Antonio Conte (31 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
For a coach to get the best out of a player. That player has to have the potential to begin with. Pirlo is a case where he clearly had the potential (as he has expressed it before for many years) but Conte brought him back to life.

There was much less evidence available that Barzagli was any good. He had one good season in Germany and then he was benched then discarded for free.
Vucinic wasn't having a good time at Roma either.

So yes Marotta obviously brought the players, but don't make it seem like any other coach could have gotten this much out of them. The players that Conte failed to get them to perform has been failing even more ever since they left.
Our own management said that the team was built for a top 3 finish and that by winning the scudetto we had won 3 years ahead of plan.Both Marotta and Conte did not expect things to go that well.

Again instilling a winning mentality and keeping it is not an easy task. Garcia is an example of a coach who breathed new life into the squad but struggled to retain that mentality.

Van Gaal is struggling with doing the same thing with a Mega $ squad. Madrid had a loser mentality against barca and in the CL before Mourinho changed that.

A good squad doesnt achieve results on its own. Certainly not a squad that hasnt challenged for a title for more than 5 years.
Garcia had other issues. Such as Benatia being sold, and Castan being out for the season, and Sabatini making colossal errors on the transfer market. Now, I don't Garcia is a very good coach, he's very inflexible tactically, much the same as Conte.

Conte didn't have any starters sold on him in his entire tenure at Juventus. He had fantastic continuity amongst players. Each summer he was here, Marotta and Paratici brought new starting XI players for him, that improved our squad quality.

First season starters brought in = 5: Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Pirlo, Vidal, Vucinic Key rotation players = 3: Matri, Cacares, Giach
Second season starters brought in = 1: Asamoah Key Rotation players = 2: Giovinco, Isla
Third season starters brought in = 2: Llorente, Tevez Key Rotation players = 1: Ogbonna

Looking at his third year here. Our management improved 7 of our starting 11, from the season before he arrived.

Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah, Vidal, Pirlo, Llorente, Tevez. All key starters in the last year Conte was here. All improvements on what was here in 2010. All brought in by our management. Conte was blessed to have such talented directors backing him.

- - - Updated - - -

Again when a coach thinks his team has peaked and that this is the best he could achieve with the squad, why the hell do you want him to stay?

Why not give room for another coach that believes he can achieve more with that squad?

So you are telling me that you'd prefer it if he had come out and said "this squad has peaked, I dont thing this group can achieve anything more. I am out" :D
Fans would literally kill him for $#@!ting on the team like that. Most people here were bothered when he said we cant compete with the european financial giants.
If he thought these things, and thought our management didn't have the proper ambition to win in Europe, and that this squad wasn't good enough... then he's a moron. A complete and utter imbecile. Delusional nutter. This squad easily had the talent to do what teams like Dortmund, Atletico, Chelsea(2013) have done. Our squad from last season, and even more so this season is easily good enough to win CL. Are we a favourite? No. But we're easily within the realm of possibility.

So if he actually quit because he thought we weren't good enough. He's a total moron.

If he quit because he didn't think he was good enough or experienced enough to take this team any further, than he should have said that, rather than throwing frequent hints that it wasn't him who was limited, but our players and squad and management that were limited.

THat's disgraceful fucking behaviour from a Juventus coach. Egotistical, narcissistic and pathetic. And I was one of his biggest defenders, even with regards to his European performances, because I thought he was motivated to prove just how good a manager he was, and how he would learn from his experiences and failures in Europe and grow from it. Instead, the club legend, acted disgracefully towards the club. And that's much worse than someone with no affiliation at all behaving that way. He owes the club and its fans an apology for his behaviour. And I will see him in a far more negative light until this is offered.

Buy on AliExpress.com

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
This sad attempt by Conte to victimize himself is becoming so annoying! I started hating the guy after I was one of his biggest supporters even post-Juve.

However, I do think John Elkan and Andrea Agnelli are trying to destabilize FIGC by all means necessary just for the sole purpose of getting back at Tavecchio, which as a non-Italian Juve fan, doesn't concern me a bit.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Garcia had other issues. Such as Benatia being sold, and Castan being out for the season, and Sabatini making colossal errors on the transfer market. Now, I don't Garcia is a very good coach, he's very inflexible tactically, much the same as Conte.

Conte didn't have any starters sold on him in his entire tenure at Juventus. He had fantastic continuity amongst players. Each summer he was here, Marotta and Paratici brought new starting XI players for him, that improved our squad quality.

First season starters brought in = 5: Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Pirlo, Vidal, Vucinic Key rotation players = 3: Matri, Cacares, Giach
Second season starters brought in = 1: Asamoah Key Rotation players = 2: Giovinco, Isla
Third season starters brought in = 2: Llorente, Tevez Key Rotation players = 1: Ogbonna

Looking at his third year here. Our management improved 7 of our starting 11, from the season before he arrived.

Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah, Vidal, Pirlo, Llorente, Tevez. All key starters in the last year Conte was here. All improvements on what was here in 2010. All brought in by our management. Conte was blessed to have such talented directors backing him.
Again in my previous post I already said that he obviously cannot get the best out of players who don't already possess the quality potentially. Every player has an upper limit of abilities that no coach can go beyond. No coach can make Tevez score 70 goals per season like Messi. But some coaches can manage him to score 25 goals and others can only manage him to get 10. An ideal coach is one who gets the most out of his players; the players Marotta supplies him with. Simeone is the best example of a coach that last season got 100% out of all his players. Tiago always had the potential in him but every coach that worked with him prior to Simeone has failed to get even decent football out of him.
Marotta did do a great job picking out players that the world have forgotten because of their bad form in previous years and Conte did a great job at getting them back to their best. ATM's director too has been doing a great job finding forgotten players, but Simeone got the most out of them. Both get credit for a job very well done.

Don't avoid my other arguments.
1) You said its a dick move to leave us citing lack of motivation and fatigue when the real reason was that he thought the squad has peaked and can achieve no more. I asked you if you would have been happier had he publicly stated the real reason and shat on our squad in public. Obviously the hate he'd receive would have been much worse.

2) You said he is working for the FIGC enemy, I said so is Buffon, Chiellini, Bonnucci, Pirlo, Marchisio etc...and so did Del Piero. Are they traitors? obviously not.

3) you used his real reason for leaving (that he thought he couldnt achieve anything better with the squad) as if its a bad thing against him. You yourself agree with him. You believe he doesnt have the right skills to make the team progress further. He agrees and so he packed his stuff and left. No sane fan would want a coach who thinks that he cant make progress and he didnt want to be such a coach and resigned. If he had stayed and repeated 2013 you'd be calling for his sacking. The day allegri or any other coach thinks that he cant take the team forward, I want him to leave or to get sacked. If he resigns I'll respect that and if he doesn't then I'll celebrate the leech's sacking.

4) Others are upset because he left halfway through pre-season. Nedved revealed that Conte had quit at the end of last season but that they told him to try the pre-season and leave if he doesn't feel satisfied. He tried and when he didnt feel fit for the job he resigned as per his agreement with management.

5) Conte's 2011 squad was made mostly of old talented players that have been with the club for years and vastly under-performing + new signings that were terribly under-performing elsewhere + Vidal and Licht?. Is getting this group (on their first season together to win Serie A undefeated against a pre-sales Ac-milan coached by a top manager like Allegri), an easy task that any good coach can achieve?

Address all the points that you disagree with here.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
If he thought these things, and thought our management didn't have the proper ambition to win in Europe, and that this squad wasn't good enough... then he's a moron. A complete and utter imbecile. Delusional nutter. This squad easily had the talent to do what teams like Dortmund, Atletico, Chelsea(2013) have done. Our squad from last season, and even more so this season is easily good enough to win CL. Are we a favourite? No. But we're easily within the realm of possibility.
this, even under conte we played toe to toe with real madrid with the right approach, yet somehow he still convinced himself that the team was not good enough -and even not good enough for europa league-? what kind of champion thought like that?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

So if he actually quit because he thought we weren't good enough. He's a total moron.

If he quit because he didn't think he was good enough or experienced enough to take this team any further, than he should have said that, rather than throwing frequent hints that it wasn't him who was limited, but our players and squad and management that were limited.

THat's disgraceful $#@!ing behaviour from a Juventus coach. Egotistical, narcissistic and pathetic. And I was one of his biggest defenders, even with regards to his European performances, because I thought he was motivated to prove just how good a manager he was, and how he would learn from his experiences and failures in Europe and grow from it. Instead, the club legend, acted disgracefully towards the club. And that's much worse than someone with no affiliation at all behaving that way. He owes the club and its fans an apology for his behaviour. And I will see him in a far more negative light until this is offered.
I am 70% with you here.
Conte did misevaluate the potential of our squad. A couple of pages back. I said even his 2012 season (same squad, younger pogba, no tevez and llorente) shows that the squad can obviously do better than 2013. Had we had an easy draw in the QF we would have made it into the semis too. My evaluation of the squad has always been one that should regularly be in the QF/SF stages in Europe and retain Serie A UNLESS we have a difficult draw like bayern.

Having said that I disagree about what you said with regards to Dortmund, Chelsea (2013) and ATM.
All three of these teams were massively punching above their weight and over-performing in their spectacular European runs. It took sublime genius from Klopp and simeone to reach those finals and insane luck for Chelsea to make it thus far. It is very unreasonable to demand from any coach to do what they did. It is possible, sure but to demand and expect it is something else entirely as its extremely improbable.

