Antonio Conte (37 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I dont understand

People are happy we have a better coach in Allegri now but still hold grudges against Conte in the way he left ? Dont we have a better solution now anyway ? Really,i thought it would've been long forgotten since we have a coach currently who is enabling us to compete with top teams.

Jun 6, 2015
I dont understand

People are happy we have a better coach in Allegri now but still hold grudges against Conte in the way he left ? Dont we have a better solution now anyway ? Really,i thought it would've been long forgotten since we have a coach currently who is enabling us to compete with top teams.
I feel it's the minority that will always hold grudges for whatever reason. Most people are totally fine with Conte nowadays.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's his fanboys that make it particularly hard to not dislike him and then you have situation when member gets thread banned for a little banter, something we see in Marotta's thread on a daily basis, followed by taunting the guy with "bye Raz".

I feel indifferent towards him though, like with most players that leave the club. It's almost as if they died.

Oct 23, 2011
Hate his character and will never respect him the way i did because of it, but wish him all the best at Chelsea. The EPL will be fun to watch next season, and i am already looking forward to his interviews in English, like the Italian van Gaal :D. He will obviously try to take a couple of players from our team, but i doubt our players would join him there, let alone management, who'd never alone such thing to happen. He will however try to bring Cuadrado back and, as far as i have an understanding of this deal, there is not much we can do, unless Cuadrado himself demands to be sold.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I would say that getting Chelsea back into the CL next season would probably be as difficult a job as getting Juve the Scudetto in his first season here. The competition he will be facing in the BPL, aside from Leicester's one in a million season, is going to be fierce, especially with both Manchester clubs having upgrades to their coaches as well.

If he can pull off a top 3 or 4 finish next year, that would be a great first step for him and Chelsea

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's his fanboys that make it particularly hard to not dislike him and then you have situation when member gets thread banned for a little banter, something we see in Marotta's thread on a daily basis, followed by taunting the guy with "bye Raz".

I feel indifferent towards him though, like with most players that leave the club. It's almost as if they died.
Yes bringing up family and kids into the discussion is banter, also how do you know people are not thread banned from marotta thread?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I guess it isn't possible to be forever grateful for helping us get back to where we needed to be, upset at how he left, thankful that we were able to get Allegri, and wish Conte success in the future.

I assume that hallway is too narrow for this to happen

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
http://www.football-italia.net/82361/conte-risks-six-months

Conte risks six months
By Football Italia staff

The Cremona prosecutor has requested that Italy CT Antonio Conte be handed six months in jail with a conditional suspended sentence.

The Coach is accused of failing to report match-fixing in a game between Albinoleffe and Siena in Serie B in the 2011, something he has always denied.

Today the prosecutor in the case, Roberto di Martino, requested that Conte be handed a six-month jail term, with conditional suspended sentence, as well as a fine of €8,000.

As the incoming Chelsea manager has opted for a fast-track trial, he could have his sentence reduced by one-third, but ANSA reports his lawyers will maintain his complete innocence and press for an acquittal.

In a fast-track trial [giudizio abbreviato], the defendant waives their right to present evidence at trial, instead leaving the judge of the preliminary hearing to pass judgement. This speeds up the often-lengthy Italian trial process, with the defendant given one-third off their sentence if convicted.

Today's request does not mean that Conte has been convicted of anything, as the judge in the trial will now consider the prosecutor's evidence, as well as that of the Coach, and decide whether to acquit, uphold the prosecutor's request or hand down a lighter sentence.

If the judge decides to convict, Conte would have the option of appealing to the Court of Appeal, then the Court of Cassation. Under Italian law, he would not be considered guilty until either all possible appeals had been rejected, or he accepted the verdict.

The ruling in the case is expected to be delivered in mid-May, potentially impacting on the Azzurri’s preparations for Euro 2016.
:snoop:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
only in italy can you be sent to jail for failing to notify of match fixing but be set free from actual match fixing by the statute of limitations

italy :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

can't stand him for how he left but if that's how the FIGC/italian football in general is going to treat him then good for him for bouncing to the EPL to get out of it :tup:

he owes italy or the FIGC nothing at all.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Hope he wins the league, but I also hope he fails every year in ChL for the shitty performances, he gave us, when we went out against Galatasaray.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
I hope he does better than Poop but worse than Ranieri.

I will always support italian coaches in other leagues (except mancini if he goes out of italy again, I hope he stays at merda and ruin them even more).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I guess it isn't possible to be forever grateful for helping us get back to where we needed to be, upset at how he left, thankful that we were able to get Allegri, and wish Conte success in the future.

I assume that hallway is too narrow for this to happen
Plus we don't know exactly what went down either. Conte was a Juventino all his life. Think for a bit, folks.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Raz made some amusing comments, but to be totally fair they were a bit over the top. And he's doing this so consistently that it does get boring. If a moderator asks you to stop and you continue to do the same thing, you will get banned in the end. Let's not be victims here.

As for Conte.. I think it should be easy to respect what he has done for this club. Three straight scudetti. Whether or not you like the man is something personal. I can't say I care much for his personality from what I've seen of it in the press.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
only in italy can you be sent to jail for failing to notify of match fixing but be set free from actual match fixing by the statute of limitations

italy :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

can't stand him for how he left but if that's how the FIGC/italian football in general is going to treat him then good for him for bouncing to the EPL to get out of it :tup:

he owes italy or the FIGC nothing at all.
So Conte's decision to leave Juve for NT is even more retarded then.

I'm just happy it's not about the club any more. Enough with those retarded accusations coming from losers that are pretty much everywhere in Italy, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)