Antonio Conte (310 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I didn't admit to shit. I'm dead serious with every word of resentment towards him. I find him to be a 3rd rate coach that is extremely lucky to have had a great footballing career, who is riding on his big name. And got his accolades because of a shit league and great management. Conte ain't shit and won't be accomplishing shit in the foreseeable future if he doesn't change his petty ways.
I love you

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Look, Conte because of the 2011-12 season alone is one of the most important figures of the club. He was absolutely instrumental, along with the Stadium, to give the club the adequate mentality back. Let's remember the club was going through its absolute worst moment in history - we're talking about more than 100 years here.

You count in what he did as a player, and the 3 season winning - that's fucking HUGE.

On the other hand, he is clearly obssessed with himself, hugely narcisistic and he downplayed the club many times trying to preserv himself. And the way he left won't be forgotten. His antics are/were disgusting, and also his cowardness, refusing to go from that fucking 352, which set our bar really low at Europe.

But this must be put into context. His antics and narcisistic personality can't erase the huge things he's done to the club. What he did as a player / coach is so much bigger than some of the stupid things he said, or even than they way he left. We must preserve the club's legends, and he's definitely a top legend.

I know Italians are very sentimental, and his lack of loyalty was frustrating. But in the end, it's proabably for the best. Allegri does seem like a better coach at this point, in terms of field work. And that winning mentality Conte instilled was needed when he arrived - now it's in the club, from top to bottom. Now the club transforms guys into winners (like it always did), and not the contrary.

So I say I really really hope he gets a 5 minute standing ovation at the Stadium, and that videos of him winning with the club are shown. This is so much bigger than all that shit talk. Conte is not and will never be an enemy of the club. He really should be appreciated as the legend he is, narcisistic or not. Maybe hiring a narcisistic was exactly what Agnelli had to do at that time.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Good to see that some more are opening their eyes towards Conte.

The dude is a legend, he for sure took us out of that shitdy loser mentality from those 2 horrid seasons...won everything with Juve and then won some more as a coach for us...

But turth to be told... he was not going to take us anywhere else. He is limited as a coach..but his worst is his personality and his ego. I want his defenders to please be aware of this. I know some here are goin way overboard against him...but he is receiving all the shid not because people just wanna hate on him for no reason.

The character that i believed was his trademark as a good coach.. is what really hampers him as a coach and as a man.

Luckily he is not with us anymore..i would not have resisted one more season of senseless 352. I barely could withstand it in his last half season with us.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, Conte because of the 2011-12 season alone is one of the most important figures of the club. He was absolutely instrumental, along with the Stadium, to give the club the adequate mentality back. Let's remember the club was going through its absolute worst moment in history - we're talking about more than 100 years here.

You count in what he did as a player, and the 3 season winning - that's $#@!ing HUGE.

On the other hand, he is clearly obssessed with himself, hugely narcisistic and he downplayed the club many times trying to preserv himself. And the way he left won't be forgotten. His antics are/were disgusting, and also his cowardness, refusing to go from that $#@!ing 352, which set our bar really low at Europe.

But this must be put into context. His antics and narcisistic personality can't erase the huge things he's done to the club. What he did as a player / coach is so much bigger than some of the stupid things he said, or even than they way he left. We must preserve the club's legends, and he's definitely a top legend.

I know Italians are very sentimental, and his lack of loyalty was frustrating. But in the end, it's proabably for the best. Allegri does seem like a better coach at this point, in terms of field work. And that winning mentality Conte instilled was needed when he arrived - now it's in the club, from top to bottom. Now the club transforms guys into winners (like it always did), and not the contrary.

So I say I really really hope he gets a 5 minute standing ovation at the Stadium, and that videos of him winning with the club are shown. This is so much bigger than all that $#@! talk. Conte is not and will never be an enemy of the club. He really should be appreciated as the legend he is, narcisistic or not. Maybe hiring a narcisistic was exactly what Agnelli had to do at that time.
maybe not going to happen anytime soon after all thats happening.

I agree with you on your comments...im also happy he is gone, and he indeed did very great things for us...maybe without him, we would no have rebirthed as the warrior team juve is.

But what he is doing right now...is adding a lot of enemies to his list...enemies that noce were his fans. I think that if this continues...he will really get a rought reputation with the juve fan base...and that would be ugly...but above all...sad.
He needs to be very careful.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I still consider Marotta and Paratici far more important to the 2011-12 season. They basically rebuilt the team entirely between the winter mercato with Matri and Barzagli coming in, and the summer mercato with Vidal, Pirlo, Vucinic, Lichtsteiner coming in. They basically gave Conte an entirely new team, 5 new starters, plus Matri, including a Pirlo that was a top 5 player in the world that year, and a Barzagli that turned into the best CB in Serie A.

