Antonio Conte (26 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Given the culture around which he played competitive sports I think he will definitely coach a rival team. Lippi, Capello, Ancelotti all did it and Conte won't be able to convince Italians about his quality without doing it with another team.

I remember Raiola saying Ibra is the best because he won with different clubs, similar arguments have been used to downplay Messi. Also Camoranesi apparently said this today: 'Let’s see how he does with another club, we’ll take him when we’re sure he can make a difference.’
This is about Dybala but you can see the mentality there.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
His loyalty comes with a certain price and he was given 2 improved contracts here in a span of 3 years. Hypothetically if his spell with Italian NT ends abruptly (this sounds familiar) or he fails to obtain important results (more likely due to the crappy state of Italian NT, lack of genuinely talented players) that would make the other big European clubs bid for his signature, he'll find himself in an akward position. Move abroad, the one that he'd prefer, would become improbable, while I highly doubt that he'd be relishing a prospect of coaching mid table Serie A team, mostly due to the fact that these couldn't grant him more than 1m of salary per season. Money is important in his case as shown so far. The only clubs able to offer him decent salary would be Milan or Inter and both are likely to go for him, as after the scrubs that have been coaching them in recent years Conte would be seen as appealing prospect. He is a very good coach after all, despite the grudge that some of us hold. Nonsensical is to believe he'd reject proposal from Milanese clubs, but accept the likes of Lazio or Viola because of his former ties with Juve.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
was his performance better than what allegri is doing now? With an out of form Pirlo, Vidal and Barzagli gone all season.and can he bring italy NT into glory?
We should have had at least 6 more points, the missed penalty by Vidal and last week against Roma. If he were still manager we'd up by 20 points And been playing Europa League instead of Champions League.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What we all know, is that Conte is all about Conte. Always has been, always will.

If Calciopoli had happened while Conte was here, he would have been the first one packing his bags to go to Inter.

He's no Nedved, DP, Buffon... He's a legend, but an egotistical, selfish one.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
CL at all cost.

Maybe not at all cost but that is our highest priority of we want the Juve name to reach its former glory.
Definitely. For financial reasons more than anything. The extra revenue we make by finishing 1st instead of second in Serie A is probably much less than the difference between a quarter final or last 16 finish and a group stage exit (Or so I think).

Also in commercial terms, I think an extra serie A title on the back of four previous ones gives less of an increase in number of fans than the increase that good CL runs would get us. I am sure it also matters more to our sponsors to get european exposure than just italian.

We need to keep challenging for Serie A consistently while getting past the group stage on a regular basis until we have the financial power to compete with the rich folk. At the very least until we could buy 1 star player per window that isn't finished or kicked out of his team due to injury, poor form discipline etc..

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Badass will start supporting Milan if it happened.
Fag_ass Muntari

with his level of juve-bitching and allegri hating he will be an overlord across there...they will use his pimp photo (have u seen it?) as forum wallpaper...they will create rainbow coloured mod username...not black or blue or green...when he sleeps the forum is closed..when he awakes it is online again...he will be their air, their food, their water...the helpful bacteria in their intestinal tract..

gonna take that infraction on my chest cuz...

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What we all know, is that Conte is all about Conte. Always has been, always will.

If Calciopoli had happened while Conte was here, he would have been the first one packing his bags to go to Inter.

He's no Nedved, DP, Buffon... He's a legend, but an egotistical, selfish one.
First off, leaving Juve when they hit Serie B is not a selfish act. A player that chooses not to sacrifice his career for a club is not necessarily a selfish player. Some players left to better clubs like Madrid and Barca while others went to our direct rivals. They are not all the same. Players who did choose to stay are very much praised and loved for that. Why? because they did the unexpected out of loyalty to the club. What they did for us was great because it is unexpected and is unusual for a footballer to do.

I also don't think he would have went to Inter. He would have left probably yes but probably to EPL or to NT

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Totally a selfish act. They had to sacrifice one year to get back to Serie A. Bunch of disloyal turds.

And Conte would have done the same as a player. If Calciopoli had happened in 1999 or 2000, Conte would have been gone like a bat out of hell. And probably straight to Inter or Milan.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
First off, leaving Juve when they hit Serie B is not a selfish act. A player that chooses not to sacrifice his career for a club is not necessarily a selfish player. Some players left to better clubs like Madrid and Barca while others went to our direct rivals. They are not all the same. Players who did choose to stay are very much praised and loved for that. Why? because they did the unexpected out of loyalty to the club. What they did for us was great because it is unexpected and is unusual for a footballer to do.

I also don't think he would have went to Inter. He would have left probably yes but probably to EPL or to NT
wat?

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Totally a selfish act. They had to sacrifice one year to get back to Serie A. Bunch of disloyal turds.

And Conte would have done the same as a player. If Calciopoli had happened in 1999 or 2000, Conte would have been gone like a bat out of hell. And probably straight to Inter or Milan.
if he cant go further with a record setting winning team as a coach i doubt he wouldve stuck around in serie b as a player

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
With all due respect to Conte. i respect him for all he did with us. but tbh i don't see any inferiority in Allegri's team to miss Conte. i don't see him offering anything new. however with Allegri i feel we are more comfortable at the CL.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Conte originally gave us a winning mentality, then for some reason he fucked that up in Europe by telling everybody and their mothers how we were 7th not so long ago and we don't have the resources to compete.

I'm glad we moved on from him, not because I think Allegri is better but because Conte had ran out of tricks and whilst i'm fine with a boring style of play that brings results, playing tear inducing slow motion football and doing shit in Europe is my limit.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Does anyone honestly think we would have beaten Dortmund with Conte? I have my doubts, I reckon we'd have lost that game and been susceptible all game to their counter attacks. Conte is a better coach than Allegri, but Allegri makes us play smarter and more "European" which helps us in the CL.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Does anyone honestly think we would have beaten Dortmund with Conte? I have my doubts, I reckon we'd have lost that game and been susceptible all game to their counter attacks. Conte is a better coach than Allegri, but Allegri makes us play smarter and more "European" which helps us in the CL.
With Conte we wouldn't have made it out of group stage. Remember how we fapped over 4-3-1-2 against Olympiacos as Allegri showed a learning process? There is no such thing with Conte.
When it comes to motivation, tho, Conte is superior. With him we used to destroy all the small teams in Serie A at ease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)