Antonio Conte (378 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Someone tell Conte that you get the same prize at the end of the season whether you win it by 20 or by 11.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
didnt he visit the club a while ago. did he burn those bridges before, during or after that
You gotta admit, no matter of you affiliations, that he's been giving some ridiculous statements since he left. Majority of fans loathe him atm. At least that's the impression I got while rummaging ocassionally through Juve's Italian sites. Should be more careful in his addressing to the media.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
he visits every club because of his job as italy's coach.
yes but there were some talks before that we (or he, cant remember exactly) dont want him to visit us. if that happened i would believe it. i would say the clubs relations with him arent really good right now (understandable), but i dont think he burned bridges here

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
yes but there were some talks before that we (or he, cant remember exactly) dont want him to visit us. if that happened i would believe it. i would say the clubs relations with him arent really good right now (understandable), but i dont think he burned bridges here
he burned the bridge that takes him to the coaching offices. I never see him coaching here again and rightfully so. sure, he'll still have diplomatic ties, this is a business after-all, no room for grudges. and as far as i can tell, he's the only one holding a grudge.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You gotta admit, no matter of you affiliations, that he's been giving some ridiculous statements since he left. Majority of fans loathe him atm. At least that's the impression I got while rummaging ocassionally through Juve's Italian sites. Should be more careful in his addressing to the media.
yeah, he does say foolish things sometimes. i liked some of it when he was here, some like the restaurant comments i didnt. but thats the way he is, arrogant, and i accepted that long ago.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Did he really say that? Or is it a case of misquotes?
If he did say that, it's despicable. Never been a fan of his sound bites, but this is easily the worst he has come up with.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Do the words reverse psychology mean anything to you?
Lol

neither you nor Badass know why he said this and what he wanted to accomplish by saying it. you could also say its foolish to think he wanted to disturb the atmosphere in the club he played for so long and then coached it with the majority of his players still there. if his words motivate the team and give us a performance boost then i thank him for that and wish he would say stuff like that all the time.
None of us know anything about anything, yet we all feel free to use the info we have along with our judgment to form our views.

Juve is dominating the league once again and is a safe bet to take the title. Do you think that this team is so lacking in motivation that a comment such as that will make a big difference? Besides, we face much worse criticism from everyone else everyday, so it's unlikely we will receive any positive effect from this. The difference is he is supposed to be one of us.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
he's right.he is the first coach in Italy that break the 100-points mark. If conte was still our coach we'd up by 20 points.juve may be up 20 points, but we'd probably be out of Europe too.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
None of us know anything about anything, yet we all feel free to use the info we have along with our judgment to form our views.
exactly. and Badass used the info he got to form his view that way. you cant know hes wrong for sure

Juve is dominating the league once again and is a safe bet to take the title. Do you think that this team is so lacking in motivation that a comment such as that will make a big difference? Besides, we face much worse criticism from everyone else everyday, so it's unlikely we will receive any positive effect from this. The difference is he is supposed to be one of us.
someone from the team (cant remember who actually) said that this team wants to prove to everyone that they can win without Conte so him leaving was a motivation boost in itself. he was here for 3 years after all so he still holds some importance. in the last few games we didnt play well, its exactly what Conte said, we lacked the fighting spirit "his" Juve (whichever he is referring to) had. a quote like this can wake the team up and make them performing at their best again after those displays bellow their level, and besides that, a critic like this can have no harm to the team so i have no problem with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give it a shot:
"If this Juve had fighting spirit of my Juve they'd be more than 20 pts ahead."

http://www.vecchiasignora.com/topic/...-punti-in-piu/
was the original posted here?
is that it (from the vecchia signora link)

- - - Updated - - -

With an out of form Pirlo, Vidal and Barzagli gone all season? I highly doubt it. The only thing that's for certain is this team would be playing in EL.
its not

- - - Updated - - -

glad i could make you laugh

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Conte is mad because he's back to being irrelevant, coaching a shitty ass squad.

Oh, and zizi's and Badass' comments are disgusting. Reverse fucking psychology.

Jul 20, 2012
@zizinho

"Sul campionato, posso dire che mi attendevo un torneo più combattuto - ha aggiunto Conte -. Se questa Juve avesse la cattiveria della `mia´ Juve avrebbe 20 punti in più di vantaggio. In lungo e in largo la Juventus sta meritando questo primato in classifica, sta dimostrando di avere più di qualcosa rispetto agli altri. La crisi del Parma? Non si doveva arrivare a tanto, mi auguro che di questa disgrazia si possa fare tesoro".
Yea its right he says if they had the hunger or something along those lines. Basically saying if he were at juve he would have done better. HE then goes on to say that Juve have something more than the other serie a teams.

- - - Updated - - -

so they deserve to be in the position they are in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 374)