Conte instilled the winning mentality, but Marotta and Paratici did a legendary job in those transfer windows to basically give him half of a starting team. If Conte came in and had the squad from 2010-11, he would have failed miserably, I have not a doubt in the world with regards to that. Mind you, so would pretty much any coach in the world. That squad was appalling.

Some people are seriously misguided in thinking that Conte came in and turned that 2010-11 squad into undefeated scudetto winners. We spent 100 million in the summer of 2011 on rebuilding the squad for our new coach.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Good to see that some more are opening their eyes towards Conte.

The dude is a legend, he for sure took us out of that $#@!dy loser mentality from those 2 horrid seasons...won everything with Juve and then won some more as a coach for us...

But turth to be told... he was not going to take us anywhere else. He is limited as a coach..but his worst is his personality and his ego. I want his defenders to please be aware of this. I know some here are goin way overboard against him...but he is receiving all the shid not because people just wanna hate on him for no reason.

The character that i believed was his trademark as a good coach.. is what really hampers him as a coach and as a man.

Luckily he is not with us anymore..i would not have resisted one more season of senseless 352. I barely could withstand it in his last half season with us.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe not going to happen anytime soon after all thats happening.

I agree with you on your comments...im also happy he is gone, and he indeed did very great things for us...maybe without him, we would no have rebirthed as the warrior team juve is.

But what he is doing right now...is adding a lot of enemies to his list...enemies that noce were his fans. I think that if this continues...he will really get a rought reputation with the juve fan base...and that would be ugly...but above all...sad.
He needs to be very careful.
Yes, this may happen because Italians are so sentimental.

I mean, the hating is not irrational. Conte did and said a lot of stupid and arrogant stuff.

But it just can't overshadow what he did for this club. If he doesn't feel grateful towards the club, it's his problem. The fans must go through this and show appreciation.

I mean, I absolutely hated how Del Piero was treated in the end. It was lame. Conte was a big part of it. Del Piero was a truly gentleman for putting that up without saying a thing. And then Agnelli comes and says that the guy was retiring before he said anything about it. It was really sad to see.

It has nothing to do with fans, but I really hope most fans at the Stadium would appreciate what he did.

The problem is... Juve Stadium should not be hosting an Italy game at all. Our real enemy is FIGC & Inter & media. All of them who conspirated to Calciopoli and who keep feeding the hatred. Conte is not an enemy, he's part of the club. FIGC is an enemy.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

You count in what he did as a player, and the 3 season winning - that's $#@!ing HUGE.

On the other hand, he is clearly obssessed with himself, hugely narcisistic and he downplayed the club many times trying to preserv himself. And the way he left won't be forgotten. His antics are/were disgusting, and also his cowardness, refusing to go from that $#@!ing 352, which set our bar really low at Europe.

So I say I really really hope he gets a 5 minute standing ovation at the Stadium, and that videos of him winning with the club are shown. This is so much bigger than all that $#@! talk. Conte is not and will never be an enemy of the club. He really should be appreciated as the legend he is, narcisistic or not. Maybe hiring a narcisistic was exactly what Agnelli had to do at that time.
What lack of Loyalty? he is coaching Juve's national team not a rival. He quit because he thought he wont be able to give his best anymore. Would you rather he stayed while not being motivated and not giving his all?

He did an honorable thing in leaving when he thought that he wasn't fit for the job anymore. The timing is what upsets people and as things turned out it didnt cause us any trouble and we signed a very competent coach immediately after Conte left. Even our management itself said that they convinced him to stay for most of the pre-season and that he wanted to leave at the end of last season.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Yes it was the timing.

I don't think it's that honorable at all. He had signed a 2 year contract 1 year before. How leaving after the first year is honorable? He thought he couldn't do it anymore, and didn't want to harm his career having a bad year at Juve before leaving.

I mean, the fact he left is OK. Not honorable, but not a shame. It's his right, as of any employee.

But even though Marotta said they were trying to convince he guy to stay, he left at the first day in preseason, ffs. Had he left 1 week before, it would be a bit less worse. Leaving at the first day of preseason is never OK.

And he never gave a true reasoning to fans. That was also a lack of respect.

So all in all, yes, it was lack of loyalty IMO. Not what he did, but how he did it. It was bad. Reminds me of LeBron's "decision". Leaving is his right. But how you do it has a huge impact on fans and the club.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What lack of Loyalty? he is coaching Juve's national team not a rival. He quit because he thought he wont be able to give his best anymore. Would you rather he stayed while not being motivated and not giving his all?

