Antonio Conte (65 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
That is not the point. You are using the gift of hindsight here.

What I am saying, is that in the summer of 2011 before Conte got hired, if Conte and Allegri were both available, and given both coaches CV at that time, it would have been incredibly difficult to justify hiring Conte over Allegri back then.

Would you have rather had a coach whose claim to fame was getting two clubs to Serie A and quitting on a club in the middle of a season, or a coach who the year previous had been named coach of the year at Cagliari, and had just won a scudetto?

What they did after that is irrelevant, because we are talking about that particular moment in time
:agree: If Allegri was available then, there was no way our management would have picked Conte (nor most people here, including myself). Especially trying one of our own in Ferrara and getting burned. People's opinion on Allegri (again, mine included) is mostly based on his second and third season in Milan. At that point in time, we'd have been obviously talking about Cagliari and Milan and how he stepped up to a top club and delivered.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
icemaη;4907884 said:
:agree: If Allegri was available then, there was no way our management would have picked Conte (nor most people here, including myself). Especially trying one of our own in Ferrara and getting burned. People's opinion on Allegri (again, mine included) is mostly based on his second and third season in Milan. At that point in time, we'd have been obviously talking about Cagliari and Milan and how he stepped up to a top club and delivered.
Thank you.

That is exactly my point.

I'm not stating that one is better than the other, nor am I using the benefit of hindsight either.

Its obvious that looking back, Conte was exactly what this club needed, but let's not forget that he did not have a sparkling reputation as a coach prior to coming on board.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Thank you.

That is exactly my point.

I'm not stating that one is better than the other, nor am I using the benefit of hindsight either.

Its obvious that looking back, Conte was exactly what this club needed, but let's not forget that he did not have a sparkling reputation as a coach prior to coming on board.
Nor will he have after he left :snoop:

:D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
That is not the point. You are using the gift of hindsight here.

What I am saying, is that in the summer of 2011 before Conte got hired, if Conte and Allegri were both available, and given both coaches CV at that time, it would have been incredibly difficult to justify hiring Conte over Allegri back then.

Would you have rather had a coach whose claim to fame was getting two clubs to Serie A and quitting on a club in the middle of a season, or a coach who the year previous had been named coach of the year at Cagliari, and had just won a scudetto?

What they did after that is irrelevant, because we are talking about that particular moment in time
Well that's not really relevant to what I was getting at the first place either...

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Can't we all just agree that Conte will forever be a Juve legend but unfortunately Euromaxxx is making him look like a huge pussy at the moment? Especially how Conte famously claimed that there would be no Italian team in CL semis for a LONG time.

Mar 10, 2009
Yet Conte beat him with that same squad (bar Pirlo) that won 10-11 scudetto in 11-12 with what was at the time a worse squad overall. Allegri has just improved upon Conte's work, it's not nearly as impressive (not saying he hasn't done a good job) as building such a strong squad after the shambles of 10-11 and earlier.

I think people keep forgetting how awful that AC Milan team really were, Allegri over achieved. He made players like KPB, ELS and Ballotelli look amazing

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Can't we all just agree that Conte will forever be a Juve legend but unfortunately Euromaxxx is making him look like a huge pussy at the moment? Especially how Conte famously claimed that there would be no Italian team in CL semis for a LONG time.
You should take a sabbatical from posting, Pedro

Mar 4, 2007
I think by now everyone said what they have to say about Conte and how he just left us. I also disapproved how he left us and wished him nothing but a failure for the rest of his career as a head coach. But now that we are in the semis and we are having a great season is time to move on and respect him for what he did at this club as a coach and player. Let's move on guys before we start sounding like ungrateful fucks more than we already are..

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think people keep forgetting how awful that AC Milan team really were, Allegri over achieved. He made players like KPB, ELS and Ballotelli look amazing
People are overrating that Milan team. It was basically Ibra and TS, while the rest were non factor. Juventus were more complete side.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That Milan team was the last bastion of defense before we took back our castle.

But it is indeed incredible how milan and inter have fallen. You cant recognize them. Very bad teams....and they are faar away from the CL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)