Antonio Conte (142 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
All said and done He left the worst way, unclassy exit. Allegri advanced Juventus further than he did. Conte is extremely butt hurt now, feeling like a Fernando Alonso.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Strikers: Ibrahimovic, Pato, Inzaghi, Maxi Lopez.
Second Strikers: Cassano, Robinho, Sharaawy.
Offensive Midfielders: Seedorf, Boetang, Aquilani.
Defensive Midfielders: Ambrosini, Nocerino, Gattuso, Flamini, Van Bommel, Muntari.
Central Defenders: Tiago Silva, Nesta, Mexes, Bonera, Yepes.
Fullbacks: Antonini, Zambrotta, Abate, Emanuelson, Mesbah, Taiwo.

That was definitely a very good squad with excellent depth and 2 absolutely world class players supported by very good players. They lacked proper fullbacks though. This squad should have cruised to the title. Ibra alone should win you the title forget the others.

You can also see the terrible management of the squad size. They had 8 central midfielders most of which were old and on very fat salaries. They also had 7 strikers :lol: No wonder they had a financial meltdown. Who the hell has 8 players in central midfield?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Roflmao

Pato was injured all the time
Maxi lopez was was Maxi useless
Inzaghi sometimes had a game
Seedorf was old and past it
Gattuso was old and past it
Mundari is black and past it
Mexes was fucking up
Bonera was mostly Bonera
Yepes is a joke
Zambrotta was pathetic compared to his juve days
Mesbah, was mostly bah
taiwo i dont even know who that is

Good squat ? Excellent depth ? very good players ?

Stop looking at names, look at times in their career.

2012 Milan had 2 absolute world class players, some good filler, and alot of oldies that were well past it most of the time. Lets compare

GK : Buffon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Abbiati
Fullbacks : Lichtsteiner and Evra are better then whatever milan had. Emanuelson wasnt a defender
Central defenders : Currently, Barzagli+Bonucci are as good as they were (but thats very arguably cause Nesta had some excellent games and T silva had the best season of his career)

Midfield : Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal are better then anything Milan had

Attack : Zlatan >>>>>>>>>>Tevez, Morata simular to what milan had

Again, that team was all about central defence+zlatan+allegri's tactical skills

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Roflmao

Mexes was $#@!ing up
Bonera was mostly Bonera
Yepes is a joke
Mesbah, was mostly bah

2012 Milan had 2 absolute world class players, some good filler, and alot of oldies that were well past it most of the time. Lets compare

GK : Buffon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Abbiati
Fullbacks : Lichtsteiner and Evra are better then whatever milan had. Emanuelson wasnt a defender
Central defenders : Currently, Barzagli+Bonucci are as good as they were (but thats very arguably cause Nesta had some excellent games and T silva had the best season of his career)

Wait are you comparing their 2011 squad with our current squad or with our 2011 squad? I'd definitely take our current squad over their 2011. If I could pick from their old squad today I'd only take Silva, Ibra, Cassano, Nesta and maybe Van Bommel.

you are also very harsh on seedorf and Gattuso. Sure they werent their younger selves (they used to be some of the best players in their positions 10 years ago) but even at that old age they were more than decent players.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Roflmao

Mexes was fucking up
Bonera was mostly Bonera
Yepes is a joke
Mesbah, was mostly bah

why are you comparing our 2015 squad to their 2011 squad? that's totally irrelevant.

Mar 10, 2009
Roflmao

Mexes was $#@!ing up
Bonera was mostly Bonera
Yepes is a joke
Mesbah, was mostly bah
Well said man, Milan were average. If it weren't for Ibra, T.Silva and EuroMax they would have ended up in the same position they're in now. In fact AC Milan were pretty much carrying dead weight post 2007, Ancelotti wasn't doing well with them anymore either. All the signings of Ibra and T.Silva did was delay the inevitable. I think getting rid of Lenardo didn't help either, he was a fantastic scout and should have stayed as one. B&G destroyed Milan completely, they should take the full blame for it. Had they bought good players after 2011 when they had just won Serie A with Allegri, perhaps it would have been them dominating Serie A.

Aug 1, 2003
:lol: everyone here talking as if they were there, to know all the going ons in the backroom.

Based on what Nedved said (who is actually INVOLVED in Juve's management), conte already expressed his interest to leave earlier, came back and finalised that decision after being asked to consider by the board.

And I respect Conte for at least being honest. what was the point in having a Coach who has lost motivation? what else was there for him to achieve? we were undefeated,3 scudetti, 102 points... I think he knew he could not take the team further than that.

And I am very glad we have appointed the right person as replacement who did take us further. But it's never a case of Conte vs Allegri. truth is one would not be where they are without the other - Allegri would not reach this far if Conte did not set the foundation and base for this team. If allegri took over in 2011/12, I am not so sure the team would've done as well then - Conte at the time was the right mind to inject the mentality of a Juventino. He is, after all, one, and was our Captain.

Everything worked out well for us, and timely in my opinion. No idea what Tuz is complaining about.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
In 2007 they were $#@!ing ace, world class

In 2012, both were pretty average.

