to BBC and Buffon. One of the worst games I've witnessed. Humiliating.
Watch the highlights again. You are mistaking us for barcelona. We created plenty of chances especially in the first leg. Bayern's superiority showed in the second leg.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
These two have won more, but right now not many would prefer them to Conte.

Low is fortunate enough to have one of the most talented generations of German football players at his disposal, unlike Conte.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
These two have won more, but right now not many would prefer them to Conte.

Low is fortunate enough to have one of the most talented generations of German football players at his disposal, unlike Conte.
Conte worked on limited budget while on Juve and now he worked on limited talents while on national team.

It would be interesting to see how he would do with a team of unlimited budget/talents like Chelsea.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Conte worked on limited budget while on Juve and now he worked on limited talents while on national team.

It would be interesting to see how he would do with a team of unlimited budget/talents like Chelsea.
you mean Chelsea in 2 or 3 years at which stage he will be tired and sign for another club that he thinks is on the highest level only for them to collapse before he signs and he gets stuck rebuilding again. He will forever be re-builder.

- - - Updated - - -

Del Bosque's resume' beats anyone :agree: 2 CL titles, la liga titles, worldcup and Euros. He won it all.

Hopefully his ideas are outdated

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
you mean Chelsea in 2 or 3 years at which stage he will be tired and sign for another club that he thinks is on the highest level only for them to collapse before he signs and he gets stuck rebuilding again. He will forever be re-builder.

- - - Updated - - -

Del Bosque's resume' beats anyone :agree: 2 CL titles, la liga titles, worldcup and Euros. He won it all.

Hopefully his ideas are outdated
I don't rate del bosque that much. He won the CL with one of the most talented sides to ever play in Europe.

Won the WC and Euros with the best team by a mile who were already European champions before he won anything and had Spain playing rather poorly compared to their previous coach.

Still a good coach but I wouldn't rate him as highly as others.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I don't rate del bosque that much. He won the CL with one of the most talented sides to ever play in Europe.

Won the WC and Euros with the best team by a mile who were already European champions before he won anything and had Spain playing rather poorly compared to their previous coach.

Still a good coach but I wouldn't rate him as highly as others.
Won the CL twice within 3 years. That is no easy feat no matter who your players are. It would actually be miraclous if he did so with poor squads. Its also very difficult to win WC and Euros even if you have the best team on paper. They totally dominated that era of International football.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Spain was better with Aragones in 08 than with del bosque in 10 and 12 though. del bosque simply continued the work of the man before him, he didnt do anything extraorinary with Spain, just what was expected of them

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Conte is a nobody on international stage who has yet everything to prove. It's disrespectful to put him in the same league with coaches who consistently put out results on the highest level of football, disregarding how much talent their squads might have had. Some enjoy their sandbox universe where coaches and players are judged in a vacuum based on arbitrary factors. But for me coach is only as good as the results he brings in the real world. Bonucci makes 5 good tackles against shitty EPL players and suddenly Conte is the best coach in the tournament. We can reevaluate him after the Euros.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)