Antonio Conte (91 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
With Conte we wouldn't have made it out of group stage. Remember how we fapped over 4-3-1-2 against Olympiacos as Allegri showed a learning process? There is no such thing with Conte.
When it comes to motivation, tho, Conte is superior. With him we used to destroy all the small teams in Serie A at ease.
That's because Conte only had one speed. Insane. He treated each game against each minnow in Serie A as though it were a title tilt. He treated matches against relegation strugglers the exact same as knockout matches in Europe. It caused the pressure to build too high, and our players always looked uncomfortable and shell-shocked in Europe whenever anything went the slightest bit off.

Allegri seems to understand that there is a difference between a CL match with Dortmund and a home tilt against Sassuolo or Parma. Our players look more at ease in Europe this year, and better able to handle the circumstance and pressure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
That's because Conte only had one speed. Insane. He treated each game against each minnow in Serie A as though it were a title tilt. He treated matches against relegation strugglers the exact same as knockout matches in Europe. It caused the pressure to build too high, and our players always looked uncomfortable and shell-shocked in Europe whenever anything went the slightest bit off.

Allegri seems to understand that there is a difference between a CL match with Dortmund and a home tilt against Sassuolo or Parma. Our players look more at ease in Europe this year, and better able to handle the circumstance and pressure.
Good point. I remember after our defeat in Genoa Allegri justified his subs by explaining he had been settling for a draw and everybody went bazonkers over it. Like how he dares to not punch the team for a 3-0, we are Juventus and so on. It seems as Allegri actually differentiates between the importance of games. So I wonder why he wouldnt give our CM some rest in Palermo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Good point. I remember after our defeat in Genoa Allegri justified his subs by explaining he had been settling for a draw and everybody went bazonkers over it. Like how he dares to not punch the team for a 3-0, we are Juventus and so on. It seems as Allegri actually differentiates between the importance of games. So I wonder why he wouldnt give our CM some rest in Palermo.
I think part of this is the fact we're missing both Pirlo and Pogba already, and Sturaro is recovering from an injury. We don't know exactly who is playing quite yet, but I'm hoping somehow for Marchisio to get a rest, however unlikely.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
With Conte we wouldn't have made it out of group stage. Remember how we fapped over 4-3-1-2 against Olympiacos as Allegri showed a learning process? There is no such thing with Conte.
When it comes to motivation, tho, Conte is superior. With him we used to destroy all the small teams in Serie A at ease.
Oh yeah, no doubts about that in my mind. Conte is a superior man-manager. Players would run through brick walls for him (in b4 @Martin) and we performed quite a few comebacks as well in Serie A under his tenure. But he really didn't give us a whole lot of confidence before our CL games.

In terms of tactics, something happened to Conte in early 2012. I remember the first 6 months of the 11/12 season, he experimented with 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and then he got the 3-5-2 stuck in his brain (which of course worked in Serie A, but wasn't suited to CL football) and would just refuse to budge and would rarely make any adjustments to it. I remember he used a 4-3-3 against Real Madrid and it worked great. Even though we didn't win either game against them, it was easily the best we played in Europe that season. He'd underrate and talk down about us constantly, and always blabbed on about the high-revenue clubs like Bayern, Barca, Madrid etc. He gave himself (and the team) an excuse to lose before a ball was even kicked in anger.

So far, Allegri hasn't done this once. So in that sense, I think Allegri is better than Conte to deal with European football, he tries to alter things in game tactically and shows a bit more balls to switch things up. It was refreshing to hear him say "we must be at minimum a top 8 team in Europe"

I just hope we manage to negotiate the Dortmund tie (which is going to be extremely difficult) then hope for an "easier" draw in the QF against Monaco or Porto, both whom would be quite beatable IMO.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Fag_ass Muntari

with his level of juve-bitching and allegri hating he will be an overlord across there...they will use his pimp photo (have u seen it?) as forum wallpaper...they will create rainbow coloured mod username...not black or blue or green...when he sleeps the forum is closed..when he awakes it is online again...he will be their air, their food, their water...the helpful bacteria in their intestinal tract..

gonna take that infraction on my chest cuz...

:rofl:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Juve didnt switch to 4-3-3 against Galata.
Juve didnt play 4-3-3 against madrid.
Juve didnt play 4-3-3 in 2011.
Juve didnt top its group and crash to bayern in 2012.
IgorTudor is not butthurt.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Conte: ‘Disappointed by Italy role’
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte admits he has been ‘disappointed’ with his role as Italy CT, but still hopes he made the right decision.

The Coach left Juventus this summer after three consecutive Scudetti, later taking over his role with the Azzurri, but the former midfielder admits he misses day-to-day contact with his players.
“Before I had daily contact with the players,” Conte lamented in an interview with Chi.

“But I chose with my heart, and I chose the national team at a difficult time. I hope I made the right choice.

“The future? I like working, and I’ve realised that as CT it’s more difficult to do that continuously. This has left me a bit ‘disappointed’.
“At the moment I’m with the national team, then we’ll see whether I’ll go abroad or accept a project in Italy.

“People always expect the maximum from me. In the collective imagination, a Conte team must always win.

“In six years I won five trophies [three Scudetti and two Supercoppa Italiana], so my history creates pressure.”

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
my history creates pressure :lol:

Specially the one with bari or other club... Hope you take inter or milan and drown in that pressure.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
As is pretty much every other coach.

People used to talk so much shit about Allegri when he was at Milan as well.
I talked shit about Allegri because I didnt think he is good enough coach (doubt still he is), very limited for most of his career though mostly safe medium choice, relatively decent job with us so far in very ideal working conditions for him to take over from being the huge factor.

People can dislike Conte's character or nature, how he says things, but what he has done as coach he has fully earned with sheer winning mentality and utter competence. He needs to grow more as a coach and part of that is dropping the stubborness, or the Mourinho like attitude or perscution complex, but I dont doubt he will bounce back and excell again when he finds the right job. Naive to think the NT gig would been any different then what it has been.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I talked shit about Allegri because I didnt think he is good enough coach (doubt still he is), very limited for most of his career though mostly safe medium choice, relatively decent job with us so far in very ideal working conditions for him to take over from being the huge factor.

People can dislike Conte's character or nature, how he says things, but what he has done as coach he has fully earned with sheer winning mentality and utter competence. He needs to grow more as a coach and part of that is dropping the stubborness, or the Mourinho like attitude or perscution complex, but I dont doubt he will bounce back and excell again when he finds the right job. Naive to think the NT gig would been any different then what it has been.
I joined the forum a bit late in this respect for sure, but even during the 2013 season Allegri was still the target of a lot of complaints because of his constant "Gol di Muntari" comments during the 2012 season. I mean it's completely normal fan behaviour, but we should at least recognize for what it is (not talking about you here). And I wasn't exactly convinced by Allegri's appointment either, far from it, he's certainly changed my mind since he came here.

Agree with the rest btw.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
As is pretty much every other coach.

People used to talk so much shit about Allegri when he was at Milan as well.
Dunno, I kind of like Ancelotti, he seems likable, then there's Lippi too, I bet there are quite a few of them that are not so disgusting as conte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)