And i was quite a fan of Gattuso and have ALOT of respect for Seedorfs career and achievements
you are making it seem that they were padoins running around the field. They were much better than that I assure you. Even good players like Aquilani were not as good as seedorf. Boetang was somehow a very effective player behind the strikers. Ambrosini was still very solid defensively. Van Bommel was still very very good. Cassano was still a very good player. The squad size was also huge. Flamini was a very good player for Arsenal Milan just never got the same out of him.

Our current squad is obviously better but their squad should have definitely won the scudetto.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Strikers: Ibrahimovic, Pato, Inzaghi, Maxi Lopez.
Second Strikers: Cassano, Robinho, Sharaawy.
Offensive Midfielders: Seedorf, Boetang, Aquilani.
Defensive Midfielders: Ambrosini, Nocerino, Gattuso, Flamini, Van Bommel, Muntari.
Central Defenders: Tiago Silva, Nesta, Mexes, Bonera, Yepes.
Fullbacks: Antonini, Zambrotta, Abate, Emanuelson, Mesbah, Taiwo.

That was definitely a very good squad with excellent depth and 2 absolutely world class players supported by very good players. They lacked proper fullbacks though. This squad should have cruised to the title. Ibra alone should win you the title forget the others.

You can also see the terrible management of the squad size. They had 8 central midfielders most of which were old and on very fat salaries. They also had 7 strikers :lol: No wonder they had a financial meltdown. Who the hell has 8 players in central midfield?
:lol: it's funny cause, in hindsight, it makes no sense that you post this team.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
:lol: everyone here talking as if they were there, to know all the going ons in the backroom.

Based on what Nedved said (who is actually INVOLVED in Juve's management), conte already expressed his interest to leave earlier, came back and finalised that decision after being asked to consider by the board.

And I respect Conte for at least being honest. what was the point in having a Coach who has lost motivation? what else was there for him to achieve? we were undefeated,3 scudetti, 102 points... I think he knew he could not take the team further than that.

And I am very glad we have appointed the right person as replacement who did take us further. But it's never a case of Conte vs Allegri. truth is one would not be where they are without the other - Allegri would not reach this far if Conte did not set the foundation and base for this team. If allegri took over in 2011/12, I am not so sure the team would've done as well then - Conte at the time was the right mind to inject the mentality of a Juventino. He is, after all, one, and was our Captain.

Everything worked out well for us, and timely in my opinion. No idea what Tuz is complaining about.

Well said. The knee-jerk reaction here is just out of butthurt. Just like those stupid death threats etc. People just need to let go.
There is no comparison between Conte and Allegri. Allegri wasn't even the best option for our management. He was just the best of the bunch of losers available at the time. Had there been a more acclaimed, high profile coach available back then, I bet we wouldn't even hear Allegri's name. Let alone having him as our coach.

But in the end, as you said, everything worked out just fine, so people need to MOVE ON.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I was upset when he eventually left. I was angry before he left. His constant washing of dirty laundry in public got annoying. His press conferences in his final year and especially towards the end of the season was pathetic and downright disrespectful. Some people like that kind of attitude. Their justification being that his attitude showed that he cared and the management didn't. I was disgusted by it. I thought the management were very patient with him and handled it as well as they could. It did hurt when he eventually left. Looked a big void to fill. Thankfully it all worked out.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
you are making it seem that they were padoins running around the field. They were much better than that I assure you. Even good players like Aquilani were not as good as seedorf. Boetang was somehow a very effective player behind the strikers. Ambrosini was still very solid defensively. Van Bommel was still very very good. Cassano was still a very good player. The squad size was also huge. Flamini was a very good player for Arsenal Milan just never got the same out of him.

Our current squad is obviously better but their squad should have definitely won the scudetto.
I think you're criminally underestimating the quality of our team back then. Consider that 8 players from 2011/12 squad (Buffon, Licht, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal) are still starting for today's CL semifinalist, players like Pirlo that were still in their prime and some others like Chiellini or Licht that as well were playing at higher level. The only significant recent change has been in our attack, but the core of the team is basically the same. People didn't believe in our team, just like they don't believe in it right now, therefore reaching CL semifinal is seen as exception, while in reality we're strong, resilient and difficult side to break. Conte was the final piece of the puzzle (respect for him to giving us the right mentality), but it wasn't any miracle that we triumphed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
icemaη;4908593 said:
I was upset when he eventually left. I was angry before he left. His constant washing of dirty laundry in public got annoying. His press conferences in his final year and especially towards the end of the season was pathetic and downright disrespectful. Some people like that kind of attitude. Their justification being that his attitude showed that he cared and the management didn't. I was disgusted by it. I thought the management were very patient with him and handled it as well as they could. It did hurt when he eventually left. Looked a big void to fill. Thankfully it all worked out.
Interesting thing you mentioned about his press conference. Before his ban he was cocky but in a witty way afterwards it was mostly anger and frustration

Dec 26, 2004
We didn't have a better squad than Milan in 2011. That's not even debatable.

I would have happily signed to a place in CL before the season started and I would have consider it a great achievement as most of the other fans here would. However, winning that Scudetto was the better pleasant surprise I had as a Juve fan, even better than beating fat Ronaldo to 2002 scudetto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 139)