He did an honorable thing in leaving when he thought that he wasn't fit for the job anymore. The timing is what upsets people and as things turned out it didnt cause us any trouble and we signed a very competent coach immediately after Conte left. Even our management itself said that they convinced him to stay for most of the pre-season and that he wanted to leave at the end of last season.
It could have gone the other way around...with Allegri suking major balls and getting us straight to milan levels.

It would have been even worse for Juve and Conte

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
We were crushing the league with Conte and didn't really figure it out in the CL until Allergi changed the formation. This entire forum was basically calling for the change. Wow, what tactical brilliance.
The most important thing was the change in mentality imo. With conte we always dined with those 10 euros, and he was constantly talking about us being weak and light years behind (not saying it's not true, but maybe the players would respond better to other tactics?). Allegri changed that mentality in Europe. And it was very obvious in Dortmund game, not only from the score, but how confident were the players.

- - - Updated - - -

It's crazy how so many Juventini can hate a Juve legend like Conte. I didn't like his tactics, but the hate is truly out of control. It's shameful, really.
Considering your stance on azzurri you shouldn't point any fingers here.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I still consider Marotta and Paratici far more important to the 2011-12 season. They basically rebuilt the team entirely between the winter mercato with Matri and Barzagli coming in, and the summer mercato with Vidal, Pirlo, Vucinic, Lichtsteiner coming in. They basically gave Conte an entirely new team, 5 new starters, plus Matri, including a Pirlo that was a top 5 player in the world that year, and a Barzagli that turned into the best CB in Serie A.

Conte instilled the winning mentality, but Marotta and Paratici did a legendary job in those transfer windows to basically give him half of a starting team. If Conte came in and had the squad from 2010-11, he would have failed miserably, I have not a doubt in the world with regards to that. Mind you, so would pretty much any coach in the world. That squad was appalling.
I completely disagree. Vidal and maybe Licht were the only players coming off good seasons. Pirlo, Barzagli and Vucinic were terrible and Conte should receive a lot of credit for getting the best out of them. Their valuations were all close to nothing for a reason. No one wanted them. I find it very hard to believe that just any good coach could have gotten out of them and the likes of estegbarria, Matri, Quags and giacherrini that many good performances. No one (including our own management) expected us to challenge Milan for a reason.

Even assuming that the squad was always already made of fantastic players coming off of great seasons, getting any squad with that many new players to go on an unbeaten season is very difficult and almost never happens. Doing that in your first season at the club after its had not challenged for any title for 4 years and has been absolute shit for 2 is even more exceptional. Manchester United today has a fantastic squad that has not been performing upto standard despite amazing signings. They have brought in a world class coach like Van Gaal and he is still struggling to get them to click enough to get a top-four finish let alone win the league or challenge for it.

Inter today has a very good squad (by Serie A standards) and have had 2 competent coaches and yet both have so far failed to get them to click or to instill a winning mentality.

It takes exceptional talent to instill a winning mentality and thats what Conte gave us. He made the group into winners and stayed long enough to maintain that winning mentality.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Dude, he is infact coaching the team run by our BIGGEST enemy. The disgusting FIGC...the same organisation who nearly fucked his career 3 years ago. Some great "memory of an elephant" he has.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that extra year of Champions League experience is crucial. In the group stages you only have six games, so if you mess up it is difficult. Real Madrid are favourites for to spot, so on paper you could say that Juventus and Galatasaray will fight for second – but Copenhagen can give us all problems.
:rofl: the more things change...

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I love it how we pissed the fucker off :lol:

From the fans to the owner. Anything would have done it, even a stupid reason like Marchisio's injury, to attack him. He was blamed for no good reason and it pissed him off. Now he realized that we'll haunt him till the end.
And now there is war. Knowing how arrogant and egoistic he is, he won't be able to get over this. Now he'll be obsessed by Juve, trying to hit back at the club. We'll keep fucking around with him. He'll start hating on us. He will do everything to beat us. He'll accept a job in Milan or Inter. And we'll beat his team. Then he will start blaming the referees for helping Juve.
Eventually he'll become a Zeman, in every possible way.
:lol:

That would be epic :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

and then after he got dumped into the 10 euro restaurant (europa league) he still didn't even try to get the best menu (winning it on our home) instead he preferred to smash the meaningless record on 1 euro kebab eating competition (serie a).
This is fucking gold :lol:

Hope that pathetic balding two faced backstabing cunte is reading this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 294)