Antonio Conte (18 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Plus we don't know exactly what went down either. Conte was a Juventino all his life. Think for a bit, folks.
He is a Juventino for life and agree with you... Juve isn't like La Liga or EPL soap opera where everyone is talking bullshit around. They all are gentlemen so we don't know exactly what happen there

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
i want you to write a 1500 word hist-essay about people who read goal.com comments.

:snoop:
The comments on Goal.com can be classified into two main categories. On-topic (about 30% of comments) and off-topic (about 70% of comments).

Those on topic can be classified into two further sub-categories: Poor grammar banter relevant to the article (90% of on-topic) and analysis (10%). Amongst the banter there is always one fella who will say that its pointless to fight and compare players.. and will urge the rest to just enjoy football and appreciate both sides.
On the rare occasion where the is a good analysis there will be someone that points out how its rare to find a decent post on goal.com.

Those off-topic can be divided into 4 sub-categories. The most annoying are the "my stepmother works from home and bought herself a ferrari. She earns 1k a day go to mystepmom.com. Thats about 20% of the off-topic.
The second sub-category of offtopic is the transformation of the discussion into Messi Vs Ronaldo and they have to use stupid nicknames like Penaldo and Taxessi to refer to the players. There will also be incomplete lists of records that each player achieved. Here again the fella who says we should enjoy both will make an appearance. Thats about 50% of the off-topic. Another 10% are those complaining about the Messi and Ronaldo discussion and how it has nothing to do with. The final subcategory (about 20%) are rakib-style posts with formations and transfers that are irrelevant to the discussion.

Now.. what can we say about those who read goal.com comments? I think there are three types of people that view the comments. One type is those who actually post on goal.com regularly. They have very little understanding of the game and are there primarily for the banter and trolling which they are poor at that too. Some try to actually be famous on the site. The only thing we can say about them is that they are sad kids with a lot of time on their hands.

Another type are those who read the comments even though they know they shouldn't and that nothing good will come of it. They somehow can't help themselves and they scroll down and see whats being written. Occasionally they will see something written that is so wrong and stupid that they have to post a response. They either have a lot of time on their hand or they get use goal as a distraction from doing their actual work. They are sadistic people. They know the comments will only be annoying and they know that if they respond nothing will come of it. The idiots will keep thinking what they are thinking and its very unlikely that they will check to see whether there was a response to them or not. It is an exercise of nihilist futility.

Finally, there those who read the comments only after games that have shocking results and they want to see meltdowns or to see how the public is reacting. They are not futile nihilists like the former group but they take pleasure in the misery of others especially if it was rival fans. Our friend here is a mix of the latter two personality types :D

Your welcome :D
:rofl: +rep you later.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Raz made some amusing comments, but to be totally fair they were a bit over the top. And he's doing this so consistently that it does get boring. If a moderator asks you to stop and you continue to do the same thing, you will get banned in the end. Let's not be victims here.
That's all fine, but I do mind him taunting the guys he gives bans to. He's in position of authority and has privilege to give punishments, therefore no need to come across as vengeful and spiteful with posts like "bye"...

As for Conte.. I think it should be easy to respect what he has done for this club. Three straight scudetti. Whether or not you like the man is something personal. I can't say I care much for his personality from what I've seen of it in the press.
I do respect what he did here. I just don't feel particularly attached to him and I see him as a bit of a two faced. He has shown his duplicity on numerous occasions over the years. Not exacly the type of person I'd idolize.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I hope he does better than Poop but worse than Ranieri.
I have nothing against Ranieri, but I see the irony in this.

Wishing success for someone who was partially responsible for Juve's post-calciopoli chaos (Ranieri) over someone who led us back to the top and set concrete foundations for years to come (Conte).

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Wishing success for someone who was partially responsible for Juve's post-calciopoli chaos (Ranieri) over someone who led us back to the top and set concrete foundations for years to come (Conte).
How was Ranieri responsible for the post Calciopoli chaos again? Sure he was no world beater and we would never have won anything with him, but he got us to Europe in the first go, got sacked when the team was in third. If anything chaos started after he was sacked.

Edit: In before the players were responsible for us performing well in the first year :D

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

:tup:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
icemaη;5231513 said:
How was Ranieri responsible for the post Calciopoli chaos again? Sure he was no world beater and we would never have won anything with him, but he got us to Europe in the first go, got sacked when the team was in third. If anything chaos started after he was sacked.

Edit: In before the players were responsible for us performing well in the first year :D
:agree: the free fall collapse started is on Ciro. But Ranieri did do some terrible moves like saying no to Alonso and bringing in Poulsen.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He gave us the two wins against Madrid (well Del Piero did :D) and got us in the CL both seasons with us, so he's always in my good books. It was the time to move on from him though, the problem was replacing him with Ferrara.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
icemaη;5231513 said:

I only said 'partially'. Agreeing with Secco to sign Amauri for 22m alone can contribute to that small part. but you got my point regarding wishing him success and not Conte.

Anyhow, I admired how Ranieri handled pressure most of the time and I really hope he wins the BPL with Leicester. He, above all, truly deserves it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)