Antonio Conte (319 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I talked shit about Allegri because I didnt think he is good enough coach (doubt still he is), very limited for most of his career though mostly safe medium choice, relatively decent job with us so far in very ideal working conditions for him to take over from being the huge factor.
:sergio:

You might wanna look it up how he fared with his previous teams before uttering this nonsensical crap.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is litterally no chance of playing nice with a pompous loser like this.

Whats the point of deleting everything and not the post that started it all?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I joined the forum a bit late in this respect for sure, but even during the 2013 season Allegri was still the target of a lot of complaints because of his constant "Gol di Muntari" comments during the 2012 season. I mean it's completely normal fan behaviour, but we should at least recognize for what it is (not talking about you here). And I wasn't exactly convinced by Allegri's appointment either, far from it, he's certainly changed my mind since he came here.

Agree with the rest btw.
One thing is talking shit about Juventus when you don't have a history here, both as a player and a coach. Gol di Muntari was just hilarious for us and gave Milan something to bitch about. Conte leaving Juve the way he did and then running his mouth every opportunity he gets is just a whole nother level of distasteful.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
One thing is talking shit about Juventus when you don't have a history here, both as a player and a coach. Gol di Muntari was just hilarious for us and gave Milan something to bitch about. Conte leaving Juve the way he did and then running his mouth every opportunity he gets is just a whole nother level of distasteful.
:agree:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
People can dislike Conte's character or nature, how he says things, but what he has done as coach he has fully earned with sheer winning mentality and utter competence. He needs to grow more as a coach and part of that is dropping the stubborness, or the Mourinho like attitude or perscution complex, but I dont doubt he will bounce back and excell again when he finds the right job. Naive to think the NT gig would been any different then what it has been.
Not really my friend, he was already eliminated in his head in Europe before playing.

He even complained about his squad and the differences BEFORE Juve were knocked out. If I am a player and I feel my coach is playing Champions League just for the sake of it without even believing that he could win it, then he's no winner IMO.

Allegri hasn't done in Serie A as much as Conte so far but the man doesn't fear or play his card excuses before any CL match.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That I agree. But that was the stubbornness, ego mixed with weird sense of ambition talking. He didn't say that in first season, but later on when he couldn't adapt tactically it became an elaborate excuse, plus a way to put pressure on the board for having different ambitions to him when it came to kinda improvements he wanted to catch up to the bigger clubs. Kinda became a self-fulfilling prophecy...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That I agree. But that was the stubbornness, ego mixed with weird sense of ambition talking. He didn't say that in first season, but later on when he couldn't adapt tactically it became an elaborate excuse, plus a way to put pressure on the board for having different ambitions to him when it came to kinda improvements he wanted to catch up to the bigger clubs. Kinda became a self-fulfilling prophecy...
I honestly thought Juve squad (Under Conte) specially in 2nd and 3rd season was a strong team, even stronger than Porto's Mourinho, Benitez Liverpool or aged Milan in 2006 or 2007 (At least physically much better than Mid 30's Ancelotti's Milan).

Take Atletico Madrid for instance and Diego Simeone, individually they don't have better players than Juve, but as a team they are slightly better and that's because Simeone fears no one and he planted this in his squad which is why they were only 1 or 2min away from winning CL last season beside La Liga which was already secured a week before.

Conte knew from the start what the management is capable of and their transfer strategy, yet he blamed the management indirectly every-time he lost in Europe.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Conte knew from the start what the management is capable of and their transfer strategy, yet he blamed the management indirectly every-time he lost in Europe.
Not only management, but he pointed fingers at the team too. Not directly, but he did. Saying every possible time that the team is not good enough will not look good. Specialy when the team is used to the thought that they are good (serie a).

All in all, I thank him for what he has done in Italy and the he brought as back to relative team, but after that he has no sympathy from me.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Not only management, but he pointed fingers at the team too. Not directly, but he did. Saying every possible time that the team is not good enough will not look good. Specialy when the team is used to the thought that they are good (serie a).

All in all, I thank him for what he has done in Italy and the he brought as back to relative team, but after that he has no sympathy from me.
Add to that he played the best 11 in the league while talking about squad weakness. Why didn't he rest them so that he can gain that slight fitness advantage? I will never forget Vidal limping against Sassuolo just ahead of our second match against Benfica.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not really my friend, he was already eliminated in his head in Europe before playing.

He even complained about his squad and the differences BEFORE Juve were knocked out. If I am a player and I feel my coach is playing Champions League just for the sake of it without even believing that he could win it, then he's no winner IMO.

Allegri hasn't done in Serie A as much as Conte so far but the man doesn't fear or play his card excuses before any CL match.

Well, in a couple of months, Allegri could very well do something that Conte has not yet done in Serie A, and that is win the scudetto with two different clubs.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Well, in a couple of months, Allegri could very well do something that Conte has not yet done in Serie A, and that is win the scudetto with two different clubs.
Not to throw jab at Conte, but Allegri did have a reasonable success with mid table side like Cagliari prior to getting appointed at Milan, where considering the unfavorable circumstances did his task rather well. Conte's noteworthy experience was Serie B promotion before we decided to take a gamble on him. Always thought that Allegri's work was underrated. Time will tell I guess.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not to throw jab at Conte, but Allegri did have a reasonable success with mid table side like Cagliari prior to getting appointed at Milan, where considering the unfavorable circumstances did his task rather well. Conte's noteworthy experience was Serie B promotion before we decided to take a gamble on him. Always thought that Allegri's work was underrated. Time will tell I guess.

What bothers me is the thought that what I said was a jab at Conte.

I love Conte and what he did at Juve. Everyone knows that.

I hated how he left, and I hated how the majority of people gave him full credit for all of Juve's success for the past three years. Everyone knows that too

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

I hated how he left, and I hated how the majority of people gave him full credit for all of Juve's success for the past three years. Everyone knows that too
:tup:

Sorry about my post, just got tired of seeing all the nonsensical Conte-Allegri comparisons day in day out, and vented my frustration about it at a target that didn't deserve it.

Agree with your statements on Conte here btw.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:tup:

Sorry about my post, just got tired of seeing all the nonsensical Conte-Allegri comparisons day in day out, and vented my frustration about it at a target that didn't deserve it.

Agree with your statements on Conte here btw.

No problem, man.

I figured that was residual contempt aimed at me because I preferred Stillmatic to Illmatic

Oh wait. That reminds me

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel the same way.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
No problem, man.

I figured that was residual contempt aimed at me because I preferred Stillmatic to Illmatic

Oh wait. That reminds me
Nah, I wouldn't hold something like that against you. My pity for you for not being able to enjoy the masterpiece that was Nas' debut properly is way too strong for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 314)