Antonio Conte (27 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
“Conte shows little respect for his colleagues, his former club and Massimiliano Allegri. Besides, there should be a bit of responsibility attached to being Coach of the national team, as there is with most institutional positions.”

Good point.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Just as I predicted way earlier, Conte being the prick he has always been . Remember how Capello was giving comments on Conte's team back then, same thing Conte is doing now, except Capello has won outside Juventus. Conte will never win anything apart from his experience here.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
icemaη;4845154 said:
What's funny is how the 'lovers' tried to make sense of his words and find a way to create a positive spin before they realised it was misinterpreted. And then criticising the 'haters' for making a big deal of the statement once it looked like it was misinterpreted :howler:
i still think the 1st quote wasnt bad and could do no harm to the team

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
“Conte shows little respect for his colleagues, his former club and Massimiliano Allegri. Besides, there should be a bit of responsibility attached to being Coach of the national team, as there is with most institutional positions.”

Good point.

says who? also not sure if you are aware but the whole quote thing has been explained in the previous page

- - - Updated - - -

I meant, more so, in that light of insulting a Juventus legend, as opposed to insulting a Juventus... bench player...
immaturity and ingratitude, some here are not old enough to know what a club legend is, also their memories are bad, some forget where we were.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
says who? also not sure if you are aware but the whole quote thing has been explained in the previous page
As a NT coach one should pick his words carefully IMO.

I don't know if his words were twisted (I'll check the previous pages again) but I've never really liked his statements/interviews. Not even Mourinho gives himself so much credits like Conte does (though Conte deserves all credits but not from Conte himself), that's a bit too much.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
As a NT coach one should pick his words carefully IMO.

I don't know if his words were twisted (I'll check the previous pages again) but I've never really liked his statements/interviews. Not even Mourinho gives himself so much credits like Conte does (though Conte deserves all credits but not from Conte himself), that's a bit too much.
it was in jest

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

immaturity and ingratitude, some here are not old enough to know what a club legend is, also their memories are bad, some forget where we were.
I am a little to young to appreciate Conte as a player, I was what 6 in 97, and 12 in 03. In 03 I was able to appreciate player like pavel Trezeguet even camo on his first few seasons but a workhorse like Conte not so much. It was after calciopoli I really became a fan of the club. I became a fan because of the loyalty that the players have shown and the fighting spirit despite being shit.

So seeing someone like Conte well established legend, talking out of his ass is infuriating!! I wonder if he were 10 years younger and involved in the calciopoli scandal as a player, would he have stayed? It really makes me question where his heart lies.

Regardless, to hI'm chocking for life and Allegri to lift the CL with us :beer:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
it was in jest
But whether it was in jest or not, he should know how the Italian, or quite frankly, any media works.

The question at hand is whether it should have been said at all. It's really not a question of misinterpretation because he knows full well that as the current NT coach and the former coach of Juve that left under less than auspicious circumstances, that his words would be twisted, and it would immediately be seen as a jab towards Allegri and this current Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

And remember the old saying "There's a grain of truth in every joke"

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But whether it was in jest or not, he should know how the Italian, or quite frankly, any media works.

The question at hand is whether it should have been said at all. It's really not a question of misinterpretation because he knows full well that as the current NT coach and the former coach of Juve that left under less than auspicious circumstances, that his words would be twisted, and it would immediately be seen as a jab towards Allegri and this current Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

And remember the old saying "There's a grain of truth in every joke"
i always hated that saying :D without knowledge if context i condemned his words, after knowledge, nah harmless joke imo

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i always hated that saying :D without knowledge if context i condemned his words, after knowledge, nah harmless joke imo
Oh, hell.

It's not even their best song ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I just posted it in the "What are you listening to" thread

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
icemaη;4845154 said:
What's funny is how the 'lovers' tried to make sense of his words and find a way to create a positive spin before they realised it was misinterpreted. And then criticising the 'haters' for making a big deal of the statement once it looked like it was misinterpreted :howler:
Reverse psychology. :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No reason? There are plenty things to attack him on. Thank God he motivated us with those words yesterday. We really needed it.
yep, we won.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise you also jumped to the wrong conclusion right?
yes, because we didnt know the original quote at the time. but even that misinterpreted quote was not enough reason to react the way some members did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)