Antonio Conte (37 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I do get the feeling that Antonio Conte has always been the most important thing to Antonio Conte, which is fine as it works well from a football perspective, the same as it does for the likes of Mourinho. So he'll always have my respect for what he did with Juve, as a player and a coach. But media soundbites were never his thing, he has too much time on his hands.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
This. What would or could have been with Conte is irrelevant. He left. He could at least have the decency to shut up about it and just do his job. Given that he has provided us with three consecutive scudetti, I will not criticise him easily, but this was poor form.
He didn't just leave, he quit. And yeah, he did win us 3 scudetti as a manager and he was a great player, and I respect him for that, but his recent comment is just shameful to say the least.

With all the injuries and most key players out of form and 20+ points? :bianconero:
This. And the fact that nobody in the top 5 league has a 20 point lead right now. Even Bayern.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
With all the injuries and most key players out of form and 20+ points? :bianconero:
It's possible but debatable. What has spurred our team on this year is proving they can win it without Conte. Had he been here for a 4th year it was getting more and more difficult to motivate the team, every passing year it does. He knew that and intimated as such, which is one probable reason for leaving, given the lack of big funds to really alter the team.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Or maybe spur them on by suggesting that they can do better
Maybe, but I doubt. He's an egoist. This was stronger than him. The smarter thing would have been to keep this opinion to himself, but he had to say it: Hey, stop admiring this Juve. They are nothing special. Perhaps they didn't collapse after my Highness left them, but they're not doing even half as good as they did while I was there.
It screams of arrogance and egoism.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's possible but debatable. What has spurred our team on this year is proving they can win it without Conte. Had he been here for a 4th year it was getting more and more difficult to motivate the team, every passing year it does. He knew that and intimated as such, which is one probable reason for leaving, given the lack of big funds to really alter the team.

not to be too pro conte, though i agree he showed lack of class there(surprise surprise :D) but he his point is exactly that, that his teams were hungrier

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Maybe, but I doubt. He's an egoist. This was stronger than him. The smarter thing would have been to keep this opinion to himself, but he had to say it: Hey, stop admiring this Juve. They are nothing special. Perhaps they didn't collapse after my Highness left them, but they're not doing even half as good as they did while I was there.
It screams of arrogance and egoism.
To a degree Conte is right though, mentally there is something missing that killer instinct has certainly not shown at least of late.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i think max is doing a fine job so far, but no way would he have been able to duplicate conte's achievements with those teams. But i also agree that he should just shut up about us.
I like and support Allegri, but I'm pretty sure that in 2011/2012 he'd have simply continued with the terrible results from the previous two seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)