Antonio Conte (22 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
One can love or hate conte for his character and media handeling and whatever your fucking problem is.

You cant trash the guy who played a major part in that historic title, and cumload of trophee's that followed the following 2 years.

I know this forum is filled with peasants and other filth. And its difficult to comprehend for them. But that winning mentality he instilled into the player core, will continue to be a keystone in any victory we get in the next 50 years.

You cannot overrate the importance of it.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
One can love or hate conte for his character and media handeling and whatever your $#@!ing problem is.

You cant trash the guy who played a major part in that historic title, and $#@!load of trophee's that followed the following 2 years.

I know this forum is filled with peasants and other filth. And its difficult to comprehend for them. But that winning mentality he instilled into the player core, will continue to be a keystone in any victory we get in the next 50 years.

You cannot overrate the importance of it.
I think you got it twistes around. Conte is where he is because he was a part of fortunate enough to play for a club that has the very essence of a winning mentality. Conte was named coach of the club at a time where that winning mentality was temporarely gone Thanks to the aftermaths of Calciopoli and he did a fantastic job of restoring it. Stating that Conte will be responsible for our succes for the next 50 years is ridiculoss.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think you got it twistes around. Conte is where he is because he was a part of fortunate enough to play for a club that has the very essence of a winning mentality. Conte was named coach of the club at a time where that winning mentality was temporarely gone Thanks to the aftermaths of Calciopoli and he did a fantastic job of restoring it. Stating that Conte will be responsible for our succes for the next 50 years is ridiculoss.
I think he makes a good point in the same way people will always consider Guardiola the master of beautiful tiki taka football and how Barcelona will always be under his shadow, and rightfully so.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think he makes a good point in the same way people will always consider Guardiola the master of beautiful tiki taka football and how Barcelona will always be under his shadow, and rightfully so.
Except that that was mostly cruyff's phylosophy, and Guardiola brought it back when the best possible generation was there.

its like Allegri would be juve's coach when we had Platini.

- - - Updated - - -

"Master of tiki taka" will do tbh. No need to call it beautifull :D

And Barcelona is yet to be more impressive then it was during their peak under guardiola

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
You are overating Contes contribution for Juve or underrating the history and mentality of the club. Contes did a good job and he was the Wright man at the wright time, but he dont have the place in Juves coaching history as Lippi or Trappatoni for example. When Conte took over, the club invested big in the squad, Agnelli, Marotta and Patratici had the 2 year at the club, the Juve stadium opened. What I am trying to say is tjat Juve would have been great again with or without Conte. It might take a little longer but it was going to happen thanks to the history, mentality and financial and organisational structurs within the club.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You are overating Contes contribution for Juve or underrating the history and mentality of the club. Contes did a good job and he was the Wright man at the wright time, but he dont have the place in Juves coaching history as Lippi or Trappatoni for example. When Conte took over, the club invested big in the squad, Agnelli, Marotta and Patratici had the 2 year at the club, the Juve stadium opened. What I am trying to say is tjat Juve would have been great again with or without Conte. It might take a little longer but it was going to happen thanks to the history, mentality and financial and organisational structurs within the club.
:tup:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It's possible to dislike Conte and still acknowledge his great contribution to the club. Like how we can all appreciate Matri's coppa goal while still acknowledging he's shit compared to the true champion, Quagliarella.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Conte's contribution at what could be perhaps one of the most trying times in our history, can never be overrated or undermined. There was absolutely no guarantee Juve would've returned to their former greatness had it been another coach, with the team that was on paper. Anyone can win you a title when you buy the best players or use a huge transfer kitty. But Conte did something different. It could've easily been Juve staring at years in oblivion before being a relevant club domestically or in Europe. It is here that Conte's influence went a long way in laying the right kind of foundation, and at the time, even with the benefit of hindsight, I can tell you there was no better man for the job, including Allegri.

It is wrong not to have gratitude towards the man who helped kickstart a new era of success for the club. Conte's work must be heralded, if not for the football, then for recreating the one thing that no amount of money can buy: champion mentality.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Conte's contribution at what could be perhaps one of the most trying times in our history, can never be overrated or undermined. There was absolutely no guarantee Juve would've returned to their former greatness had it been another coach, with the team that was on paper. Anyone can win you a title when you buy the best players or use a huge transfer kitty. But Conte did something different. It could've easily been Juve staring at years in oblivion before being a relevant club domestically or in Europe. It is here that Conte's influence went a long way in laying the right kind of foundation, and at the time, even with the benefit of hindsight, I can tell you there was no better man for the job, including Allegri.

It is wrong not to have gratitude towards the man who helped kickstart a new era of success for the club. Conte's work must be heralded, if not for the football, then for recreating the one thing that no amount of money can buy: champion mentality.
I think the point that Zach is implying but not saying is that Conte brought us back our identity because, of course, Conte had it as a player and captain of the club. As you say, Baggio, any other coach may not have done that. Even Ferrara didn't manage it and I strongly doubt that Allegri would have either. It's that identity which we have now and which is evident when we play against the biggest of European clubs and in the reputation of our players.

Hard working motherfuckers who are tough to break down. Nightmare for anybody to play against.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

:touched:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think the point that Zach is implying but not saying is that Conte brought us back our identity because, of course, Conte had it as a player and captain of the club. As you say, Baggio, any other coach may not have done that. Even Ferrara didn't manage it and I strongly doubt that Allegri would have either. It's that identity which we have now and which is evident when we play against the biggest of European clubs and in the reputation of our players.

Hard working motherfuckers who are tough to break down. Nightmare for anybody to play against.
That is exactly what i meant :beer:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If only these idiotic comments about Conte being overrated were spread around the forums in 2013, we would have lots and lots of laughs.

I don't give a shit about Chelsea or any other EPL team, but I do care about Conte, I care a lot. I'll cheer for Conte's Chelsea in any game that doesn't involve Juve.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

Conte was a key figure in the resurrection of Juve, along with the owners, management and the players. In Contes first year he had Buffon, Bonucci, Barza, Chiello, Licht, Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal and had the advantage of only playing once a week. So basically he had a WC goalkeeper, defense and midfield and a below par attack. The next year Pogba and Asamoah was added the following year Llorente and Tevez. Except for the first year he had the best squad in Italy so he hardly pulled of any miracles winning the scudetto 3 times in a row.
I think Conte did great here, but stating that he will be a key figure in the next 50 years of Juves history and comparing him to a man like Crueff, who changed football as a coach and a player, is a massive overrating of Contes impact for Juve and football in general.
In the next 50 years we will have ups and downs, but what will make us a winning time in general in those 50 years, is the winning mentality and history of the club and not Contes 3 year coaching of the club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)