What we could reasonable demand from Conte and now Allegri is Serie A and QF/SF barring incredibly difficult draws in the last 16. If we were playing any of the giants instead of Monaco I'd be perfectly content with losing in the QF.

- - - Updated - - -

this, even under conte we played toe to toe with real madrid with the right approach, yet somehow he still convinced himself that the team was not good enough -and even not good enough for europa league-? what kind of champion thought like that?
I agree with this. He even didnt value his own work properly. His 2012 CL run and the madrid games show that he could do better with this team because he has already done better.

I think he had his eyes on winning the trophy though not just doing better than 2013. With regards to that he is right. Give him Madrid's squad and he'll obviously do better than with Juve's squad than with Siena's.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
5) Conte's 2011 squad was made mostly of old talented players that have been with the club for years and vastly under-performing + new signings that were terribly under-performing elsewhere + Vidal and Licht?. Is getting this group (on their first season together to win Serie A undefeated against a pre-sales Ac-milan coached by a top manager like Allegri), an easy task that any good coach can achieve?

Address all the points that you disagree with here.
I think most of us even those who hate conte right now realize and acknowledge that miraculous job conte did in 2011/2012 season, and perhaps it is only right that we all element of the club forever thank him for that; however I think that's just it, from there it went downhill... we started playing the worst football among top teams, struggling in europe later especially since bayern encounter, to the worst point that is failure to win europa league and how we reacted as if we aren't even worthy of europa league, we still won serie a with records yes but unfortunately the heritage this club has demands much more than that.... I mean it's okay to talk and behave like that if we are celtic or other poor 3rd class european teams... but this club belong in at very least the same as new plastic foreign money fueled teams like chelsea, city or even psg... who... I think we all know, have enough ambition for major european success, despite the fact that they were clubs with 3rd class history; and also again and again, it's proven that dortmund and atletico both managed to achieve something important and quite memorable in cl, so why we couldn't? more importantly would be why the head coach who supposedly to be our legend, one who actually won CL with us as a player (and went into 3 other finals), somehow keep insisting that we could not do better?

in the end, the more conte stayed the more he left us with unacceptable behaviors both in and out of the pitch, and actually especially after what we saw was possible about what the team capable of in the 1st season conte managed us... I mean how many of us back then after seen our conte inspired beautiful football, who suddenly felt like eureka, we finally at that time could have some confidence to achieve something significant in europe after the horror show 2 seasons before?

the fans deserved more from conte's team, especially in europe, the club heritage actually demands it, and yet conte himself continue acted in the contrary to that honor.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Can conte chose coach another team beside NT?
Can bonucci chiellini chose anothee national team beside NT?

Is there juventus coach who did what conte did while he is legend?

I do not know what happens.
But it is clear that relationship juve and conte broken down.

- - - Updated - - -

Can conte chose coach another team beside NT?
Can bonucci chiellini chose anothee national team beside NT?

Is there juventus coach who did what conte did while he is legend?

I do not know what happens.
But it is clear that relationship juve and conte broken down.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: some of the $#@! certain posters have said about Marotta over the years, unsanctioned and encouraged, totally let off the hook. But when we insult ConteSchettino, all hell breaks loose. Typical double standards from that dastardly mod, @X.
As always bro.
Conte is god.
Marotta always being conte's servant.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Damn, you bitches are quite the fickle bunch, aren't ya? See EuroMax's got you all drunk with them love potions, huh? Don't you come crying when you realize it was all just cocktails spiked with roofies and shit :D

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Damn, you bitches are quite the fickle bunch, aren't ya? See EuroMax's got you all drunk with them love potions, huh? Don't you come crying when you realize it was all just $#@!tails spiked with roofies and $#@! :D
Euromaxx had a tough challenge too. He came in to replace a legendary coach in the middle of pre-season and everyone was expecting him to fail and hating on him before he even started. I for one thought the pressure would be too much for him and thought that people would be asking for his head at the first sight of a draw or a loss. He kept his cool though and we are just as good as we used to be under Conte and if the dortmund second leg is not a fluke, we'd be better than any Conte team.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Damn, you bitches are quite the fickle bunch, aren't ya? See EuroMax's got you all drunk with them love potions, huh? Don't you come crying when you realize it was all just cocktails spiked with roofies and shit :D
The question is, if Mila Kunis would roofie your drink and fuck you, would you be remotely unhappy ?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You know tuz is fucked when a milan fan has more sense than 95% of the juve posters

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
To be fair I think milan fans would gladly take allegri back especially when the club is liked with the likes of ventura and sarri of all managers

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
If a person can't admit he made mistakes he will never learn from them and improve.

This is Conte, potential to be a great coach but he is his own worst enemy and can't see he needs to change some times to improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)